Taylor 12th in Total QBR through week 14...

Big Turk

You're right, my bad not last but damn near in

Comp - 31st

Att - 32

Comp% - 24

Yards - 31

TDs - 29

TD% - 22

Int - 5

Int% - 7

Y/A - 23

AY/A - 21

Y/C - 18

Y/G - 31

Rating - 21

Sacked - 31

NY/A - 26

ANY/A - 23

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/#all_passing

While not last awful damn poor and not nearly good enough. Where would this team be if the rush offense wasn't #1 by far.

And you are blaming Tyrod for ranking 32 in pass attempts? And those really low stats (the ones near the bottom of the league) except for sacks are directly attributable to that 32 ranked pass attempts.

Dude. Get real. Who is calling the plays the offense is supposed to run?

You can blame Tyrod for most of the Comp% and Yards per attempt ranking in the mid and low 20's but the worst stats on that chart are directly caused by the league low number of pass plays called.

How can you guys not understand that?

Forget about the quarterbacks name for a minute. How can you not see (it is ridiculously obvious) that those low total passing yards, passing yards per game, passing touchdowns and other bottom of the league stats are a direct result of running fewer pass plays than any other team in the league?

Do you understand what those stats mean? You are just making yourself look unreasonable.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap...it's a who's who of average or overrated QB's. With the exception of Russell, and maybe Wentz there's hardly a QB on that list any team would pine over.

You know, I Get It that there's general feeling Tyrod Taylor isn't gonna be The Man for the Bills. He hasn't taken that step as a passer that we wanted to see this season.

On the other hand, when you take a list "Tannehill Dalton Wilson Siemian Bradford Osweiler Kaep Wentz Alex Smith Fitzpatrick" and respond that with the exception of Russ Wilson and maybe Carson Wentz there aren't any "QB that any team would pine over" on the list, you aren't exactly painting yourself as a credible judge. The Bengals have been to the playoffs 5 straight years (before this year) with Dalton under center. We only wish that were us- damn sour dem grapes. Alex Smith, Chiefs have been to the playoffs 2 of 3 years Smith has been QB for them and look likely to go as a WC this year. Wish you were here. Dolphins 2 games ahead of us in the standings, and yes, Tannehill has a part of that. Siemian, too soon to say. He's shown flashes. Clearly Denver isn't doing as well, the big drop-off seems to be in their rushing game, always a QB best friend. Bradford is arguably a bust and yet...when you look at what teams give up to acquire and sign him, it's pretty tough to make the case that he's not a "QB any team would pine over"

The only QB that can clearly fit your description would probably be Osweiler (I'm sure Houston regrets him) Kaepernick and Fitzpatrick.

Tyrod has plenty of flaws, just like the large majority of QB's in this league. People love to build straw man arguments that if you favor TT it's b/c you think he's the "savior" or that TT is the best QB in the NFL. No, he's not. Neither is Alex Smith and they're going to the playoffs, again.

You're right on both counts and it kind of makes me throw up in my mouth every time I read "playoffs" and "Alex Smith".

Arguably for the last 4 years Smith has been a better QB than Taylor has shown so far, and arguably it took him 6 years to become that.

You know, I Get It that there's general feeling Tyrod Taylor isn't gonna be The Man for the Bills. He hasn't taken that step as a passer that we wanted to see this season.

On the other hand, when you take a list "Tannehill Dalton Wilson Siemian Bradford Osweiler Kaep Wentz Alex Smith Fitzpatrick" and respond that with the exception of Russ Wilson and maybe Carson Wentz there aren't any "QB that any team would pine over" on the list, you aren't exactly painting yourself as a credible judge. The Bengals have been to the playoffs 5 straight years (before this year) with Dalton under center. We only wish that were us- damn sour dem grapes. Alex Smith, Chiefs have been to the playoffs 2 of 3 years Smith has been QB for them and look likely to go as a WC this year. Wish you were here. Dolphins 2 games ahead of us in the standings, and yes, Tannehill has a part of that. Siemian, too soon to say. He's shown flashes. Clearly Denver isn't doing as well, the big drop-off seems to be in their rushing game, always a QB best friend. Bradford is arguably a bust and yet...when you look at what teams give up to acquire and sign him, it's pretty tough to make the case that he's not a "QB any team would pine over"

The only QB that can clearly fit your description would probably be Osweiler (I'm sure Houston regrets him) Kaepernick and Fitzpatrick.

