12-26: Eric Wood and Rex Ryan Media Sessions

billsfan_34

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely old enough but didnt really get into football until maybe 13 to 14 years ago (and would only watch Bills games). Im not an NFL fan. Just a Bills fan.

After Sunday, i will not watch football til september again (minus the Superbowl)

If you like football not sure you do i or just Bills. I suggest lower class college ball such a better sport

That's kind of my point. The owners don't seem to have any idea on how to run this football team. Everyone seems to be looking out for their own self interests. The Pegulas seem easily swayed depending on who is on their ear. I love what they've done for the region but they need to let football people run the actual football team.

I get that but part of that would he talking to Russ. I absolutely hate that Russ is now in their inner circle.

However so wasnt Ted Black and he was fired.

Issue is Russ is a harder divorce "Managing Partner" in my world means there is power attached has an equal vote as ownership granted Pegulas have 2/3rds of the vote.

Wonder if "Partner" was a term of the sale meaning Ralph ensured Brandon had a say with the Bills.

Now reason it is also a hard divorce is he nkw has high level say in ALL Pegula Ops. Not going to Fire him from Bills and keep him on with Sabres, Amerks and PSE

So have no issues with Brandon on Surface and would love for him to just abstain from this next coaching search focus on Sabres President it will go a long way in finally seeing he doesnt have a tie to the onfield product.

Oooo and FIND THE FREAKING LEAKS

Edited by MAJBobby

wouldn't you be beat down after this season? Put your heart and soul into the game and it turns out like this?

say what you want about Rex but he does live the game.

He has a propensity to be a knucklehead, but he's handled the situation with class. Refuses to blame. Doesn't lash out at the JV media.

He was the GM for two years between Marv and Buddy. Ralph let him run the organization for nearly a decade. His hands are all over this mess. You are the one who is clueless.

Believe it was a year, and only because they were left in the lurch by Marv. I understand he took the job at Mary Wilson's request, who took over the operation of the franchise at that time because she and the Detroit Mafia saw that Ralph was incapable of running things any more. I don't believe it was ever intended for him to be the long-term GM. In fact, he begged Buddy, who was retiring, to come in and help him, then used the year to reorganize the office and have Buddy overhaul the scouting department, which has been paying dividends ever since. With that done, Buddy took over the GM job for the final two years of the commitment he'd given to the team. He used that time to train up Whaley who Brandon brought in with the intent of eventually being the GM.

In the category of "How Soon They Forget," at that moment in time the Bills couldn't get a legitimate GM or HC candidate to even come in for an interview. Some of them didn't even bother returning calls. Free Agents were avoiding the place, at least the ones that were any good. Hell, Buddy had to play hard on friendship to get Chan Gailey to come to Buffalo and nobody was chasing him at all. That's why it was a big deal to sign Mario Williams and why they had to overpay for him. I think that's also why they overpaid for Rex.

I can't be the only one around here who remembers what a mess the Bills were at the time Russ replaced Marv. Today it's a much different story. The Bills are close to being a very good team and likely for a long time, and the rest of the league can see that. I don't think there will be any problems getting top candidates to interview for HC this time around. And that change in the status quo goes back to Mary Wilson tapping Brandon, and the changes he made to the organization after that, right down to shepherding the sale to the Pegulas. But, yeah, fire the bum because he hasn't been 100% perfect in everything he's done. Maybe they can bring Marv back.

Believe it was a year, and only because they were left in the lurch by Marv. I understand he took the job at Mary Wilson's request, who took over the operation of the franchise at that time because she and the Detroit Mafia saw that Ralph was incapable of running things any more. I don't believe it was ever intended for him to be the long-term GM. In fact, he begged Buddy, who was retiring, to come in and help him, then used the year to reorganize the office and have Buddy overhaul the scouting department, which has been paying dividends ever since. With that done, Buddy took over the GM job for the final two years of the commitment he'd given to the team. He used that time to train up Whaley who Brandon brought in with the intent of eventually being the GM.

In the category of "How Soon They Forget," at that moment in time the Bills couldn't get a legitimate GM or HC candidate to even come in for an interview. Some of them didn't even bother returning calls. Free Agents were avoiding the place, at least the ones that were any good. Hell, Buddy had to play hard on friendship to get Chan Gailey to come to Buffalo and nobody was chasing him at all. That's why it was a big deal to sign Mario Williams and why they had to overpay for him. I think that's also why they overpaid for Rex.

I can't be the only one around here who remembers what a mess the Bills were at the time Russ replaced Marv. Today it's a much different story. The Bills are close to being a very good team and likely for a long time, and the rest of the league can see that. I don't think there will be any problems getting top candidates to interview for HC this time around. And that change in the status quo goes back to Mary Wilson tapping Brandon, and the changes he made to the organization after that, right down to shepherding the sale to the Pegulas. But, yeah, fire the bum because he hasn't been 100% perfect in everything he's done. Maybe they can bring Marv back.

Thank you. I think people forget how low this franchise was where no one would even interview here. We are out of that basement and even mediocrity is far better than where we were.

Yes Brandon must pay for Toronto.

Well he did Toronto because Ralph wanted thr money Grab.

To his credit once he was calling the shots did suspend it

Was it Brandon or Whaley that told Terry "not to let Rex walk out that door" without hiring him?

Russ

I don't think Russ is getting fired. That is just a dream. But anyone who doesn't think he has a major role in this drought is obviously misinformed.

Agreed and agreed. Russ Brandon isn't getting fired... as soon as he was given more responsibility with the Sabres.....He was staying.

What? So with Tyrod and "some new coach" we are 10-6, 11-5 next year? C'mon man, lets be realistic. Who we gettin? Harbaugh?

I believe it's very possible

I could link news articles from writers who know much more on the Bills past power structure, but you would just call them hacks and we would get nowhere.

Shouldn't you be telling people who have watched the Bills their whole lives, that if they didn't like the outcome of the game on Saturday, they shouldn't express displeasure but get a new team?

No I won't. Do it. Back up your statements. Just make sure they aren't four years old.

He was the GM for two years between Marv and Buddy. Ralph let him run the organization for nearly a decade. His hands are all over this mess. You are the one who is clueless.

While "all over this mess" is a relative term (there were many hands at the controls), it's fair to say Brandon has had a significant influence on the football administration side things for at least half of the time since the drought began.

But the idea that Brandon is what has stood between us and a SB win is ludicrous. Like if he just left tomorrow, we'd win a championship immediately.

Edited by K-9