Tyrod Development. Extend HIm

wettlaufer

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You wouldn't take Bellycheck? You need a coaching staff that is able to scheme to the players' strengths and the opponents' weaknesses.

I disagree with that talley as they were multiple times that he didn't have enough time to step up in the pocket. I would say 3 were on the line and Tyrod for the rest.

5 sacks. 4 on Tyrod, one on the Line.

Pegulas are thinking of $$$$$. That's why they hired Rex. Record setting season ticket sales.

Now they realize that the fanbase is smart enough to catch on .... after two years.

So they'll make another change in order to generate those ticket sales.

Winning isn't the priority. Maybe that's the norm for a lot of teams' owners. It certainly has been the norm in Buffalo from day one of the franchise.

It's sad. I think fans deserve more, but maybe we don't.

I really think you're off base w this pegulas only interested in money belief

Tyrod blows. Period. exclamation point.

Pegulas are thinking of $$$$$. That's why they hired Rex. Record setting season ticket sales.

Now they realize that the fanbase is smart enough to catch on .... after two years.

So they'll make another change in order to generate those ticket sales.

Winning isn't the priority. Maybe that's the norm for a lot of teams' owners. It certainly has been the norm in Buffalo from day one of the franchise.

It's sad. I think fans deserve more, but maybe we don't.

This has got to be be one of the silliest posts Ive ever read.

I really think you're off base w this pegulas only interested in money belief

I'm only basing my opinion on what's happened since they bought the team.

I would love nothing more than to be wrong about them, but so far, I think the pudding shows a primary interest in season ticket sales.

For Christ's sake, we won 9 games the year prior and that was with a hell of a lot less talent (on the 53 man roster).

Tyrod blows. Period. exclamation point.

There are keys for those.

In his 28 starts, does he have any 4th quarter come from behind wins? I don't think he does. To me, this is telling and it's time to move on.

n 4 quarters from behind - from what I could see on TV:

- Zero TT rollouts

- Zero Deep balls thrown

- Zero Deep routes even run (that I could see)

- Olympic Sprinter Goodwin playing

- Sammy Watkins playing

- Clay playing

- Wind 3 mph

TT:

Known to throw very well on the run

Known to have the prettiest and most accurate deep ball in the NFL

Best running QB in the NFL

So, Keep him in the pocket, throwing underneath, even down 3 scores.

Whoever is responsible for this should just walk out of New Era and not turn around.

It's really not much harder than this...

n 4 quarters from behind - from what I could see on TV:

- Zero TT rollouts

- Zero Deep balls thrown

- Zero Deep routes even run (that I could see)

- Olympic Sprinter Goodwin playing

- Sammy Watkins playing

- Clay playing

- Wind 3 mph

TT:

Known to throw very well on the run

Known to have the prettiest and most accurate deep ball in the NFL

Best running QB in the NFL

So, Keep him in the pocket, throwing underneath, even down 3 scores.

Whoever is responsible for this should just walk out of New Era and not turn around.

It's really not much harder than this...

Yeah everyone but Tyrods fault

There was a ton of verticals and seam called this game he just can't pull the trigger

I'm only basing my opinion on what's happened since they bought the team.

I would love nothing more than to be wrong about them, but so far, I think the pudding shows a primary interest in season ticket sales.

For Christ's sake, we won 9 games the year prior and that was with a hell of a lot less talent (on the 53 man roster).

There are keys for those.

You couldn't be more wrong, and it's foolish to think that.

Yay , so he hit a WR and TE over the middle. It's week 14 and he hasn't done it all year. He missed wide open guys for TDs again today, was very late to a wide open Clay ( ended up incomplete because of it) and was even late on the TD to Watkins. The guy leaves so many plays on the field in the passing game and he looked ineffective running in the snow. He threw for about 80-90 yards when the game mattered. He's not a starting NFL QB. Most personnel guys say you need about a season and a half to evaluate a QB. Time is up.

It's 2002 and Amazon JUST printed a profit for the first time? Sell it! SELL IT!

"Hey, honey! Junior just took another few steps!" WHAT? SELL HIM. Not progressing quickly enough!

You know who sucked his first two seasons? Total bust. Let's blow it up! Yeah, Eric Moulds.

