Rex's "This is Fine" press conference today - a doozy

YoloinOhio

Not a lot going on here.

A reporter whose voice I couldn't identify was trying to "catch" Rex in a "lie" because Rex insinuated that he heard about the rumor of his Monday firing some time prior to the post-game PC.

(Keeping in mind that at the post-game PC Rex said it was the first time he had heard of such news).

This reporter kept harping and harping trying to catch up Rex on what is a meaningless point and frankly, the whole thing was misguided and amateurish. (The voice sounded young but I have no idea who it was or if he was young).

At a certain point another voice from within the media shouted "What difference does it make!" addressing the first reporter.

Rex somewhat amazingly put on a good face and went around and around fairly pleasantly dealing with the entire situation, basically repeating that he promises everyone he did not know about this rumor.

I think the guy pestering Rex the most (with baseball cap in 2nd row), is Bucky Gleason. Sounds like him anyway.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched this thing again.

Rex showed a lot of class dealing with those jokers. I am amazed how he has been able to restrain himself (both today and since he got here) in dealing with these guys.

I would have lost my temper a long time ago.

Of course, it is obvious that is what some of these guys are trying to do.

it was bucky gleason and carucci.. and the whole deal was pointless IMHO.

Somebody needs to ask them about their jobs the way they are so dismissive of others.

I wonder what the trend is with TBN subscriptions. I presume down in general given the newspaper industry. Of course, given the way Bucky, Sully, Mike H., and Vic etc. judge others (without considering injuries, the QB, suspensions and their effect on the HC), I suppose I could blame them for the Buffalo News' downward trend. Why not? They never seem to distinguish between the forest and trees.

I just watched this thing again.

Rex showed a lot of class dealing with those jokers. I am amazed how he has been able to restrain himself (both today and since he got here) in dealing with these guys.

I would have lost my temper a long time ago.

Of course, it is obvious that is what some of these guys are trying to do.

can you imagine Marrone in this situation ...

It was idiotic, and as much as i want Rex fired, he handled it well. How stupid a question to follow up"do you think you should be fired"?

Was there really not one question about why Tyrod starting considering the injury guarantee?

Somebody needs to ask them about their jobs the way they are so dismissive of others.

I wonder what the trend is with TBN subscriptions. I presume down in general given the newspaper industry. Of course, given the way Bucky, Sully, Mike H., and Vic etc. judge others (without considering injuries, the QB, suspensions and their effect on the HC), I suppose I could blame them for the Buffalo News' downward trend. Why not? They never seem to distinguish between the forest and trees.

sure subsriptions are down...but a hugely profitable operation. Warren Buffett aint no dummy!

It was idiotic, and as much as i want Rex fired, he handled it well. How stupid a question to follow up"do you think you should be fired"?

Was there really not one question about why Tyrod starting considering the injury guarantee?

sure subsriptions are down...but a hugely profitable operation. Warren Buffett aint no dummy!

they are waiting to ask TT that directly after practice. It will go something like this:

"Tyrod, considering your contract guarantees 27.5 if you get hurt, do you plan to run right into defenders repeatedly? Like more than normal?"

I am amazed by some of the questions these guys ask. These guys are supposed to be sports "experts."

If I were in charge of these PCs, I would have at least two cameras. One on the coach or player as is normal. The other on the idiots in the Buffalo press corp so that people can see who is asking these questions and pushing these narratives.

As an aside, whenever I watch or listen to Sabres post game interviews, I always notice that most seem to try to ride Paul Hamilton's coat tails. Hamilton seems to be about the only guy in the Buffalo media (outside of the Sabres crew and Robie) that really knows anything about hockey.

Edited by Peter