Wear it as a badge of honor Buffalo!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not the point.. again.. its about showing up.. exposing a hypocrite.. nothing to do with the obvious deflection you posted..

I haven't followed much of this story at all, so don't really know a lot of the details. That said, what makes him a hypocrite?

Economically depressed, no real industry left, western Buffalo is a slum/ghetto. . .years of governmental neglect and misuse by those that run the city and Erie County. . .most of upstate NY is not anything like it used to be in its heyday.

Which is explains why NY has gone from 33 EVs in 1990 to 29 in 2010 and will probably go down again in 2020.

Disagree or not, but until the industry is revitalized, Buffalo is pretty much like most non-major NE and Rust Belt cities. . .a dinosaur to an age long over.

Utica fell that way when the GE plant closed on Broad Street and the Mills left for North Carolina.

Rochester has been this way since the 1970s.

Binghampton is one IBM plant move away from being a ghost town.

Niagara Falls hasn't been the same since the Canadian side was developed.

Syracuse is about the only Upstate city with any life to it, mainly because of a prestigious private university that is the life blood of the city.

Face it. . .if it isn't the Hudson Valley, the City or The Island, most of NY is pretty dead and, if not dead, dying quickly.

This isn't politics. This is reality. Upstate New York needs to adjust to life in 2017. It is no longer the manufacturing are industrial base of the country, since heavy industry is all but dead here.

Economically depressed, no real industry left, western Buffalo is a slum/ghetto. . .years of governmental neglect and misuse by those that run the city and Erie County. . .most of upstate NY is not anything like it used to be in its heyday.

Which is explains why NY has gone from 33 EVs in 1990 to 29 in 2010 and will probably go down again in 2020.

Disagree or not, but until the industry is revitalized, Buffalo is pretty much like most non-major NE and Rust Belt cities. . .a dinosaur to an age long over.

Utica fell that way when the GE plant closed on Broad Street and the Mills left for North Carolina.

Syracuse is about the only Upstate city with any life to it, mainly because of a prestigious private university that is the life blood of the city.

Face it. . .if it isn't the Hudson Valley, the City or The Island, most of NY is pretty dead and, if not dead, dying quickly.

This isn't politics. This is reality. Upstate New York needs to adjust to life in 2017. It is no longer the manufacturing are industrial base of the country, since heavy industry is all but dead here.

This guy isn't proud of Buffalo.

did you mean to post this on another thread? seriously.. this is not pertinent in the least.. unless you are an elitist who is obviously putting the region and its populace down..

Edited by dwight in philly

Jeezus,dude. Give it a rest or take it to the politics board. Shall I start a rant about how the two most hated sports figures in Buffalo are fans of that no-nothing,200 word vocabulary spouting, misogynistic alt-right whack job about to lead the free world? No. No I won't. (See what I did there?)

You mean the same wackjob that wanted to buy the Bills and took the "credit" for forcing the sale price to go higher? That wackjob?

If that skeezix bought that team, I would have instantly switched my NFL colors. Thankfully, that troglodyte didn't run the team into the ground. He'll just do it to the country. And when it happens, I will sit back from my home in Asia and laugh my head off.

This guy isn't proud of Buffalo.

This guy is from Niagara Falls. Sorry, I'm more concerned with there before I moved overseas.

I know...if you're going to disagree at least stay on topic

We're talking about at Kaep saying Buffalo is a bad city from the OP. I gave reasons why.

Don't like it, prove me wrong. I just gave you the economic history of Western and Upstate NY since the 1950s.

It's called an education. Try investing in one.

This guy is from Niagara Falls. Sorry, I'm more concerned with there before I moved overseas.

We're talking about at Kaep saying Buffalo is a bad city from the OP. I gave reasons why.

Don't like it, prove me wrong. I just gave you the economic history of Western and Upstate NY since the 1950s.

It's called an education. Try investing in one.

you gave reasons WHY the area is economically depressed,.. WTF does that have to do with the topic? what is the inference , if there is one..

Edited by dwight in philly

Erie county voted 55% to 45% for Hillary. Buffalo is hardly the Trump utopia many of you wish it was.

If we're supposed to keep politics at the door, why do you refer to him as a "lib"? Isn't that a political description?

Careful the cons run this board and they get to decide. It's what Chomsky meant when he argued "The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum...."

It's why even Trump's own handlers won't let him use the phrase "drain the swamp" anymore.

Edited by Dr.Sack

I can see why Atlanta supported him and Buffalo hated him (in generalities of course).

Atlanta is a racially diverse city. Lots of very successful African American people make it their home. Buffalo is still pretty hardcore meat and potatoes town and still kind of segregated.

I can see why Atlanta supported him and Buffalo hated him (in generalities of course).

Atlanta is a racially diverse city. Lots of very successful African American people make it their home. Buffalo is still pretty hardcore meat and potatoes town and still kind of segregated.

And now the discussion moves from politics to race. Nice job.

Syracuse the only city with life in it?

When are people going to stop fighting over race and politics?

Both sides (Repubs and Dems) are corrupt and full of criminals. And if you look at their actions as opposed to their rhetoric, you would see that

nothing much changes no matter which group is in office. And all of this (social issues, race issues, etc.) is just the age-old tactic of divide and conquer.

Those who have real power continually pit us against each other and keep us fighting, so we don't see what is really going on in this world.

Don't be so sure that you are right about everything. Question everything, including your own beliefs.