Trump foreign policy

Interesting timing.

1) Kenya:

It's my understanding that Al-Shabab is aligned with al-Qaeda, but there is a history of both working with Iran.

According to this site they have received funding from Iran.

And: Iran is new transit point for Somali charcoal in illicit trade taxed by militants: U.N. report

Criminal networks are using Iran as a transit point for illicit Somali charcoal exports that earn Islamist militants al Shabaab millions of dollars annually in tax, U.N. sanctions monitors said in a report seen by Reuters.

And a history of Iran's relationship with al-Qaeda: Marriage of Convenience: The Evolution of Iran and al-Qa`ida’s Tactical Cooperation

--------------------------------------------------------------

2) Somalia:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I did find that the US hit this group a few days ago, so it may be a response to that.

US Airstrikes Kill 4 Terrorists in Somalia

01/02/20: Four members of the al-Shabab terror group were killed in three airstrikes in Somalia on Dec. 29, 2019, according to US Africa Command.

The US military conducted a total of five strikes against al-Shabab in Somalia in December, killing six militants.

Further update:

Edited by Hedge
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I've been slow to form an opinion on this Iran situation because I don't have enough information to make an objective assessment, but seeing that every brain dead shitstain who's been consistently wrong about damn near everything for years is up in arms over it makes me think it might not be so bad.

• Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, Rob's House said:

I've been slow to form an opinion on this Iran situation because I don't have enough information to make an objective assessment, but seeing that every brain dead shitstain who's been consistently wrong about damn near everything for years is up in arms over it makes me think it might not be so bad.

Yes, but when it comes right down to it, it's about the Iranian chicks. right? 

See the source image

the Shiite Crescent

330px-Schiitischer_Halbmond.jpg

not that i am any great historical buff or anything but i do remember being taught that the balance of Sunni and Shiites helped to keep the ME from going over the proverbial cliff in any one direction. Iran taking over Iraq via their PM stooge is probably not a very good thing. many things could change before the time to actually leave comes though.

Edited by Foxx