Why Isn't This An Option? And, I hate to say it...

But the 580 rushing yards, 6 TDs and effectiveness of the running game can't just be excluded. It's an unconventional evaluation but you HAVE to take the whole picture into account.

the rushing yards equate to 41 yards a game. The TDs equate to 2.4 points a game, considering we won and lost no games by less than 2 points I can debate his rushing did little to ultimately impact games. I'm sorry but he's a below average QB all things considered.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the rushing yards equate to 41 yards a game. The TDs equate to 2.4 points a game, considering we won and lost no games by less than 2 points I can debate his rushing did little to ultimately impact games. I'm sorry but he's a below average QB all things considered.

This is up there with the dumbest arguments to be made on this site. Averages are nice for some things, but this isn't the right application. I can think of at least 1 game, Jacksonville, where we won by 7 and Tyrod had a rushing TD. Tell me again how it had no impact on that game? By your same argument Shady has only impacted 1 game with his 5.2 points per game, and it was the Miami game.

Also, I'm not sure of your take on advanced stats, but Football Outsiders has our offense ranked 8 in DVOA, with the 14th ranked passing offense and the 1st ranked rushing offense. I'd argue that the 14th ranked passing offense is pretty middle of the pack.

Only in Buffalo would it be necessary to renegotiate a contract signed four months ago for their best QB. And the guy who wanted that contract done will now lead the head coach search.

Then again this team signed Charles Clay to a contract and renegotiated it a year later as well.

They're among the bottom 10 teams in the league in cap room for a reason.

Only in Buffalo would it be necessary to renegotiate a contract signed four months ago for their best QB. And the guy who wanted that contract done will now lead the head coach search.

Then again this team signed Charles Clay to a contract and renegotiated it a year later as well.

They're among the bottom 10 teams in the league in cap room for a reason.

They guy that wanted the contract done is leaving Buffalo in his tandum bike with his brother

But the 580 rushing yards, 6 TDs and effectiveness of the running game can't just be excluded. It's an unconventional evaluation but you HAVE to take the whole picture into account.

Yep, those points (and yards) count too! Sometimes unconventional is the next big thing. Or the exception to the rule.

Your lost in the numbers. What about the points scored by others because he kept a drive alive? Not so easy now. The whole picture just looks different than other teams, but that doesn't make it bad. In fact, different could be good. Teams are NOT built to stop it. So all the "easy math" here is either worthlesss, or far to complicated for me to comprehend.

Oh, and a couple points/game can be the difference between the playoffs and another year of this. Please pass that along to the defense. He may be a below average passer, but that doesn't mean he HAS TO BE a below average QB. (And he might keep improving, especially if Sammy can actually PLAY HEALTHY and get some help.)

Edited by Augie

And you are????? If this is really your opinion, it is a good thing you are not making the decision.

Crazy how people here undervalue assets.

Edited by horned dogs

They guy that wanted the contract done is leaving Buffalo in his tandum bike with his brother

Rex offered a solution better than Whaley's attempt. The HC had his faults, but the GM couldn't figure you don't stop trying to acquire a QB until you know you've got one.

Did Rex tell Overdorf to sign TT to that contract as well?

It's like with Tebow.. maybe you can win with him...if you change your offence to a run first offence... and have a good defence....I don't see GM's or coaches signing up for that with big money. The Bills will get him back much cheeper IMO. If they can't keep the roster strong giving him big money, then they should move on.

I don't love Taylor, but right now I think he's the best option for the Bills. I hope that changes. But I do think there is reason to believe TT can be better.

The offense was pretty good this year. Passing stats were bad, but how much was due to Bills focusing on the running game and how much due to TT's limitations. Hard to say. Both were factors.

TT is unconventional for sure, we have to look at his valuable skills that don't show up in the passing stats if we also hold him accountable for the crap numbers.

I think I'd like to see them keep TT, let EJ go, bring in a capable backup, continue to groom Cardale, and try and find a diamond in the rough in the draft.

with that in mind, I think it makes sense to sit TT this week. He blows out a knee and is out a year and the whole thing is screwed.

Rex offered a solution better than Whaley's attempt. The HC had his faults, but the GM couldn't figure you don't stop trying to acquire a QB until you know you've got one.

Did Rex tell Overdorf to sign TT to that contract as well?

Read the over the cap article

Throw out signing bonuses (that don't count against the cap) and his contract is worth exactly his level of play, average for a QB. His highest cap hit is barely $18 mil in 2021, it's short of $16 mil next year. Why restructure when it's already a mid-level contract for a mid-level QB?

Yes, they do count against the cap. So you can't throw them out or ignore them when talking about the contract.