If Garoppolo is available for trade, would ya and for what?

YoloinOhio

I very rarely guess what BB is going to do, butbinwould hope he keep a proven commodity behind Brady just in case rather than getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick. IMO she is more valuable to the team than that pick would be if Brady went down injured for say 2-3 games.

Ok I am quoting you but this is for numerous people. Who ever saw ANY promise I Mallett (who sucked every time) and Hoyer? (Who never saw real game time action) I already stated that Cassell fooled people because they didn't look at WHO he was playing with at the time. (I mean they broke records on O the year before.. and went 16-0)

Exactly my point...if they are willing to part with him this late in Tom's career, then clearly they just see him as someone not worth keeping like the other fools gold that were once considered promising QB's because NE either made them look good in their system, or people were enamored with the idea they were mentored by BB and Brady.

If NE is willing to trade him to us, then we should be very worried.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly my point...if they are willing to part with him this late in Tom's career, then clearly they just see him as someone not worth keeping like the other fools gold that were once considered promising QB's because NE either made them look good in their system, or people were enamored with the idea they were mentored by BB and Brady.

If NE is willing to trade him to us, then we should be very worried.

Exactly. From what little I've seen of JimmyG, he seems a decent bit above the previous Pats backups that flamed out (and don't forget to include 3rd round pick Kevin O'Connell in that list). And maybe he's good enough to succeed with the Pats' hefty support network around him, but I'm not seeing him as good enough to drag us (or the Browns, e.g.) out of the dumpster. However, if I'm wrong, and he's as good as some people think (one of the posts in this thread compared him to Aaron Rodgers!), then I think it's very unlikely that the Pats make him available for trade -- especially within the division.

What are the odds that 1.) He's really that good, and 2.) The Pats are wrong and think he's just mediocre? 1%? I don't think that chance is worth the cost. And keep in mind that the cost would likely be both draft picks and a fat contract for JimmyG.

Garoppolo will take at least a first to get, and I think I would do it. This is not Cassel or Hoyer, they both came in as late round picks and marginal talent(anyway nobody ever gave up much for Hoyer). Jimmy G, put up big numbers in college. I also remember Mayock saying he had the quickest release he ever saw, supremely accurate in short and intermediate passing game, good leadership, and great work habits. If I deemed it important enough to use a first round pick on a QB, I would rather use it on him this year instead of one of the college QBs, as he has had a couple of years to develop behind an all time great. I would be hoping to give up only 2 second round picks, but I would go as high as a first. The hardest part of that trade would be giving the cheatriots a first round pick to use, but I would not think I was wasting my pick. I would rather him over Romo, or Cutler as well. One is fragile, and the other never was. I am not saying he would be a slam dunk pro bowler, but if you say to yourself you have to fix the QB position(which I think you should say every year until you get it right) then I think he is the best option this year.

Good post Rev; I will not fault the organization one bit if they at least try and go out and get this guy. If they get out bid for Grap's services, at least they threw their hat in the ring. Grap could be better than all three Qb's currently on our roster,

But they are never going to find playing naked twister at One Bills Drive, all night.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally would give up a 1st for this player

This is not the Bledsoe situation.....Drew was old when we got him and didnt have much left. Jimmy G. is a young qb who frankly looked good this year.

You can say that its because of BB.......I think a good OC would make the kid shine.

and yes I would be willing to give a first for him.

Nope. If they're willing to trade him within the division that doesn't say much for what they really think of him.

Belichick doesn't care where a guy goes, he's going to get the best return for his team possible. If we offer a pick in the teens and the next best offer is one in the 40s, he's not taking the worse offer just because of what he thinks of Jimmy.

Add another to this thought. :thumbsup: Does anyone remember Rob Johnson -- don't want to go thru that again.

If the cost was a 1st round pick.....then what would be the downside of continuing to do this.....

IF Tyrod Taylor is not the answer then we should be looking to find the answer......he might be better then any prospect in this years draft.

We cannot let past failures at QB prevent us from continuing to find that guy.

.@AlbertBreer on a quiet @Patriots move that speaks about their future plans at QB:

https://twitter.com/themmqb/status/811998490733604864

Jimmy gonna crack some corn elsewhere

I think it's pretty obvious that the Cheaters want to trade JG and get some value out of him before his contract is up. The question is how much value does a guy who couldn't even make it through a game and a half in an offensive system that made Matt Cassel look like a star and who will want Osweiler type money from a new team?

I think it's pretty obvious that the Cheaters want to trade JG and get some value out of him before his contract is up. The question is how much value does a guy who couldn't even make it through a game and a half in an offensive system that made Matt Cassel look like a star and who will want Osweiler type money from a new team?

I don't think they are all that eager. I am sure they will listen, but going take a substantial offer to get him IMO. Why? He proved he could lead the teams O even without Gronk and Edelman at 50%.

I don't think they are all that eager. I am sure they will listen, but going take a substantial offer to get him IMO. Why? He proved he could lead the teams O even without Gronk and Edelman at 50%.

i would think because he's a FA next year and they can roll with Brissett as backup instead of paying him or getting nothing in return.

i would think because he's a FA next year and they can roll with Brissett as backup instead of paying him or getting nothing in return.

I could also see them Franchise tagging him after next year and trading him like they did Cassell. Just get the ma. Out of him, and give Jacoby more time to develop (unless someone offers like a top 15 player KC then I see him listening) but hey I could be way way off lol