Irrespective of qb debate, bills have to draft/sign 2ndary

Are u watching the games, bill? The d does everything well except cover. It's a big freaking part of the game. This isn't 1974.

They haven't rushed the passer well the past, oh, 6 weeks or so either. The two are connected.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They haven't rushed the passer well the past, oh, 6 weeks or so either. The two are connected.

I agree, but they are so often in 7-8 coverage schemes that rushing doesn't work. The reason they keep 7-8 guys in coverage, tho, is the overall terrible talent. It's killing them. I saw it in the jax game, and the team was saved by jax receiver drops.

you mean Seymour one on one with Cooper is a bad idea?!?!?!?

With no one at all over the top anywhere

I agree, but they are so often in 7-8 coverage schemes that rushing doesn't work. The reason they keep 7-8 guys in coverage, tho, is the overall terrible talent. It's killing them. I saw it in the jax game, and the team was saved by jax receiver drops.

What's strange to me is when we se no rushers but really no deep help either. There have been a bunch of plays this year that I didn't rewatch on all22 but swear we must've had 9 guys on the field!

Even so I think it's a distinction I'd like to point out. In acquiring him, I'd rather find a heady vet that is the right fit even if more pricey over an freakish athlete rookie assuming Rex stays. If it's that important a role and we've seen mental over physical succeed in it - let's get the most athletic rocket scientist we can find with some starting experience

Yeah they'd be hard pressed to find an NFL ready safety prospect as Calvin Pryor and he was useless in Rex D as a rookie.

They should be able to get decent pressure while sending just 4 most of the time. They've shown recently that they just cant.

I'm with you on the dropping 8 though. It's done way too often and in critical situations too.

With no one at all over the top anywhere

What's strange to me is when we se no rushers but really no deep help either. There have been a bunch of plays this year that I didn't rewatch on all22 but swear we must've had 9 guys on the field!

On that play, seymour, who sucks, was covering a slant that was already being covered by the LB. they schemed it well, but there's no accounting for poor play.

Yeah they'd be hard pressed to find an NFL ready safety prospect as Calvin Pryor and he was useless in Rex D as a rookie.

Agreed. Gotta do something though -- this secondary is just terrible outside of gilmore and graham. I'm fine with FA signings.

On that play, seymour, who sucks, was covering a slant that was already being covered by the LB. they schemed it well, but there's no accounting for poor play.

Right but when our late round rookie being forced to cover an elite WR bites-- no help anywhere deep? Not a safety over the top to help clean up with a tackle at least?

Vet safety - not a rookie, if Rex is here

100% agree. First two nights should see a RT, WR and QB... maybe a TE....

If a defensive star falls, sure, but I don't like the rookie safety in Rex's scheme being the right move

Can we please make sure the WR is one of these fast running, powerfully built, 6'4" or 6'5" freaks?

Hell, he can be slow running. I just want the guy to be really tall and strong.

I am wondering if Jerry Hughes should be put on a milk carton

I believe his hand injury is really affecting his play.

Lorax is on fumes.........he's got those rec league cadaver legs going out there. His motor is willing his limbs are not.

Shaq is exactly what I expected......leans on OT's and he's a liability in terms of scheme awareness.

Loved that stunt he had in the first half where he took one step and ran face first into the guard and gave away the edge for a huge run. Just wow.

Right but when our late round rookie being forced to cover an elite WR bites-- no help anywhere deep? Not a safety over the top to help clean up with a tackle at least?

Like i said , there's a talent problem. The alternative - dropping them into a soft zone with inferior players - would probably have resulted on the usual 15 yard gain.

Yeah, the Bills historically have not focused enough of the secondary and running backs when it comes to the early rounds of the draft, to include top ten picks and other huge resources. That's the problem. Another is that Whaley should trade away more draft picks, not less.

Whaley is great. The Ryans are great. Let's grab a first round corner and fix this thing!

I knew there was a way to make this team a winner that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

Reggie McKenzie, the GM for the Raiders, started a major rebuild a few years ago. He put together a dominant OL, built mostly through free agency and drafted his top tier young franchise qb at the top of the second round. Their offense is one of the the most explosive offenses in the league being proficient in both the run and passing game.

It is not unfair to compare how the Bills and Raiders have done under their respective GMs during the past few years. What is most infuriating is that the Bills had an opportunity to draft Carr with a trade down in the first round and secure a franchise qb that has eluded this bedraggled franchise since the retirement of Jim Kelly nearly a quarter century ago.

The Raiders are now serious SB contenders. The Bills continue to flounder. What is keeping our franchise stuck in the mud of generational mediocrity is its own ineptitude!

Seymour had inside help and didn't need to bite on the in-breaking route. Rookie mistake that cost the Bills.