Bills Announce Whaley to Lead the Head Coaching Search

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my opinion. Judging by the media reaction both in Buffalo and nationally, I don't think I'm wrong. Media coverage drives opinion. It will not be pretty unless the Bills shock the world and win next season. I don't foresee that happening.

Most media love witch hunts. They thrive on negative news.

They love to get people fired and live in a hindsight world. And the simple fact is 90% of them are completely worthless and easily replaceable themselves.

Hope you're right. I don't see Bradley, however. there are going to be better options out there for him, I suspect.

I don't see that Dave - rarely do you see a HC go from one HC spot to another after failing miserably as a HC (unless he had prior HC success). He's going to be a DC somewhere. Where is he going to have more talent at defense than in Buffalo. For a DC, this is one of the better landing spots.

Is the world coming to an end?

It's a joke. :cry::thumbsup::nana:

I don't see that Dave - rarely do you see a HC go from one HC spot to another after failing miserably as a HC (unless he had prior HC success). He's going to be a DC somewhere. Where is he going to have more talent at defense than in Buffalo. For a DC, this is one of the better landing spots.

that's what I meant - DC in a better situation than Buffalo. I think the talent on D in Buffalo is HIGHLY overrated, btw.

Edited by dave mcbride

It is my opinion. Judging by the media reaction both in Buffalo and nationally, I don't think I'm wrong. Media coverage drives opinion. It will not be pretty unless the Bills shock the world and win next season. I don't foresee that happening.

Dave, he's doing a press conference Monday. The press can berate him with questions then until they are blue in the face.

Let's me ask this, what's stupider: sending Lynn out there for his mandatory Wednesday press conference or the press guys asking questions to Lynn they already know the answers to?

We all knew when EJ was announced as the starter and that TT was going to sit it was management making that decision. Why ask Lynn?

that's what I meant - DC in a better situation than Buffalo. I think the talent on D in Buffalo is HIGHLY overrated, btw.

Possibly. But it does have talent. Hughes, MD, KW will be back, Ragland, Shaq, Adolphus. We'll see what happens with Gilmore. Darby played well last year. We need 2 players: a safety and a corner if Gilmore leaves.

Where do you think a better landing spot would be for him?

Dave, he's doing a press conference Monday. The press can berate him with questions then until they are blue in the face.

Let's me ask this, what's stupider: sending Lynn out there for his mandatory Wednesday press conference or the press guys asking questions to Lynn they already know the answers to?

We all knew when EJ was announced as the starter and that TT was going to sit it was management making that decision. Why ask Lynn?

It is imperative for management to get out in front and not let newly hired underlings twist in the wind. That is PR 101. There are no excuses for what happened. And I really mean none. Any outside observer looking at this knows how effed up this looks. Reporters get one shot to ask people in the organization about an in-season firing while the season is still underway, and they get the equivalent of a guy who has accelerated up the ranks al qaeda style -- assuming the command position of of whichever superior has just been droned.

Sorry - it is simply not a good look and does the opposite of inspire confidence.

Possibly. But it does have talent. Hughes, MD, KW will be back, Ragland, Shaq, Adolphus. We'll see what happens with Gilmore. Darby played well last year. We need 2 players: a safety and a corner if Gilmore leaves.

Not sure. It depends on what's available. The Rams have better defensive talent than the Bills, btw. I'm not sold on Hughes anymore, who hasn't played well of late. Adolphus and Shaq look like JAGs at the moment but could improve. But every team has those guys. I don't expect Gilmore to be here next season.

It is imperative for management to get out in front and not let newly hired underlings twist in the wind. That is PR 101. There are no excuses for what happened. And I really mean none. Any outside observer looking at this knows how effed up this looks. Reporters get one shot to ask people in the organization about an in-season firing while the season is still underway, and they get the equivalent of a guy who has accelerated up the ranks al qaeda style -- assuming the command position of of whichever superior has just been droned.

Sorry - it is simply not a good look and does the opposite of inspire confidence.

Not sure. It depends on what's available. The Rams have better defensive talent than the Bills, btw. I'm not sold on Hughes anymore, who hasn't played well of late. Adolphus and Shaq look like JAGs at the moment but could improve. But every team has those guys. I don't expect Gilmore to be here next season.

Dave they are going to get their shot next Monday, why does it matter if it's today or Monday?

I have to think The Bills have Enough D talent to attract. And if that person feels the Offense is good enough to carry that side of the ball ?

I feel Bills will attract a decent Defensive staff.

Also i do like the idea of Lynn Kromer and Bradley. But i might substitute in another defensive mind who can flex or favors for down line men as the base

I have zero faith in Whaley. Back to 2013 he gives starting QB job to EJ. EJ gets injured and the back-ups are Tuel and at the last minute he picks up Thad Lewis. We know how that turned out and it proves he's got no clue what a good quarterback is.

2014 he picks up Cassell and Orton. We know how that turned out. Whaley does not know what a good QB is.

The signings of Harvin and Reggie Bush make no sense at all. Total waste of salary. Is Harvin his best friend.

Historically he's proven he cannot fill out a full competitive NFL roster. If he stays the song remains the same.

When the hammer comes down, it's the responsibility of the hammerers to be the public face. I really don't think that's debatable. It's PR 101.

Right and that's happening Monday. All will be explained and the media can ask as many questions as they like.

The NFL mandates that NFL coaches have a press conference on Wednesday. That's what Lynn was doing. The press was told before Lynn came to the podium Doug would be speaking Monday, Buscsglia tweeted it, so why ask questions to Lynn you know you can ask Whaley on Monday?

if this were true -- I gotta say it wouldn't surprise me...... :lol: and that's really, really sad..

I will vomit in a public forum if he is hired.

If it is Brandon creating media spin ( and only that) its hilarious) ?

But spinning gets me dizzy, and dizzy makes me puke.

Right and that's happening Monday. All will be explained and the media can ask as many questions as they like.

The NFL mandates that NFL coaches have a press conference on Wednesday. That's what Lynn was doing. The press was told before Lynn came to the podium Doug would be speaking Monday, Buscsglia tweeted it, so why ask questions to Lynn you know you can ask Whaley on Monday?

I just fundamentally disagree with you on this. That's fine though. I respect your opinion.

The only good part of Lynn being promoted (assuming he even wants the job) and having EJ forced on him by Whaley is that Whaley will be gone by next November or so when the team has 4 or 5 wins and rumors of "a toxic situation" at OBD leak out again and Lynn tells him to go F himself and benches EJ and says "go ahead and fire me."

We've seen this same show with the Sabres. Barring a miracle, Whaley is gone, it's just a matter of time.

Being "safe" can change very quickly under Terry and Kim. Darcy was kept after Lindy was fired and yet Terry was going around his back looking for guys to be GM long before Darcy was fired.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Pros to keeping Whaley: Seems pretty competent at his primary personnel job. Ensuring positive relationship with new HC. Also, he has more football smarts in the hiring process than those charged with it if he werent around.

Cons to keeping Whaley: Eliminates any coach who would only accept if given personnel control. Unless that person is interviewed, makes that clear, and the Pegulas intervene and promote or fire Whaley to make room.

Also, Whaley might not be as awesome as he thinks, passed on some possible franchise QBs, Two firsts for Watkins instead of one for Odell or Mack.