Russ Brandon Attends Monday Morning Football Meetings

Fadingpain

During Rex Ryan's weekly 5pm segment with Schopp and Bulldog, he mentioned that he always talks to Terry Pegula on Sundays after the game.

He then mentioned that he also has a Monday morning meeting with Doug, Terry, often Kim (in person or via phone) AND RUSS BRANDON.

The purpose of the meetings is to discuss the game in detail.

Fast forward to 5:50pm or so Buffalo time. Bulldog mentioned that in his opinion, Rex may well have mentioned Russ by name in reference to the meetings as a way of deflecting blame or letting the public know what he is up against on the inside.

Not sure this is correct, but it was one of the more interesting moments today.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JEEEEEEEEZUS CHRIST!!! Russ Brandon attends meetings?!?!?!?!!? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football meetings discussing the ins and outs of the week's GAME.

Why in the hell is he in there?

Bulldog went on to mention he has known Russ a long time and Russ has told him a lot of things in confidence and he appreciates that.

He stressed that Russ has said many times in private and publicly that he is not involved in football matters.

Bulldog's point was that he is, in fact, involved in football matters.

The significance of this is that this organization has a marketing wonk being involved in the inner football hierarchy.

That's F-ed up.

During Rex Ryan's weekly 5pm segment with Schopp and Bulldog, he mentioned that he always talks to Terry Pegula on Sundays after the game.

He then mentioned that he also has a Monday morning meeting with Doug, Terry, often Kim (in person or via phone) AND RUSS BRANDON.

The purpose of the meetings is to discuss the game in detail.

Fast forward to 5:50pm or so Buffalo time. Bulldog mentioned that in his opinion, Rex may well have mentioned Russ by name in reference to the meetings as a way of deflecting blame or letting the public know what he is up against on the inside.

Not sure this is correct, but it was one of the more interesting moments today.

Rex is an idiot if he's attempting to deflect things as it is SOP for the entire league. But let's make it sound like it's only the Bills that routinely have owners, team presidents, and other front office personnel attend the weekly review meetings.

He is the team president. Why is it interesting that he's in the meetings ?

Football meetings discussing the ins and outs of a weekly football game?

He has no business being in the room. He's a marketer.

He is the team president. Why is it interesting that he's in those meetings? Seems like SOP.

See post #6 for the answer.

Football meetings discussing the ins and outs of a weekly football game?

He has no business being in the room. He's a marketer.

one could argue he *should* just be a marketer but the reality is he has a huge job with the Bills whether he deserves it or not. I would expect him with the title he has to be in that meeting learning what happened in the game. Otherwise he's guessing and watching film by himself. It just makes sense he is there with the owners. Edited by YoloinOhio

In every company, there are !@#$ marketing guys who needlessly attend meetings. No big deal.

No, you're missing the significance of this and it's part of a larger story that has been discussed in a variety of topics around here the last few days.

I am tuning into the need for Brandon to go more than ever.

If this team keeps everything as is but replaces the coach, expect more of the same in another couple of years.

Russ Brandon also attends those Bilderberg meetings under a volcano on a desert island where everybody wears goat masks and has a giant orgy before they sacrifice a virgin to their satanic lizard god. I wouldn't worry too much about the Monday morning before Tuesday afternoon football meeting for jerks.

one could argue he *should* just be a marketer but the reality is he has a huge job with the Bills whether he deserves it or not. I would expect him with the title he has to be in that meeting learning what happened in the game. Otherwise he's guessing and watching film by himself. It just makes sense he is there with the owners.

Why in the world would he be watching football film at all?

Russ Brandon also attends those Bilderberg meetings under a volcano on a desert island where everybody wears goat masks and has a giant orgy before they sacrifice a virgin to their satanic lizard god. I wouldn't worry too much about the Monday morning before Tuesday afternoon football meeting for jerks.

As DC Tom would say, you're an idiot.

Football meetings discussing the ins and outs of the week's GAME.

Why in the hell is he in there?

Bulldog went on to mention he has known Russ a long time and Russ has told him a lot of things in confidence and he appreciates that.

He stressed that Russ has said many times in private and publicly that he is not involved in football matters.

Bulldog's point was that he is, in fact, involved in football matters.

The significance of this is that this organization has a marketing wonk being involved in the inner football hierarchy.

That's F-ed up.

Pegs will never do it, but they need to fire them all; the stench of RW lives on and is everywhere. They can claim it is year 2 for them and that it is different now; but it's the same front office making terrible decisions and they left the old "GM/CEO" in place; it is a problem...Russ is not just the business guy; like anyone working on a collaborative atmosphere he gives his input. Seeing that he now has the Sabres too, do the Pegs not take his advice seriously?

No, you're missing the significance of this and it's part of a larger story that has been discussed in a variety of topics around here the last few days.

If this team keeps everything as is but replaces the coach, expect more of the same in another couple of years.

Are you under the impression that the Pegulas and Brandon attend the coaches' meetings where they break down the game tapes and dissect the each phase before each group breaks off to do their own reviews with the various position groups? That is not even close to reality. Just thought I'd clarify that.

Pegs will never do it, but they need to fire them all; the stench of RW lives on and is everywhere. They can claim it is year 2 for them and that it is different now; but it's the same front office making terrible decisions and they left the old "GM/CEO" in place; it is a problem...Russ is not just the business guy; like anyone working on a collaborative atmosphere he gives his input. Seeing that he now has the Sabres too, do the Pegs not take his advice seriously?

I would imagine they do take his advice seriously, which is the problem.

The theme here is dysfunction.

I guess if you think this franchise is not dysfunctional, you won't buy what I'm selling here.

We do not have a vertical command chain; it's a confused circle of differing voices including a marketing wonk.

No one thinks that relates to 17 years huh?

Why in the world would he be watching football film at all?

As DC Tom would say, you're an idiot.

He is a managing partner of an NFL team. He should not need to watch film but if he wasn't in the meeting with the HC going over the game, where would he get the info? An email? Easier to just be there. Edited by YoloinOhio

Are you under the impression that the Pegulas and Brandon attend the coaches' meetings where they break down the game tapes and dissect the each phase before each group breaks off to do their own reviews with the various position groups? That is not even close to reality. Just thought I'd clarify that.

No. Not what I'm talking about at all.

He is a managing partner of an NFL team. He should not need to watch film but if he wasn't in the meeting with the HC going over the game, where would he get that info? An email? Easier to just be there.

Uh, watching it?

What level of information do you think he needs? He is supposed to be the guy who has the seats painted red white and blue and arranges for Bruce Smith to lead the charge at the week 4 game next year.

That sort of thing.

Maybe bundle ticket deals with the Sabres...

Edited by Fadingpain

I'll tell ya why Russ shouldn't be in football meetings....just look at how he holds the football?? Like it's 1963 and he's playing 3 vs 3 with his buddies in the backyard...he's trying to get past the telephone pole for a TD but they strip the ball from him and laugh.

16181357.jpg

Edited by BringBackFergy

You act like you believe the coaching staff or the front office listens to Brandon's opinions on football matters. Ive been in meetings where a guy, in over his head, gives his opinion on something hes not qualified to and everybody just moves forward as if he didnt say a thing. Afterwards, you might share a private chuckle about it and thats the end of it.