Tyrod Development. Extend HIm

wettlaufer

I agree with this. He's exactly the same QB he was last season. It didn't happen for him and it's time to accept that. There's no shame in being a quality NFL backup. QB is the most difficult job in team sports.

the lack of progression is a huge concern. He'd be a fantastic backup. He could also be used in gadget-type packages (line up as WR, RB, etc.). Someone like Lynn or Haley as HC would know how to do that.

Why? are you not interested in winning?

Clearly you stopped reading after the first sentence. See below: where did I state I had no issue with him being handed the starters job? Oh, I didn't!!

RyanC883, on 11 Dec 2016 - 8:49 PM, said:snapback.png

I have no issue with keeping TT for next year. Two conditions: (1) we redo his contract so it is not guaranteed money. If he dosen't like it, he can have fun being a guaranteed backup for another team or starting for a team with zero talent like Cleveland, which will instantly expose all his flaws; (2) there is a competition for QB. We draft a QB, Jones, TT and FA if a good one is available compete to start. TT is told that he may be the backup and will have to be okay with that.

Why? are you not interested in winning?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to sound like a Tyrod apologist here, but...

Tyrod's failure is Rex Ryan's failure. TT actually had some good throws today, and there were a lot of dropped balls, and poorly run routes. It's not from any lack of talent, including TT. It is from a lack of chemistry, and that lands on Rex, IMO. Rex's stubborn adherence to a run heavy offense has come at the expense of the passing game, as opposed to enabling the passing game, as should be the desired effect.

And, can we now put to rest any notion of Rex Ryan, or his baffoon of a brother being defensive geniuses? Defense was their calling card. And, they're terrible at it. TERRIBLE!

Three drops for first downs that were catchable. But the rest of your post is correct imo.it looks more and more like a Coaching issue

tell him to throw throw damn ball!

Three drops for first downs that were catchable. But the rest of your post is correct imo.it looks more and more like a Coaching issue

I can see no way that Rex is back next year. Two games in a row against two good offenses and his defense gets obliterated. Won't matter how they do against the terrible teams we face the rest of the way.

I can see no way that Rex is back next year. Two games in a row against two good offenses and his defense gets obliterated. Won't matter how they do against the terrible teams we face the rest of the way.

Thats something that Pegulas better be thinking of.

We have had years where we look good finishing the season and giving false hope.

last two games were nearly embarrassing defensive efforts at some level. Coaching wise

Thats something that Pegulas better be thinking of.

We have had years where we look good finishing the season and giving false hope.

last two games were nearly embarrassing defensive efforts at some level. Coaching wise

Pegulas are thinking of $$$$$. That's why they hired Rex. Record setting season ticket sales.

Now they realize that the fanbase is smart enough to catch on .... after two years.

So they'll make another change in order to generate those ticket sales.

Winning isn't the priority. Maybe that's the norm for a lot of teams' owners. It certainly has been the norm in Buffalo from day one of the franchise.

It's sad. I think fans deserve more, but maybe we don't.

We had a 60 minute stretch across 2 games where we gave up 43 points(?) and had 4 first downs (5 with the holding on that pick 6?)... and had a couple turnovers and scored zero points

Two weeks in a row special teams also gave up first downs via penalties on kicks late in the fourth in games that weren't out of reach too

The teams a mess

Edited by NoSaint

We had a 60 minute stretch across 2 games where we gave up 43 points(?) and had 4 first downs (5 with the holding on that pick 6?)... and had a couple turnovers and scored zero points

Two weeks in a row special teams also gave up first downs via penalties on kicks late in the fourth in games that weren't out of reach too

The teams a mess

Thanks for that!

People need to realize it's not anything more than that. The kicking game sucks, the defense sucks and the offense sucks.

Now fix it by firing the people who created this mess!

Pegulas are thinking of $$$$$. That's why they hired Rex. Record setting season ticket sales.

Now they realize that the fanbase is smart enough to catch on .... after two years.

Winning isn't the priority. Maybe that's the norm for a lot of teams' owners. It certainly has been the norm in Buffalo from day one of the franchise.

In a small market wanting to maximize ticket sales isn't greed, it's crucial to operations. Big markets have the luxury of playing more of the long game since they have waiting lists for season tickets and larger fan bases buying merch. Teams like Buffalo and Cleveland and others have to roll out the shiny new toy every so often to keep excitement going else they run the risk of spiraling into the red.

Cut 'em some slack.

Not sure what game people were watching, but Tyrod was throwing darts over the middle of the field, hitting WR and TE. Putting a spy on him to keep him in the pocket forces the issue and also keeps LBers wide. That opens up the middle. A good complete game for our QB in those conditions.

The fact people want to run him out of town after, what, 28 starts, is crazy. QBs don't develop overnight. This is like the people who sold Amazon in 2001 because it was immature and wasn't producing earnings. You have to take a longer view in investing and in the development of QBs. Some develop early, some later.

It would be a mistake not to extend Tyrod given his development and tools (including his intelligence).

Are you insane

i do not think you are correct. Brandon for sure. We just met The Pegulas.

i do not think you are correct. Brandon for sure. We just met The Pegulas.

Yes, we did. And the first "splash" they made was bringing in a head coach whom the entire world knew would undo all of the progress Whaley made on the defensive side of the team.

And it's been an absolute schit show, circus, ever since.

But I'll be dipped in schit, those seats sure sold fast!!!

Not sure what game people were watching, but Tyrod was throwing darts over the middle of the field, hitting WR and TE. Putting a spy on him to keep him in the pocket forces the issue and also keeps LBers wide. That opens up the middle. A good complete game for our QB in those conditions.

The fact people want to run him out of town after, what, 28 starts, is crazy. QBs don't develop overnight. This is like the people who sold Amazon in 2001 because it was immature and wasn't producing earnings. You have to take a longer view in investing and in the development of QBs. Some develop early, some later.

It would be a mistake not to extend Tyrod given his development and tools (including his intelligence).

1. Troll.

2. Just silly new poster.

3. Tyrod's mother.

4. Rex Ryan.

5. LMFAO

6. :mellow:

7. Miami/N.E/Jets fan.

8. Mrs. Tyrod.

Please select you're choice.

The OP may be a little too complimentary of TT, but as far as today goes, the loss goes in quite a few spots before him. The lines couldn't block and shed blocks, The tackling was poor enough to make Bell look like a greased pig, the receivers dropped balls at crucial times, and bad penalty on the FG to lead to a 1st.

The OP may be a little too complimentary of TT, but as far as today goes, the loss goes in quite a few spots before him. The lines couldn't block and shed blocks, The tackling was poor enough to make Bell look like a greased pig, the receivers dropped balls at crucial times, and bad penalty on the FG to lead to a 1st.

And yet all but 1 sack where not because of the line and they were Tyrods fault

Time to bring in a 4\3 minded HC

You wouldn't take Bellycheck? You need a coaching staff that is able to scheme to the players' strengths and the opponents' weaknesses.

And yet all but 1 sack where not because of the line and they were Tyrods fault

I disagree with that talley as they were multiple times that he didn't have enough time to step up in the pocket. I would say 3 were on the line and Tyrod for the rest.