12-26: Eric Wood and Rex Ryan Media Sessions

billsfan_34

I listened to both. Schopp and Bullfog didn't even ask Wood what he was thinking on 4th and 2 while watching the game. They actually barely talked about the game at all.

Here's what I wish someone would ask Rex. He has stated that anything inside 2 yards be ready to go for it on 4th. So, you have 3rd and a long two and they call a pass play!?!? The #1 rushing team in the NFL decides to pass the ball on 3rd and 2 when they would have gone for it if they could of at least picked up one yard. I actually think they get that first down with a run on 3rd.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to both. Schopp and Bullfog didn't even ask Wood what he was thinking on 4th and 2 while watching the game. They actually barely talked about the game at all.

Here's what I wish someone would ask Rex. He has stated that anything inside 2 yards be ready to go for it on 4th. So, you have 3rd and a long two and they call a pass play!?!? The #1 rushing team in the NFL decides to pass the ball on 3rd and 2 when they would have gone for it if they could of at least picked up one yard. I actually think they get that first down with a run on 3rd.

Two downs to make 2 yard plus.

Two downs to make 2 yard plus.

I just don't see or hear many people talking about this. All the talk is about punting on 4th. Don't know why more isn't being made of the play call to pass on 3rd down, and especially when Rex has said twice now they were ready to go for it if it was 2 yards or less. To me, not calling a run play on 3rd was just as or more egregious than the decision to punt on 4th.

Instead, Rex Ryan trotted out his punter, putting the defense on the field, and the rest is history. Even on Monday, the Bills head coach is convinced what he decided to do was the right thing.

“I know in my heart at the time that I did it, I thought I was making the right decision.”

That just sounds so much like

Edited by DC Tom

The vitriol for TT, Rex, DW and Russ amazes me.

We're a middling team, not a bad one. Our statistics are average-ish. Our W-L under Rex is average-ish. We're not the Browns.

Of course, our goal is not to be better than the Browns or even just average. It's to return to the playoffs, better yet the Super Bowl.

But, as I see it, we have average coaching and an average roster. So maybe both Rex and DW need to go. But Russ? I'm not sure how Russ is contributing to the mediocrity in any way since he's neither the final authority on the coaching staff nor the roster.

I think the Pegulas are in a far better position to judge Russ - since they actually know what they've asked him to do! - than any of us.