Bills Had Ten Men on the Field on Ajayi's Big OT Run

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/coaches/

When you've got a coach, assistant or someone on the sideline with a clipboard or Gatorade cup and a player not in the 46 in civilian dress and practice squad/ for less than every 2 players suited up- surely someone counts to 11... even with players running on and off... surely...

I heard on a national show that there were also only 10 on the field for the winning FG.

Am I late to the party? Can someone confirm?

@SalSports

On having ten men on field: "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen." Says it's his responsibility.

Actually he said "it's my responsibility just like everything on that field. I have big shoulders and I'll take it, but I know what happened." Rex, when you say most ridiculous, what happened? "I know what it is, but I'm not gonna get into it."

To me this is the problem. He doesn't actually take responsibility even though he tries so hard to act like it. Really frustrating to see him talk like this time and again.

"There's a lot of things on film that when you look at it you're like, man. Boy that sure looks like a pass interference but it wasn't called. Then here's this and here's that and to overcome all that it's just painful."

Not one mention of what he and his coaching staff did wrong. So you do want to get into it Rex, you just don't want to talk about what you and your staff did wrong. He deflects so much he blinds himself - purposely. No wonder our players play with the same lack of accountability.

Edited by Triple Threat

On the ten men on the field, he said it was the most ridiculous thing he has seen.

What was it?

Was Gilmore cleared to return and refused?

Was Gilmore cleared but then someone changed their mind?

Did Reed, Rob, or Dennis Thurman screw it up?

There is way more to this story.

Give some credit to the media as they tried to get it out of him. And give Rex a little credit for not letting it out.

Edited by Dragonborn10

Actually he said "it's my responsibility just like everything on that field. I have big shoulders and I'll take it, but I know what happened." Rex, when you say most ridiculous, what happened? "I know what it is, but I'm not gonna get into it."

To me this is the problem. He doesn't actually take responsibility even though he tries so hard to act like it. Really frustrating to see him talk like this time and again.

"There's a lot of things on film that when you look at it you're like, man. Boy that sure looks like a pass interference but it wasn't called. Then here's this and here's that and to overcome all that it's just painful."

Not one mention of what he and his coaching staff did wrong. So you do want to get into it Rex, you just don't want to talk about what you and your staff did wrong. He deflects so much he blinds himself - purposely. No wonder our players play with the same lack of accountability.

@SalSports

Rex: "Ridiculous" there were only ten men on field for Ajayi's run: http://www.wgr550.com/Rex-Ridiculous-there-were-only-ten-men-on-field-fo/22972005

I'm one of the harshest critics of Rex on this board. I have been since it was announced that he was hired. But even being someone who has a jaundiced view of him as a coach I give Rex credit for always going to the podium after a game and conducting himself in an uncomfortable situation with dignity and class.

The HC doesn't usually make the substitution when a player is hurt on a particular unit. That's the position coach's responsibility. If a CB is hurt the position coach determines who is going to replace him. It's impossible for Rex to assess the nature of a particular player's injury and tract the injured player because he is too busy managing the game.

When Rex says he is ultimately responsible for not replacing an injured player he shouldn't be criticized for it. He should be given credit for being a stand up guy and not singling out the coach or player who failed to fulfill their responsibility.

Anyone who watched this game witnessed some glaring pass interference plays that weren't called against Miami. They were major referee miscues that did have a bearing on the outcome. Rex mentioned them but he didn't dwell on them. Again, not making excuses when justifiably he could have done so is a behavior that should be extolled and not criticized.

Rex is not a good coach. That is evident. He knew after the game and prior to taking to the podium that he was a dead duck as the coach for this team. He maintained his composure at the podium and without rancor answered tough questions. Let's at least give him credit for how he conducted himself after the game.

Edited by JohnC