Keep Russ Brandon away from the HC interviewing process

Jerry Jabber

Ryan asked for it and got it. That simple. Must have been one helluva bottle of red wine; probably an investment wine.

You know at the hiring process the very least Rusty could of done was open his mouth and said "You know Pegs, Mrs. Pegs, I know he wants a 5 year contract but maybe we should just give him the standard 3 year contract that most coaches with his abysmal record get so then after the second year when we have to inevitably fire this loud mouth buffoon, you will only have to eat $5 million instead of $15 million."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know at the hiring process the very least Rusty could of done was open his mouth and said "You know Pegs, Mrs. Pegs, I know he wants a 5 year contract but maybe we should just give him the standard 3 year contract that most coaches with his abysmal record get so then after the second year when we have to inevitably fire this loud mouth buffoon, you will only have to eat $5 million instead of $15 million."

I call bullschit. You would only be happy with a scenario that has Brandon standing up and proclaiming, "I am an idiot! I have NO football bona fides and I therefore recuse myself from this process. Enjoy the wine, I'm out. Oh, and nice touch on the open toed sandals, Kim."

Are you kidding? Who wouldn't want to sit in on this meeting?

Terry "Why wasn't the defense prepared to play again, at home no less?

Rex pick 1

1) they made great plays,

2) we adjusted at half time and stopped Bell on his last two runs

3) we will work on that and do a better job next week.

Terry "Why did we fire Roman and not your brother the last time we got run over by a bus?"

1) It's the NFL and it's hard to win when the other team is trying to win

2) He's my brother and he will do great next week.

3) Rob needs a bonus or he's leaving at the end of the season.

Edited by jumbalaya

I call bullschit. You would only be happy with a scenario that has Brandon standing up and proclaiming, "I am an idiot! I have NO football bona fides and I therefore recuse myself from this process. Enjoy the wine, I'm out. Oh, and nice touch on the open toed sandals, Kim."

What I want, is someone from outside the organization (the organization who has won 1 non-88-95-Kelly era playoff game in 51 seasons) to come in and start to guide the process. Brandon as president cant do it. Pegulas are inexperienced and have already made critical, unforced mistakes. Whaley is too indoctrinated in the way things run at OBD... Brandon leaving the room or being banned from the room still does not cause good decisions to start happening.

What I want, is someone from outside the organization (the organization who has won 1 non-88-95-Kelly era playoff game in 51 seasons) to come in and start to guide the process. Brandon as president cant do it. Pegulas are inexperienced and have already made critical, unforced mistakes. Whaley is too indoctrinated in the way things run at OBD... Brandon leaving the room or being banned from the room still does not cause good decisions to start happening.

I agree.

Can Brandon, in his role as president, assist the owners in finding that person if they want him to? He's got nearly 20 years of establishing relationships around the league, after all.

If the Bills want us to believe that Russ has no involvement on the football side, when there's plenty of evidence yo yhe contrary, I think its fair to expect him to have 0 input on any football hires. Unfortuantely for any of us that are not fooled by what the Bills say, we know that Russ will very much be involved, just as he was the last time.

I agree.

Can Brandon, in his role as president, assist the owners in finding that person if they want him to? He's got nearly 20 years of establishing relationships around the league, after all.

I would much prefer not.

I strongly suspect that Wilson, and by an extension, Brandon employed a practice of identifying familiar, weaker, and even 'desperate' executives and coaches. Having these people in place makes it possible for decisions to be made unchallenged from ownership and top execs (Wilson, Brandon, Littman, Overdorf). I want the kind of executive who would kindly tell Russ Brandon to get him coffee if he had a suggestion.

I would like it to be solely Pegulas, with the guidance perhaps of their own relationships/acquaintances. I want an unsullied person, truly from the outside, who will be given the keys to the car in its totality

Edited by May Day 10

If the Bills want us to believe that Russ has no involvement on the football side, when there's plenty of evidence yo yhe contrary, I think its fair to expect him to have 0 input on any football hires. Unfortuantely for any of us that are not fooled by what the Bills say, we know that Russ will very much be involved, just as he was the last time.

