Defense > TT

Last i checked sir - the scoreboard is the most important aspect. We're 10th in points scored per game(25.0 Points). 20th in yards per game. Our defense is 18th in yards allowed per game, and 17th in points allowed per game (23.2 points).

Still holding onto hope that he become a franchise QB, Eh? Edited by DirtDart

Last i checked sir - the scoreboard is the most important aspect. We're 10th in points scored per game(25.0 Points). 20th in yards per game. Our defense is 18th in yards allowed per game, and 17th in points allowed per game (23.2 points).

Record kind of matters to I believe

Take it up with NFL.com. They have bills ranked 20th

Still holding onto hope that he become a franchise QB, Eh?

No - simply stating that yards per game is a pretty stupid way to evaluate each side of the ball. Points per game isn't great either - but typically to win games you must score. You win games by scoring more than the opposition.

Record kind of matters to I believe

One would think yeah - its probably the most important stat.

Take it up with NFL.com. They have bills ranked 20th

Sounds good!

I'd argue that points per game is as ridiculous a way to measure a unit as total yards.

I'd argue that points per game is as ridiculous a way to measure a unit as total yards.

Depends on what agenda youre trying to push. But individual players aside, a unit that ranks top 10 in scoring for two years now is doing a hell of a lot more right than wrong.

Some People go out of their way to discredit the offense despite the obvious and the same people go out of their way to defend the defense despite the obvious.

But the majority of Bills fans jump through tables and break their legs, smash each other through tables, or set themselves on fire while other fans use beer to put out the fire. So the mental makeup of many here is already deranged as reflected by their actions and opinions.

Edited by bobobonators

Depends on what agenda youre trying to push. But individual players aside, a unit that ranks top 10 in scoring for two years now is doing a hell of a lot more right than wrong.

Some People go out of their way to discredit the offense despite the obvious and the same people go out of their way to defend the defense despite the obvious.

But the majority of Bills fans jump through tables and break their legs, smash each other through tables, or set themselves on fire while other fans use beer to put out the fire. So the mental makeup of many here is already deranged as reflected by their actions and opinions.

My problem with both yards and points (for both sides of the ball) is that either can be accumulated or given up in ways that do not materially effect the outcome of a given game in a positive way. Agendas aside, they're both equally poor indicators of success taken outside their proper context IMO.

Tyrod/Passing is 31st

Defense is 25th-31st

Sounds like both suck, and both need upgrading.

Yep exactly. People can argue all they want saying Tyrod is the only problem. He is not. Defence sucks. Offence sucks. Coaching sucks. Special teams suck. (lately) Besides that, what a great football team we got..

Yep exactly. People can argue all they want saying Tyrod is the only problem. He is not. Defence sucks. Offence sucks. Coaching sucks. Special teams suck. (lately) Besides that, what a great football team we got..

To be fair, the overall offense does not suck, just the passing part of it. The strong run game makes our offense relatively decent overall.

We've lost seven games this year. I can only think of two (NE2/PITT) in which the defense put the offense in a bad spot.

I can think of plenty of times when the inverse was true. So to put the rankings side by side without examining the effect of one on the other seems foolish.

Plus, even when defenses put offenses in bad spots, the offense generally produces better stats as a result (garbage time).

Noting these truths is very often misconstrued as a post which reads: the defense is good.

How many ers and longs has TT converted with his legs when most other league ANd would have been sacked or thrown it away?

I can think of dozens.

Those don't show up in passing stats.

Neither do the "blocks" TT has thrown with his legs to help our RBs get big gains (ie forcing defenders to comitte to him and no the RB)

We've lost seven games this year. I can only think of two (NE2/PITT) in which the defense put the offense in a bad spot.

I can think of plenty of times when the inverse was true. So to put the rankings side by side without examining the effect of one on the other seems foolish.

Plus, even when defenses put offenses in bad spots, the offense generally produces better stats as a result (garbage time).

Noting these truths is very often misconstrued as a post which reads: the defense is good.

Has anyone mentioned that your takes are quite thoroughly unsupported statistically?

BTW.......historically speaking......punting the ball has never really been considered "putting the defense in a bad spot".

That designation is typically reserved for turnovers.....a stat generally accepted as critical in the outcome of games.

Perhaps you've simply forgotten how impactful those are since the Bills O has rarely turned the ball over the past two seasons and the D can go weeks at a time without forcing one.

This defense doesn't have any excuse to stand on.......they are bad under all circumstances.........be it coming off of VERY LONG rests after very long drives in the first half against Seattle and getting blasted or be it after short drives that result in points, punts or turnovers.

Their brand of bad TRAVELS.