12-9: Doug Whaley on WGR

I bet someone who doesnt have an agenda about Taylor would also know better than to focus on solely passing numbers to evaluate his production considering he does a ton of damage with his legs, which has helped this team be one of the top scoring teams in the NFL this year since we got rid of Roman.

But theres that pesky logic again, and the kind of logic that doesnt sever your grossly over exaggerated stance on Taylor...#BooooLogic

Edit: Weird, maybe if the D didn't give up so many points, averaging in the high 20's per game would be enough to win more games? Weird thought, but I guess thats all Taylors fault too.

this seems to be the most overlooked issue this season, so much focus on TT. You give us the 2014 defense and we are in the playoffs.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but he won't.

One more year of mediocrity and then he will go.

Exactly. He will talk his way out of being fired. He will blame injuries just like he did last year and Whaley and the Pegulas will eat it up. The ONLY good thing Rex can do anymore is talk BIG. This will save his ass once again. But you'd have to think next year is his final chance to get it right. Wouldn't you? Any other franchise than the Bills...

Exactly. He will talk his way out of being fired. He will blame injuries just like he did last year and Whaley and the Pegulas will eat it up. The ONLY good thing Rex can do anymore is talk BIG. This will save his ass once again. But you'd have to think next year is his final chance to get it right. Wouldn't you? Any other franchise than the Bills...

Rams?

What is the risk? I get you hate Tyrod like he was Hitler, but you are a complete fool if you think it can't get worse. Taylor has not been even remotely as bad as you paint him to be and honestly, I feel like you ONLY watch games to root against him. You are damn quiet when he has a good game or big moments and then run your mouth the second something doesnt go his way.

Taylor has missed opportunities, but he has also made a hell of a lot happen when there were NO opportunities and has helped us win games where other parts of this team were not getting their job done. I doubt we are even at .500 this year if Taylor had gotten hurt this year.

Could not agree more. Tatylor has his shortcomings, but he will keep this team competitive. If they get rid of him, watch out, next season could be very ugly depending on their options. If Big Mouth would of kept his promise & improved on the #4 defense in 2014 this team is a playoff team hands down the last 2 years. The defense is the real problem, I mean the Bills are averaging 25 points per game, that should be good enough on most Sunday with big mouth Rex calling the shots on defense or so he would like you to believe.

They are going to pick up the option. Will never learn.

yes so many other options out there.......such as ______________________.

crappy organizations fire there coach two years in....Ralph died. Not the same crappy Bills Organization Rex isnt going anywhere and shouldnt be

My goodness, Joe B is a horrible writer. That was almost unreadable.

figured that out now?

not only a horrible writer, but a pathetically poor laughable pro personnel man he thinks he is. Sal puts him to shame

this seems to be the most overlooked issue this season, so much focus on TT. You give us the 2014 defense and we are in the playoffs.

you mean the defense who gave up 26 at Oakland in the biggest game of the year

yes so many other options out there.......such as ______________________.

crappy organizations fire there coach two years in....Ralph died. Not the same crappy Bills Organization Rex isnt going anywhere and shouldnt be

agree 100 percent

figured that out now?

not only a horrible writer, but a pathetically poor laughable pro personnel man he thinks he is. Sal puts him to shame

Whaley - we have to play 60 minutes. Whatever happened in Oakland shows that cliche is out there for a reason. #Bills

Whaley - The loss against Oakland was a good learning experience for this team. It taught us that we need to finish games #Bills

Whaley - I believe it's been the lack of focus and consistency is why we're 6-6. #Bills

Whaley - We have shown we can play against some of the best in the NFL, but we have to play a full 60 minutes. #Bills

I tend to like Doug but some of his comments here disappoint me.

He thinks the players need to learn to finish games. How do you learn that? Is he going to give a class?

He says they have to play for 60 minutes. What's going on now? They play football for 40 minutes and video games for the other 20?

It's like he's saying the players he's acquired are capable of so much more but they haven't been coached and energized by the coaches sufficiently. In other words, the mediocrity is Rex's fault, not Doug's.

