If Rex is fired, does a team hire him as DC?

YoloinOhio

He was a successful DC before becoming a HC and a pretty common pattern with HCs being fired is they go back into a coordinator role. I know he previously said this was his last stop. But he says a lot of things. I wonder if he would still want to coach to try to prove the "family name" and that the scheme works because he's so stubborn with it. And if he does, would another team want him?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an excellent coach. He has done nothing the last two years to help his rep as a defensive coach. But perhaps a team will say that if he just was to focus on defense he would be a good DC.

But he would be awesome on TV. I see him like Billick where he may be mentioned as head coaching candidate who never will get another serious look.

This two year tenure has shown me that the guy lacks any accountability...

1) not calling Seantrel Henderson-but saying he cares about players

2) not telling management about Clay

3) Side trips to Clemson and the world series

4) Hiring your brother

Individually no big deal but looking at the total package -- its a pattern too big to ignore -- there's always an excuse to take the path that takes away from the job. Once in a while I am fine -- but he's like a kid trying to push the Pegulas to fire him...

DC --not really...I think he might be a good T-ball coach if he has an assistant who can run 3/4 of the practices and coach 1/2 the games. Rex will handle all the press conferences.

Edited by JoeF

He was a successful DC before becoming a HC and a pretty common pattern with HCs being fired is they go back into a coordinator role. I know he previously said this was his last stop. But he says a lot of things. I wonder if he would still want to coach to try to prove the "family name" and that the scheme works because he's so stubborn with it. And if he does, would another team want him?

Dude are you shitting us here? The reason this is not a playoff team is because the DEFENSE SUCKS and he is responsible for breaking it. NIce troll job though.

Dude are you shitting us here? The reason this is not a playoff team is because the DEFENSE SUCKS and he is responsible for breaking it. NIce troll job though.

um I'm not talking about the Bills hiring him... why would you even think that? It says "another team". I gotta admit it's the second time ever I've been called a troll. The first time was when I said I thought Rex was a clown, when he was still with the Jets :lol:

Might want to actually read the post before attacking the poster.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If he is gone, I'd put the odds at: 5% another head coaching job this year. 10% he takes an assistant coach job of some kind. 25% he takes a year off. 60% he ends up broadcasting.

That's about right - it would be pretty surprising if he coached again in the next year or two.

Simply because his defenses have not been good in 4 years, and especially damning that the Bills D regressed badly since he took over, I suspect the league consensus is that the game has passed him by/his scheme doesn't work anymore.

Rob's going to have to find a college d/c job or maybe work as a position coach - his track record being even worse.

It's sad really - and especially believing that they were really determined this year to honor their father with a good performance. I certainly wanted it to work, but from the way I've seen the team NOT respond to his coaching and the overall lack of attention to detail that seems to be everywhere in his style, I agree with those who say he's just not a good enough coach/schemer anymore.