This game just showed that Tyrod is not the #1 problem

BillsFan130

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game showed that Tyrod is capable of having a very good game once in a while. That's all it showed.

Over the course of the season, he has absolutely been the biggest problem on offense. Same with last season.

Bye Rex. Bye Tyrod. Thank you, Miami.

Sure got better yesterday with a healthy Woods an Sammy.

And I'd like to congratulate Tyrod on his first 300+ yard passing game (although it did take an OT for him to get it). But if you want to play the "what about this game?" game, then I can point to a number where he wasn't so good. I'll wager that if we went back and fourth you'd run out long before I would.

And I'd like to congratulate Tyrod on his first 300+ yard passing game (although it did take an OT for him to get it). But if you want to play the "what about this game?" game, then I can point to a number where he wasn't so good. I'll wager that if we went back and fourth you'd run out long before I would.

Ill go back and forth if we limit it to the games where both Watkins and Woods played the entire game.

This game showed that Tyrod is capable of having a very good game once in a while. That's all it showed.

Over the course of the season, he has absolutely been the biggest problem on offense. Same with last season.

Bye Rex. Bye Tyrod. Thank you, Miami.

Super "fan" wishing your team loses. You should be proud.

Ill go back and forth if we limit it to the games where both Watkins and Woods played the entire game.

Can we talk about Tyrod running out of bounds at the end of the 4th quarter and saving 24 seconds of clock so that Miami had enough time to get down the field and kick the game-tying FG? When he did that I pointed it out to my son. I said that if that gives the Dolphins enough time to score and the Bills lose, then his mistake cost them the game.

Can we talk about Tyrod running out of bounds at the end of the 4th quarter and saving 24 seconds of clock so that Miami had enough time to get down the field and kick the game-tying FG? When he did that I pointed it out to my son. I said that if that gives the Dolphins enough time to score and the Bills lose, then his mistake cost them the game.

Wunderlic - 15.

Super "fan" wishing your team loses. You should be proud.

Wish? No. Upset about it? Hell, no.

To say that he's not the number one problem as if that somehow validates keeping him as a QB makes zero sense to me since he is absolutely "part" of the problem that needs to be addressed. Coaching, QB, Defense all need to be addressed in a way that shows commitment to excellence, not mediocrity.

No not allowed its defenses fault

No lets stay on point and go game for game when Woods and Watkins and Tyrod play the entire game. We dont just change the subject when you realize you have Zero shot.

What did Aaron Rodgers do missing Jordy Nelson? Cam Newton missing Benjamin, Dak Prescott do missing Dez?

Got it people need to be on the field to make TT serviceable. The other players make him better not other way around.

What did Aaron Rodgers do missing Jordy Nelson? Cam Newton missing Benjamin, Dak Prescott do missing Dez?

Got it people need to be on the field to make TT serviceable. The other players make him better not other way around.

It's really gotten to the point where anyone arguing that Tyrod isn't the problem is either a relative of his or pitifully stupid.

1 player vs your entire recieving corps when your corps are not deep to begin with. Any way you slice it you lose and lose by a huge margin.

It's really gotten to the point where anyone arguing that Tyrod isn't the problem is either a relative of his or pitifully stupid.

Anybody still arguing that the offense is the problem is being laughed at by most on these boards.

1 player vs your entire recieving corps when your corps are not deep to begin with. Any way you slice it you lose and lose by a huge margin.

Anybody still arguing that the offense is the problem is being laughed at by most on these boards.

Other than being totally wrong, you're absolutely right! :thumbsup:

Back to that i see. So whej Watkins and Woods are out Clay was not tunning open all over the field?

The rest of the WRs were not running open a majority of time.

See theres the point a Good QB elevates the play of others heck Cam Newton has turned Ginn into viable.

Bad QBs need other around him to elevate thier play see (Losman, Edwards, EJ, Tyrod)

But that takes a level of help and understanding of football that some might not grasp its ok my counselor can help with that.

Edited by MAJBobby

I don't argue the "Offense" is the problem - quite the opposite in my mind - Tyrod as QB is THE problem. Receivers are and were getting open, even the less notable receivers, Clay has been open most of the year, the running game is working and if Tyrod didn't break out of the pocket as often, pass protection would be average at worst to good at best. However, leaving receiving yards on the field, failing to hit open receivers, not use the middle of the field, very inaccurate throws high, low and wide have been a persistent issue for him. So, I'd say the "Offense" has been productive DESPITE Tyrod, certainly not because of him.