You're right on both counts and it kind of makes me throw up in my mouth every time I read "playoffs" and "Alex Smith".

Arguably for the last 4 years Smith has been a better QB than Taylor has shown so far, and arguably it took him 6 years to become that.

That's a lot of words to say we have different opinions of Alex Smith and Andy Dalton. In the realm of hypotheticals, I'd be willing to wager neither would have led any recent Bills teams to the playoffs.

That's a lot of words to say we have different opinions of Alex Smith and Andy Dalton. In the realm of hypotheticals, I'd be willing to wager neither would have led any recent Bills teams to the playoffs.

What about the 2016 Bills ? Dalton and Smith could've beaten the Ravens/Fins/Raiders and we would be in the playoff picture.

What about the 2016 Bills ? Dalton and Smith could've beaten the Ravens/Fins/Raiders and we would be in the playoff picture.

I disagree Dalton and Smith been killed by Oaklands pass rush. They also would have cost you games where TT Ability move in the pocket and or scrambled won the game. Why do Bills fans forget that you had for a very long time PS WR?

I disagree Dalton and Smith been killed by Oaklands pass rush. They also would have cost you games where TT Ability move in the pocket and or scrambled won the game. Why do Bills fans forget that you had for a very long time PS WR?

The mythical scrambler theory again ? Nope

Alex Smith beat the raiders twice. I don't think their pass rush bothers him.

Dalton and Smith can find open wr's unlike Taylor. That would pay uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge dividends.

With the threat of Shady and Gilleslie I gotta quote Clay Davis here. Shhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I know as a pats fan you want to laugh at Taylor for another 5 years. No sir.

post-15917-0-37808900-1482501432_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Dalton and Smith can find open wr's unlike Taylor. That would pay uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge dividends.

With the threat of Shady and Gilleslie I gotta quote Clay Davis here. Shhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Lol KC DEFENSE defeated the Raiders twice. The offense scored 14 points in December and 26 points in October (at home). So the Bills scored 24 Offensive points in Oakland. So the difference is KC D held Oak to 16 and 10 points while the Bills D gave up 38! NO QB is going win when your D sucked that bad in a game!

Lol KC DEFENSE defeated the Raiders twice. The offense scored 14 points in December and 26 points in October (at home). So the Bills scored 24 Offensive points in Oakland. So the difference is KC D held Oak to 16 and 10 points while the Bills D gave up 38! NO QB is going win when your D sucked that bad in a game!

Ryans mythical QB can do it.. With his legs if necessary or with his arm. He knows QB talent as his beating the drum for Tajh Boyd showed us. Do yourself a favor and don't feed the trolls. The guy would rather his team lose than for Tyrod to have a huge game..

Ryans mythical QB can do it.. With his legs if necessary or with his arm. He knows QB talent as his beating the drum for Tajh Boyd showed us. Do yourself a favor and don't feed the trolls. The guy would rather his team lose than for Tyrod to have a huge game..

That's kinda BS. I really think few people hate Tyrod and most wanted to be wrong about him. We all wanted more Seattle types of games (which good qbs have all the time). Dude struggles to get 200 yards passing.

People who watch the games know Tyrod is a bottom tier starting qb. He does better on qb ratings because he is careful with the ball. But these rating don't reflect missed open receivers that aren't thrown to or times he bailed out of the pocket to make a read. Big Ben looks worse in qb rating because he will stand in the pocket, get blasted, and throw INTs at times.