I'm not defending Rex but I think the reason we don't finish games - and play inconsistently - is because we're just not that good. Injuries are part of this, too. The players we're lining up aren't as good as the players the better teams line up against us. So eventually there's a breakdown. We didn't lose to Oakland because of some psychological weakness. We lost because they have better players (especially at the QB position).

Doug has got to take some accountability. He hasn't yet acquired enough talent for this team to make the playoffs.

I do think Whaley's comments...In a way...Point the finger at Rex and his staff...But I agree with Whaley's take for the most part...Sure the players are to blame...But I really don't think it has a lot to do with the overall talent...The Bills proved in those first 40 minutes they could stand toe to toe with that greatly talented Oakland team and come out ahead...They proved they could hang with Seattle's talent...I think you're over-estimating the talent differential between the teams...The Bills have all the talent they need to win...Except maybe at the QB position of course...You're right about that...

The Bills wilt in games at times...But it's a strange wilt...They're 23rd in the league in 2nd Quarter points and 21st in the league in 4th quarter points...This is directly tied to Tyrod of course...I was taking a look at his splits...In the 4th Quarter of games where the Bills are +/- 7 points Tyrod is just terrible...42.1% completions, 2 TD's, 2 INTS, and a woeful 52.7 QB Rating...It's no surprise Tyrod's numbers are real poor in the 2nd and 4th quarters of games...And I think it can be assumed that is tied into coaching as well...Taylor has been excellent in the 1st quarter this year...And pretty good in the 3rd...In those 2 quarters combined this year he's thrown 7 TD's to only 1 INT...His QB rating is over 113 for the 1st Quarter and about 92 for the 3rd...So...When the Bills coaches have the whole week to prepare for the 1st quarter Tyrod is great...When they come out of the half and make adjustments it's good...But when the opponents counter-adjust in the 2nd and 4th he falls apart...

The Defense on the other hand has struggled most in the 2nd and 3rd quarters when compared to other NFL teams...They're ranked 21st in 2nd quarter points allowed, and 23rd in 3rd quarter points allowed (at home they are the 3rd worst team in the NFL in points allowed in the 3rd quarter)...The Bills best quarter on D compared to the rest of the league? The 4th...Where they rank 11th in the NFL with an average of 5.5 points allowed...They are right in the middle of the NFL in 1st quarter points allowed ranked 16th (though they are 31st in this category at home...next to worst in the league)...

There's really no question when you look at the quarter breakdowns for this team, and Tyrod, that Whaley has a solid point...This team is up and down like a roller coaster on Offense and Defense...There are some REAL inconsistencies...So when he says they need to play well for the full 60 minutes...I think he's dead on... B-)

The question we need to ask ourselves is this.

If Tyrod wasn't our QB and was on the opposing team's roster on Sunday, would you be afraid to go against him?

My answer is, with this defensive scheme, yes. I like Tyrod, but i think he sucks being on the Bills.

He had one good showing on Monday night vs. the Seahwaks which made me think wow, we actually might have something at QB finally, then he just goes back to mediocre Tyrod.

I said a week ago i believe that im stuck in the worst position to be in as a fan just like the majority of Bills fans. Im forced to root for a guy i dont believe in to win us ball games.

Sucks big time.

This team has experienced "learning" like the Oakland game for years. Will they ever get the lesson?

Some day, the 20s are just around the corner :thumbsup:

The question we need to ask ourselves is this.

If Tyrod wasn't our QB and was on the opposing team's roster on Sunday, would you be afraid to go against him?

My answer is, with this defensive scheme, yes. I like Tyrod, but i think he sucks being on the Bills.

He had one good showing on Monday night vs. the Seahwaks which made me think wow, we actually might have something at QB finally, then he just goes back to mediocre Tyrod.

I said a week ago i believe that im stuck in the worst position to be in as a fan just like the majority of Bills fans. Im forced to root for a guy i dont believe in to win us ball games.

Sucks big time.

yep