Extend Tyrod (again) and he's the bottom half of QB starter salaries in third year of extension.

5 sacks. 4 on Tyrod, one on the Line.

The Greatest Show on Turf would have been the Greatest Show on Turd on that field today.

He's being defended better. The book on him is out and he hasn't grown. He can't adjust. It's over.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? When the going gets tough...the tough get going! Who's with me?! Ahhhhhhh!

It's 2002 and Amazon JUST printed a profit for the first time? Sell it! SELL IT!

"Hey, honey! Junior just took another few steps!" WHAT? SELL HIM. Not progressing quickly enough!

You know who sucked his first two seasons? Total bust. Let's blow it up! Yeah, Eric Moulds.

Extend Tyrod (again) and he's the bottom half of QB starter salaries in third year of extension.

The Greatest Show on Turf would have been the Greatest Show on Turd on that field today.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? When the going gets tough...the tough get going! Who's with me?! Ahhhhhhh!

I think Tyrod is proving he is only a backup through his horrible play, I can't see any other GM giving him a starter position. He may get a starter position but it will be through winning a training camp competition.

I say keep him as a backup, if he will redo the contract to a very very friendly price to the Bills, 5 million or less . . . unfortunately, for the Bills and teams around the NFL, there are few QB options, and the draft is not going to be good at that position.

Yeah everyone but Tyrods fault

There was a ton of verticals and seam called this game he just can't pull the trigger

A prime example is Tyrod's interception early in the 4th. He zeros in on Goodwin who looks to be tripled up on the sideline while Hunter is running free down the middle for what could have been a TD. This was a simple read with two-deep safety where both went to the outside receivers leaving the slot receiver down the middle uncovered. Taylor had ample time to read the field, set, and pass without a lot of pressure. An NFL starter has just got to make that read and make that throw.

Not sure what game people were watching, but Tyrod was throwing darts over the middle of the field, hitting WR and TE. Putting a spy on him to keep him in the pocket forces the issue and also keeps LBers wide. That opens up the middle. A good complete game for our QB in those conditions.

The fact people want to run him out of town after, what, 28 starts, is crazy. QBs don't develop overnight. This is like the people who sold Amazon in 2001 because it was immature and wasn't producing earnings. You have to take a longer view in investing and in the development of QBs. Some develop early, some later.

It would be a mistake not to extend Tyrod given his development and tools (including his intelligence).

The question is: Will the new coach want him as his QB?

I don't want to sound like a Tyrod apologist here, but...

Tyrod's failure is Rex Ryan's failure. TT actually had some good throws today, and there were a lot of dropped balls, and poorly run routes. It's not from any lack of talent, including TT. It is from a lack of chemistry, and that lands on Rex, IMO. Rex's stubborn adherence to a run heavy offense has come at the expense of the passing game, as opposed to enabling the passing game, as should be the desired effect.

And, can we now put to rest any notion of Rex Ryan, or his baffoon of a brother being defensive geniuses? Defense was their calling card. And, they're terrible at it. TERRIBLE!

Ever notice that the Bills WRs very rarely have any RAC? That's because of the routes they run, they are basic, simplified so that Taylor can see the receivers open. He doesn't throw with ancipation, at all. Look at his ball placement, it's horrible. We have receivers and TEs who excel at running after the catch. Instead the Bills have to basic routes because:

a. Taylor can't read the defense and doesn't know where to go with the ball after it's been snapped.

b. Taylor only throws when a receiver is open.

c. Taylor can't throw with anticipation.

The Bills need a new Qb, unfortunately Taylor is not the one.

I'm having trouble with Tyrod staying as the QB after each week I watch his game. Looked like he was coached to throw balls over the middle and actually completed quite a few in what looked like miserable conditions to throw and catch the ball.

Forgive me as I fast forwarded through most of the game, but Pittsburgh looked to be geared up to stop the run and keep Tyrod from scrambling and it looked like he took what he could get for the most part. Although it was too little too late and may have been Pittsburgh's prevent defense at least they finally had a semblance of a comeback in the 4th quarter.

As an optimist, I'd like to see if they can let Tyrod try to be the pocket QB who can make throws over the middle to inferiors defenses before we give up on him as our QB. Let the chips fall at the end of the season.