Chris Beake could be worth a look for DC

Lenigmusx

Denver Broncos Defensive Assistant/D line coach Chris Beake could be worth a look for Buffalo DC.

Beake is a Wade Phillips disciple and he could bring an aggressive 4-3 philosophy that could free up the talent on the Defensive roster. If the Bills decide Anthony Lynn is a viable HC then pairing him with some up and coming Defensive talent could be unexpected and prove successful. Fixing the defense needs to be priority number one as this years offense scored a lot of points. This roster has the plenty of talent.

Denver Broncos Defensive Assistant/D line coach Chris Beake could be worth a look for Buffalo DC.

Beake is a Wade Phillips disciple and he could bring an aggressive 4-3 philosophy that could free up the talent on the Defensive roster. If the Bills decide Anthony Lynn is a viable HC then pairing him with some up and coming Defensive talent could be unexpected and prove successful. Fixing the defense needs to be priority number one as this years offense scored a lot of points. This roster has the plenty of talent.

Definitely a solid candidate given his experience, however, hasn't he spent most of his career coaching on the offensive side of the ball?

I'd also like to throw out there, Adam Zimmer, LB'ers coach Vikings. Very well regarded around the league, experienced, and has the pedigree. Did an amazing job with Barr and Kendricks this year.

Zimmer would be excellent as well! Yes Beake was an Offensive coach but seems to have the system in Denver down well enough to be the number two with keys to the car. Is Zimmer a Hybrid guy like Pettine? It doesn't matter if he lets these guys play more on instinct. We have talent.

His father was GM of the Broncos and was very tight with an in-law of mine but I honestly hadn't thought about John Beake in many years. Did not know one of his sons was coaching in the NFL. I like the background and respected his father's work and if he could translate Wade's defensive scheme yeah that would be a good hire.

Definitely a solid candidate given his experience, however, hasn't he spent most of his career coaching on the offensive side of the ball?

I'd also like to throw out there, Adam Zimmer, LB'ers coach Vikings. Very well regarded around the league, experienced, and has the pedigree. Did an amazing job with Barr and Kendricks this year.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I thought Lynn might want to bring in a Mike Zimmer style defense and I suppose that might be the guy to do it.

Lynn and Mike Zimmer coached together in Dallas under Parcells.

Wade is a 3-4 disciple and that's what Denver runs.

Wade has shown he can successfully run a 4-3 or 3-4 depending on the personnel he has to work with. He's unusual in that regard, most guys are married to a system. He'll favor a 3-4 if he's got the players but can do both.

Wade has shown he can successfully run a 4-3 or 3-4 depending on the personnel he has to work with. He's unusual in that regard, most guys are married to a system. He'll favor a 3-4 if he's got the players but can do both.

That would certainly explain how he's able to turn around a defense in a season or less, which he has seemingly done with every team he's coached.

This is one of the weirdest games for me. I dont want to lose to the Jets cuz i live in NYC and i dont like seeing Jet fans happy. But i also dont want to win because of where we would pick in the draft compared to if we lose.

Then comes the topic at hand. Defensive coordinator. I dont want the defense to look amazing and possibly give Dennis Thurman another year (if Lynn gets picked for the head coaching job next year, i cant say for sure he'll let go of Thurman). But i also hate watching them play bad because i have alot of respect for Kyle Williams, Zach Brown and one of my new favorite Bills, Lorenzo Alexander. Its not fair to those 3 guys cuz i believe they came to work each and every week and gave it all they had.

So as far as who we should hire for defensive coordinator? I dont care who they hire as long as its not Thurman. I dont like the product him and Rex put on the field for two years, i dont like his attitude and he STINKS (or at least i assume he does cuz every time he gives an interview, his facial expression is that of someone who walked into a smelly bathroom).

Gus Bradley.

Our D has similar pieces (although many are gutless or stupid) to Seattle. But that's what we can have the makings of here.

Top tier CBS. Good edge rushers. Dareus.

Just need a Safety. Badly.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Edited by Big Blitz

Wade has always run a 34, which would still work here because Wade's D have always been good.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/depth-chart.html