MMQB: Bills planning to be Browns 2.0?

YoloinOhio

How deep do you want them to be? They are down to like their 6th S. Bryant was a fine backup but how many teams have good 4 & 5 DTs. You can't stack your rosters in today's NFL. IMO, the Bills have just as much talent as the Pats, just not in the right places.

They are a team with very good talent but it become very average when you have a below average qb and coach.

I touched on this in the other thread. I do realize that depth is a problem for everyone, but the Bills strike me as worse than other teams. As for the backup safeties, as soon as williams went down the next guy sucked (and the next guy and the next guy). Just look at the past three drafts. Where are the difference makers? There are none this season, although when healthy Sammy obviously is one. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/draft.htm

The best this season is Washington, who is a flat out horrible run defender.

Glenn, RI,Wood, Woods,clay, Watkins, Hughes, Dareus, Gilmore, Aaron Williams, Peter Griffin, Lawson, etc.

They have plenty of talent. To act like they are some awful team in terms of talent is completely foolish. They are on par with any team in the NFL, minus their qb and coach, which trumps everything.

The bills front-line talent is decent, not great, overall (qb being the obvious major issue). The rest of the roster is pretty much trash compared to the well-run teams' depth charts. And that's who we should be comparing them too, not, say, the Jags.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what he's saying is... with the offseason we had, a lot of people expected us to be bad.

Watkins isn't hurt, til he's hurt.

Shaq isn't hurt, until he's hurt

Ik tears his acl

Ragland is hurt

Marcel to rehab

Gilmore contract distraction

Tyrod contract

Cut manny Lawson

So terrified of injuries we barely play in the preseason

I touched on this in the other thread. I do realize that depth is a problem for everyone, but the Bills strike me as worse than other teams. As for the backup safeties, as soon as williams went down the next guy sucked (and the next guy and the next guy). Just look at the past three drafts. Where are the difference makers? There are none this season, although when healthy Sammy obviously is one. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/draft.htm

The bills front-line talent is decent, not great, overall (qb being the obvious major issue). The rest of the roster is pretty much trash compared to the well-run teams' depth charts. And that's who we should be comparing them too, not, say, the Jags.

I think if you compared the Bills roster to the Pats roster, you'd be surprised how close they are. But qb and coach truimphs all.

This is the BEST assessment so far! Actually, Rex is a saint not to complain about the b.s. roster he's been given. Whatever you think of Tyrod,he's the best QB we've had in years, and REX found him, not Whaley!

So Rex should be a coach of the year candidate if the Bills get 8 wins with this crap talent. :blink:

I think it makes some good points. I see both sides. My fear if they stuck with him is a situation like the Jets had. He went 8-8 with Geno and little talent in 2013, and gave him the benefit of the doubt because he had nothing to work with, then 4-12 2014 and pulled the plug.They waited a year too long. Of course now they are right back where they were after tearing it down.

I think this team does have talent, but that he's had some very unfortunate and impactful injuries that I do believe made a huge difference on the season. But I'm just very weary of his defensive scheme and stubbornness around it.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yep. No impact players, very poor depth, and a mess at QB are a direct reflection on Doug Whaley's performance. No excuses after 3 drafts and 4 years as GM. :thumbdown:

And Im sure Rex said in the interview youve got to give me at least five years to find a qb and completely overhaul the defense because there are really only one or two guys that fit my defensive scheme. If this article is accurate with respect to the talent level then Rex should have passed on the job. The fact that he didnt realize what he was getting himself into is even more reason to can his ass.

Glenn, RI,Wood, Woods,clay, Watkins, Hughes, Dareus, Gilmore, Aaron Williams, Peter Griffin, Lawson, etc.

They have plenty of talent. To act like they are some awful team in terms of talent is completely foolish. They are on par with any team in the NFL, minus their qb and coach, which trumps everything.

Peter Griffin has been amazing, I agree.

This is the BEST assessment so far! Actually, Rex is a saint not to complain about the b.s. roster he's been given. Whatever you think of Tyrod,he's the best QB we've had in years, and REX found him, not Whaley!

He inherited a top 4 defense and a 9-7 roster!!! With Orton and EJ!!! But there is obviously no talent!

Fun fact: Rex Ryan has a worse win % than Wayne Fontes. But Fontes was a great coach.

Peter Griffin has been amazing, I agree.

That's my nickname for Kyle Williams btw.

Their first-round picks over the last four years—EJ Manuel, Watkins, the pick they traded to get Watkins, and Lawson—have combined to start six games in 2016 is pretty damning.

What is not spoken

Lawson had an adequate replacement found till he got back. Had Lorax NOT stepped up there would be something there

THe Watkins injuries are what hurt......but should someone REALLY be blamed for them? Cant predict injuries.