Everyone wants Tyrod to be better than he is. But we have a mobile Trent Dlifer right now. I watch other teams in the NFL and I know it can be much better than what we have.

I watch other teams in the NFL and I know it can be much better than what we have.

I'm just following you around agreeing with you everywhere this morning I guess lol.

I just want to add that watching other teams in the NFL it can also be MUCH worse than what we have now.

I'm just following you around agreeing with you everywhere this morning I guess lol.

I just want to add that watching other teams in the NFL it can also be MUCH worse than what we have now.

Haha, no worries and I always respect your point of view.

I definitely know it can be much worse. I do feel like our offense as it currently is makes it a pretty safe offense for most qbs. Like Prescott isn't the same guy on some teams as he is on Dallas. But I feel like we have a similar setup as Dallas and Dak would be very good here.

I just don't see Tyrod as a difference maker either way. And for him to be the highest paid player on the team seems insane. I know it's the position but I think we are in a tough spot. It's like we are in purgatory haha.

Haha, no worries and I always respect your point of view.

I definitely know it can be much worse. I do feel like our offense as it currently is makes it a pretty safe offense for most qbs. Like Prescott isn't the same guy on some teams as he is on Dallas. But I feel like we have a similar setup as Dallas and Dak would be very good here.

I just don't see Tyrod as a difference maker either way. And for him to be the highest paid player on the team seems insane. I know it's the position but I think we are in a tough spot. It's like we are in purgatory haha.

Is that you Doug? :nana:

I agree about our offense but I do think that a mobile QB fits this system better than a traditional pocket passer. I like Tyrod for his contract this year but get the trepidation over the next 2 years. QB contracts are out of control though so I also get that the market bears his contract being what it is. I don't think the Bills NEED a difference maker at QB but it would be nice to have one. I was extremely happy with the Cardale pick as I see him with an incredible ceiling however his floor is out of the league after his rookie contract imo.

I just really hate the idea of blowing up a .500 team. Moving on from Tyrod without a plan in place would be a huge mistake imo. If they have the roster flexibility to keep him I won't be upset. Building and improving seems like a better track to success than starting over (again) for me.

Carry on with your meltdown.

I'm a bills fan. You're a Tyrod fan. Any jag can hand the ball off and freeze like the coach from the waterboy when the team we are playing is over .500.

Carry on with false narratives fueled by fanboy emotions, you're making the CoT proud!

No need to engage me any further. I've watched Tyrod since his college days and was excited to have him play for us. He can't pass and he can't see the field and is a huge problem.

You know this too, but forgot because we beat the browns and 49ers up.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Carry on with your meltdown.

I'm a bills fan. You're a Tyrod fan. Any jag can hand the ball off and freeze like the coach from the waterboy when the team we are playing is over .500.

Carry on with false narratives fueled by fanboy emotions, you're making the CoT proud!

No need to engage me any further. I've watched Tyrod since his college days and was excited to have him play for us. He can't pass and he can't see the field and is a huge problem.

You know this too, but forgot because we beat the browns and 49ers up.

Unlike you troll I support my team and don't root for anyone to fail like you do with TT every Sunday. Pathetic

The pats laugh at EVERYBODY Ryan....regardless of who is at QB

If we want to hang with the pats our D needs to not get destroyed every game

Unlike you troll I support my team and don't root for anyone to fail like you do with TT every Sunday. Pathetic

Time to have a sitdown and deal with reality. I don't root for TT to fail. TT fails all by himself.

-he is scared to pass

-he can't throw any timing routes

-what's yac?

-he holds the ball longer than all other qb's

-he is 1-7 vs teams over .500

-he can't run a 2 min drill

-game winning 4th qtr drive ----- what's that ?

-can't even make the playoffs with top rushing offense

Cool excuses though, you sound like a beaten spouse, good luck with the emotions and name calling

You can root for him as the browns backup soon.

Time to have a sitdown and deal with reality. I don't root for TT to fail. TT fails all by himself.

