Bills Had Ten Men on the Field on Ajayi's Big OT Run

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a critic of Tyrod for his limitations. Today he made plenty of good throws and had in general a good game. Getting the ball to Watkins and Clay demonstrated that we can have a potent office. My problem with him still relates to his ability to read defenses and go through his progressions. But in general I have to acknowledge that he played well'

I'm not sure how big an issue this is. It almost seems to me that this is the fallback criticism. Perhaps he's overly cautious, but there is a huge upside to not having you QB turn the ball over. TT does so many things so well. I just think it would be a mistake to let him go.

WOW.....whos fault is this though? the DC or is their a line changes coach?

I'm not sure how big an issue this is. It almost seems to me that this is the fallback criticism. Perhaps he's overly cautious, but there is a huge upside to not having you QB turn the ball over. TT does so many things so well. I just think it would be a mistake to let him go.

Agree, TT showed his progression today. He led us back in he 4th and took the lead. then the STs and DEF pissed it away. He couldnt lead 4th comebacks last year (outside of Titans game), this year he is getting better in the clutch. Just needs more REAL game time. I want us to keep TT as a stop gap until someone beats him for the job.

This was the worst tacking performance I've ever seen. To me, this was the defense pleading with the owners to kick Rex out and bring in a professional DC. Lynn can be the HC, and some up and coming talent can take over the defense. Unless Jim Schwartz is available, in which case the Pegulas should bring him back as HC and let him hire a new staff. Or an old staff, the one Schwartz had here when the defense was great, not a liability like Rex's mess.

I don't think it is unfair to criticize him for his lack of ability to go through his progressions and hit receivers in stride. At least to me that has been evident all season long. But as I stated in my prior post I thought he had a very good game today and made a lot of good throws to mostly Watkins and Clay.

The organization has to make a tough decision after the season whether his overall talents warrant the contract he will be getting from his original deal. We'll just have to see how this plays out.

This was the worst tacking performance I've ever seen. To me, this was the defense pleading with the owners to kick Rex out and bring in a professional DC. Lynn can be the HC, and some up and coming talent can take over the defense. Unless Jim Schwartz is available, in which case the Pegulas should bring him back as HC and let him hire a new staff. Or an old staff, the one Schwartz had here when the defense was great, not a liability like Rex's mess.

One solution would be to bring in Schwartz to be the HC but keep Lynn. Let Lynn be the Assistant Head Coach title like he has. Insist that Schwartz, for the most part, let's Lynn run the offense. The only reason for that is guys like Schwartz are very good at their specialty. When they become HCs they spend far less time on their specialty and their specialty in turn suffers from it. Lynn is HC material. If we can get Schwartz to coach the defense and not spend as much time running the entire team it could work.

If that happens 10 times in a season? Yup.

This happened maybe three times. I would bet most NFL teams have three 10 or 12 men on the field problems a season. The Dolphins, who won, had an egregious 12 men on the field penalty at a crucial point of the game. Gase is an offensive coach. Is that his fault?

When a tie disqualifies in OT and you have rolled up 600 yards of offense to that point and are on the 42 and need 3 yards for a first down and you punt with 4 minutes left in the game it's inexcusable...

I'm glad somebody else feels this way. I'm a STH, had to leave the game after the first OT possession for church at 5 (I live in OP), and caught that part on the radio. I couldn't believe we punted. Our defense was getting steamrolled (again) and had to be exhausted by then. I was stunned.

And to top it off, I had no idea about the 10 men on the field routine on what effectively was the game-clinching run until a minute ago. Before I found out my wife asked me about the game, and I explained that it was the game that will get our "defensive genius" head coach fired. We had a 300-yard passer, a 100-yard receiver, a 100-yard back, and another back who was over 90 yards when I left. We also scored 31 points in spite of our "bad weather kicker" missing basically the same kick twice. And we still found a way to lose.

I'm genuinely torn whether to keep Tyrod - it would be easier to do worse than than him than it would be to do better than him next year. Before today I could have been talked into year three of Rex given some changes to the defensive staff and side of the ball. But not after today. We missed the playoffs because of our defense, it's time to find a new head coach, and to let him participate in the decision whether to keep Tyrod.

So Bill Bellichick is responsible when the Patriots have a back up player on offense who runs the wrong pattern and causes an interception?

You might want to compare the two, but they are totally different scenarios. At least that player you reference is out there to make a play, good or bad. Plus 10 on d is a lot worse than 10 on the o. Two years with this d with players still running in late and lining up only 10 players. How dare you even put ass clown Rex and bill in the same sentence?

Edited by Dopey

I'm glad somebody else feels this way. I'm a STH, had to leave the game after the first OT possession for church at 5 (I live in OP), and caught that part on the radio. I couldn't believe we punted. Our defense was getting steamrolled (again) and had to be exhausted by then. I was stunned.

And to top it off, I had no idea about the 10 men on the field routine on what effectively was the game-clinching run until a minute ago. Before I found out my wife asked me about the game, and I explained that it was the game that will get our "defensive genius" head coach fired. We had a 300-yard passer, a 100-yard receiver, a 100-yard back, and another back who was over 90 yards when I left. We also scored 31 points in spite of our "bad weather kicker" missing basically the same kick twice. And we still found a way to lose.

I'm genuinely torn whether to keep Tyrod - it would be easier to do worse than than him than it would be to do better than him next year. Before today I could have been talked into year three of Rex given some changes to the defensive staff and side of the ball. But not after today. We missed the playoffs because of our defense, it's time to find a new head coach, and to let him participate in the decision whether to keep Tyrod.

I blame you for the loss. If you would have left the game sooner and got to the church earlier and then prayed harder the outcome could have been much different. You are simply not devout enough to get this team over the hump. Next time try lighting some candles to help the coach act with more wisdom and intelligence. :D

Edited by JohnC

I dont want to hear any excuses for the coaches

Their job is to coach......period. no excuse

funny. When all of us were saying this 13 weeks ago you were telling us he needed time, etc...

Rob Ryan will be Rex's Waterloo. Rob should've been relieved of his duties months ago!!

I blame you for the loss. If you would have left the game sooner and got to the church earlier and then prayed harder the outcome could have been much different. You are simply not devout enough to get this team over the hump. Next time try lighting some candles to help the coach act with more wisdom and intelligence. :D

Still made it to nativity 15 minutes early for the 5p Mass!

And if I am Terry Pegula that is the final nail in the coffin.

I am sorry Rex your team has not been well enough prepared or well enough coached.

+1

at this point, that should cost Rex his job.

Rex will not be fired on Christmas. I was to get that for Christmas. But, maybe on Boxing Day?