Where is it coming from that the Bills want us to believe Brandon has no involvement on the "football" side of things? His title of President is public knowledge. I'd like to know of a team president that doesn't have any involvement on the "football" side of things. The debate around here is to what level. If Brandon is involved at the X and O level, as some suspect, that would be a first to my knowledge. But in his role, he's gonna be asked to consult on GM, HC hires, etc. No matter how much people may not like that.

I would much prefer not.

I strongly suspect that Wilson, and by an extension, Brandon employed a practice of identifying familiar, weaker, and even 'desperate' executives and coaches. Having these people in place makes it possible for decisions to be made unchallenged from ownership and top execs (Wilson, Brandon, Littman, Overdorf). I want the kind of executive who would kindly tell Russ Brandon to get him coffee if he had a suggestion.

I would like it to be solely Pegulas, with the guidance perhaps of their own relationships/acquaintances. I want an unsullied person, truly from the outside, who will be given the keys to the car in its totality

OK, now this was funny. Maybe we can hire this guy"

1kf_vj9N_400x400.jpg

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I feel like Kim is more worried about the game day experience outside of the stadium than what is happening on the field.

I feel like Kim is more worried about the game day experience outside of the stadium than what is happening on the field.

That could be her focus as the owner. Terry could be the one more involved with the team. Unless you're in their circle you can't say she's worrying about one thing more than the other.

On the other foot we got a guy with a business background making decisions on player contracts/coaches, wormtailing his way to a new contract.

Edited by The Wiz

I don't want Russ Brandon or Kim Pegula involved at all in the coaching search. Russ heavily suggested Wrecks and even told Wrecks that Terry likes Red wine (to help schmooze Terry over). Russ was the one who proclaimed the Bills were not going to leave any stone unturned in his previous coaching search and stopped at the third guy he interviewed [Marrone]. Before Russ got infatuated with Marrone, he liked Whisenhunt a lot (another loser). Keep that guy away from the interviewing process altogether, otherwise the Bills will choose another terrible coach.

I'm guessing you're the guy who replies all in company wide emails. You're the guy who doesn't know how to mute his phone on a conference call. You're the guy filling everyone's inbox with chain letters and "viral" jokes from 1998 as if its new material.

Doubt he is employed based on previous posts unless he is just a troll who likes to throw mud and start a mud fight.

So answer me this, who should be involved? I guess you're OK with Terry and DW. Who else? While I'll agree that RB doesn't have anywhere near the football knowledge compared to Whaley, he still has more knowledge that Terry or Kim, or almost everyone on this board. Think you'd want more than two people talking to him, in fact if I were Terry, I'd tell DW, once you know who you want to hire, I want to talk with him , but it's 100% your choice on who to hire. So then who else should be involved? Overdolf?

This is absurd. RB has no qualifications as a "football guy" beyond marketing the team. Whaley interviews, Whaley hires and Whaley gets fired if it doesn't work out. That's the only way to have accountability.

I don't want Russ Brandon or Kim Pegula involved at all in the coaching search. Russ heavily suggested Wrecks and even told Wrecks that Terry likes Red wine (to help schmooze Terry over). Russ was the one who proclaimed the Bills were not going to leave any stone unturned in his previous coaching search and stopped at the third guy he interviewed [Marrone]. Before Russ got infatuated with Marrone, he liked Whisenhunt a lot (another loser). Keep that guy away from the interviewing process altogether, otherwise the Bills will choose another terrible coach.

So who gave Tim Murray of the Sabres the contract extension for losing and more losing, Russ Brandon? Kim Pegula? NOPE. Pegula himself is calling the shots and so far the results are POOR.

So who gave Tim Murray of the Sabres the contract extension for losing and more losing, Russ Brandon? Kim Pegula? NOPE. Pegula himself is calling the shots and so far the results are POOR.

The Sabres purposely tanked for a few years in order to get better draft picks, which is something the Bills should have done during this 17 year playoff drought.