-he is scared to pass

-he can't throw any timing routes

-what's yac?

-he holds the ball longer than all other qb's

-he is 1-7 vs teams over .500

-he can't run a 2 min drill

-game winning 4th qtr drive ----- what's that ?

-can't even make the playoffs with top rushing offense

Cool excuses though, you sound like a beaten spouse, good luck with the emotions and name calling

You can root for him as the browns backup soon.

I laugh at the guy who has been personally attacking me on this site for years who is coming of a suspension.

I laugh at the guy who has been personally attacking me on this site for years who is coming of a suspension.

Look up 4 posts. Post 135. So sad.

Years ? Just learned who you are week or two ago. "TT fanboy #4"

Enjoy watching the real qb's in the playoffs. Let me know how much fun you have at the pro bowl if you're off the rag by then. Geeeez.

The pats laugh at EVERYBODY Ryan....regardless of who is at QB

If we want to hang with the pats our D needs to not get destroyed every game

I want the John from Excuse back that wanted to trade Marcel D for a qb after halfrod's no shows vs Raiders and Steelers. I don't like the new John from Excuse whose back in love after a nice Browns thrashing leaving the Bills at 1% playoff chances.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

And you are blaming Tyrod for ranking 32 in pass attempts? And those really low stats (the ones near the bottom of the league) except for sacks are directly attributable to that 32 ranked pass attempts.

Dude. Get real. Who is calling the plays the offense is supposed to run?

You can blame Tyrod for most of the Comp% and Yards per attempt ranking in the mid and low 20's but the worst stats on that chart are directly caused by the league low number of pass plays called.

How can you guys not understand that?

Forget about the quarterbacks name for a minute. How can you not see (it is ridiculously obvious) that those low total passing yards, passing yards per game, passing touchdowns and other bottom of the league stats are a direct result of running fewer pass plays than any other team in the league?

Do you understand what those stats mean? You are just making yourself look unreasonable.

31st sacked???? :doh:

KC has had the 22nd, 30th and 28th ranked passing offense the last 3 years.

Can we please get over the idea that passing yards are the be-all and end-all of evaluating a QB and his passing game?

Let's go look at the top yardage teams from last year, OK? #3 Stillers. Big Ben tossed 4600 yds, 26 TD and 21 INTs. Sound like a great passing game to you? How about the Falcons? Or the Ravens?

The Chiefs have a run-heavy offense - almost equal # of rush and pass attempts. Within that framework, Smith has done very well.

PS wanna guess the strength of correlation between # of passing yards and winning?

Can we please get over the idea that passing yards are the be-all and end-all of evaluating a QB and his passing game?

Let's go look at the top yardage teams from last year, OK? #3 Stillers. Big Ben tossed 4600 yds, 26 TD and 21 INTs. Sound like a great passing game to you? How about the Falcons? Or the Ravens?

The Chiefs have a run-heavy offense - almost equal # of rush and pass attempts. Within that framework, Smith has done very well.

PS wanna guess the strength of correlation between # of passing yards and winning?

I wasn't trying to use it in that sense.

QBR..how adorable.

'...further controversy erupted when the Total QBR system gave the Denver Broncos' Tim Tebow a higher rating than the Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers in their respective Week 5 contests in 2011. Noting that Rodgers completed 26 of 39 passes for 396 yards and two touchdowns in a win over the Atlanta Falcons, while Tebow completed four of 10 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown, and six rushes for 38 yards and a touchdown, in a loss to the San Diego Chargers, Mike Florio of Profootballtalk.com wrote that he'll "continue to ignore ESPNs Total QBR stat."...'

Yeah, I had know idea either it was that screwed up.

Something that screwed up can't be taken seriously. Looses all credibility what so ever. Bad criteria to use for and argument.

None of that matters when you see the Tebow/Rodgers comparison. It's a joke of a system.

It was a system designed so they can take flawed passers like teblow taylor etc and try to say they are avg qbs because they can run.