Bring in an offense-minded coach like Gruden who can light a fire under Tyrod to speed things up and actually read defenses. Get him a tall #2. And in the meantime trade up for Trubinsky, whatever it takes.

And if TT cant process any faster? Evidence he cant?

How many more times will you dodge the raiders/Steelers performances ?

Why should we actually we have many many times and the COT just cannot fathom similar play from those names at a reduced cost because TT is elite

I actually agree with this. We have given the names. Some of you don't agree they are alternatives - fine. They obviously rate Tyrod higher than I do.

Edited by GunnerBill

Aaron Rodgers had his worst QB rating for any full season and his completion percentage dropped by about 6% to a number lower than Tyrod's this year by about a percent...that's what missing Nelson did for him. His YPA also dropped to the lowest for his career as well by about 1.2 yards over his career average to a number lower than Tyrod's YPA this year...

But he gets a lot of easy 1 and 2 yard TD throws down by the goalline Tyrod doesn't get...

So to Recap...Rodgers without Nelson: 60.7% Completion, 6.7 YPA, 92.6 rating, 46 sacks

Tyrod without Watkins: 61.7% Completion, 6.9 YPA, 89.7 Rating, 42 sacks

Yeah...that didn't work out so good for you MAJBobby...maybe you should try another one...

Edited by matter2003

Aaron Rodgers had his worst QB rating for any full season and his completion percentage dropped by about 6%...that's what missing Nelson did for him.

and Yet Still better than TT ever has. Off pace by 500 yards still 3800. Still a 3 to 1 TD:INT RATIO. Still higher than 90 rating still won games with his arm still won games despite having a horrible defense

Cam? Dak?

Edited by MAJBobby

Yep because Shady was trash before he has Tyrod Taylor as his QB.

Yes TT helps the run offense but not nearly as much as people want to make it

Feel free to break it down for us. Would love a detailed x's and o's analysis.

and Yet Still better than TT ever has. Off pace by 500 yards still 3800. Still a 3 to 1 TD:INT RATIO. Still higher than 90 rating

Cam? Dak?

Of course they are are a pass based offense...what a stupid argument...Oh, he had all these yards because he throws the ball 150 times more a season than Tyrod...well, no ****?? You mean he had more yards and more TD passes when you throw the ball a lot more? Who would have guessed??

He also had his lowest yards per game at 238 of his career...about 19 more yards than Tyrod averaged last year.

Surely, you can do better than that.

Your argument just got blown up in your face and you now want to turn it into something that obviously would be true based on the number of attempts he had...

Edited by matter2003

Nope but keep trying it js fun

Thats what you do that is what you always do then deny doing it. Denying it wont make it go away because it is reality and everyone can see it. Everytime you are empty for a response you do it.

Of course they are are a pass based offense...what a stupid argument...Oh, he had all these yards because he throws the ball 150 times more a season than Tyrod...well, no ****?? You mean he had more yards and more TD passes when you throw the ball a lot more? Who would have guessed??

Surely, you can do better than that.

And Carolina and their Run Based offense when Cam Lost Benjamin? Sunk their season and exposed Cam didnt it?

Dallas and thier run first system Dak was exposed when Dez didnt play? Actually Dak played better when Dez was off the field great for his development.

Sorry that out QB doesnt elevate anyones play instead needs other players to elevate his.

Edited by MAJBobby

Think most people would trade our offense for the Cowboys offense in a heartbeat. Fact is we are seventh in scoring and they are sixth. We are exactly .2 points per game behind them. Our problem isnt offense its defense. It took Jim Kelly 4 years to reach his peak. Tyrods been in this offense for two. I have no issue with the Bills taking a qb in thr fourth or fifth round. But our first three selections should be defense. Is tyrod perfect. Not even close. But he is the qb of the seventh best offense in the league. Thats a fact. He should be brought back. There are no better options unless we get incredibly lucky in the draft like Dallas did. A broken down Tony Romo? No thanks unless its a conditional third and the price will be much higher than that for him.

Edited by TANK2