Clay inactive for game due to birth of child (updated)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Badol, Kodak failed because they had digital for decades before their competitors and the higher-ups sat on it. Hubris was their downfall, not their employees taking 3 hr lunch breaks.

Letting Charles Clay take a game off for the birth of his child is not indicative of a bad ownership like many here would want us to believe.

And those mighty Patriots who place football as their #1 priority let a player quit the team and pursue his DREAM to play Olympic rugby.

Yes and their rationale was based GREATLY on the perceived impact digital would have on their 60,000+ workforce. Together they killed an almost unbelievably golden goose.

I never said anything about the Pegula's being bad ownership.......they are GREAT ownership so you are way the!@#$ off base implying I said that.

What I said is that they are learning a lesson about NFL contracts and what happens when you are much too generous with their terms.

As for the Pats........that guy is not important and making the minimum. For the 100th time......"To whom much is given..."

Enjoy your Child Clay. Take care of your wife. Congrats

Did I mention that there is just a touch of hypocrisy in someone who CHOOSES to work away from his family telling people how to prioritize. :lol:

You are a piece of work Bobby.

Keep on trollin' the church of Tyrod even though he owes you nuthin'! :lol:

Edited by #BADOL

Did I mention that there is just a touch of hypocrisy in someone who CHOOSES to work away from his family telling people how to prioritize. :lol:

You are a piece of work Bobby.

Keep on trollin' the church of Tyrod even though he owes you nuthin'! :lol:

Yeah chooses to work away from my family. Maybe I should just walk away. Nope can't it is illegal.

Enjoy your Child Charles

Did I ever say anywhere that Tyrod owes me something? Nope

Edited by MAJBobby

Yeah chooses to work away from my family. Maybe I should just walk away. Nope can't it is illegal.

Enjoy your Child Charles

Your right...he doesnt owe you anything. He will be here next year and you will live through it (or find another team)

but your hypocracy is so bad

Yes and their rationale was based GREATLY on the perceived impact digital would have on their 60,000+ workforce. Together they killed an almost unbelievably golden goose.

I never said anything about the Pegula's being bad ownership.......they are GREAT ownership so you are way the!@#$ off base implying I said that.

What I said is that they are learning a lesson about NFL contracts and what happens when you are much too generous with their terms.

As for the Pats........that guy is not important and making the minimum. For the 100th time......"To whom much is given..."

1)They actually invested billions into phone/digital camera technology but never the camera, but f it. I/we probably don't wanna debate Kodaks downfall.

2) Broad statement, not to you specifically. Sorry, long thread about a small matter imo.

3) Up for debate. Pegula delegates. And yes, the Clay contract could be the lesson they need to learn.

4) F the Pats. They can be "ruthless" and "forward thinking" at the same time because they have a GOAT at QB. Their team building philosophy might not work with a normal QB.

Your right...he doesnt owe you anything. He will be here next year and you will live through it (or find another team)

but your hypocracy is so bad

Where and I being a hypocrite? Show me

Yes TT will likely be hear next year and 2018. And the Bills playoff less streak getting closer to legal drinking age

i've always said that vasectomies should be mandatory for all players. but i suppose that's something that would get the pc crowd's rainbow-colored panties in a bunch.

you've really always said that? How often do you discuss this?

3) Up for debate. Pegula delegates. And yes, the Clay contract could be the lesson they need to learn.

4) F the Pats. They can be "ruthless" and "forward thinking" at the same time because they have a GOAT at QB. Their team building philosophy might not work with a normal QB.

Beside the poison pill Clay contract the Dareus contract without language to penalize him for FURTHER misconduct was ridiculous.......the Harvin contract was much too friendly to him considering his history and whether you love how McCoy has played or not, unnecessarily extending a well paid deal that ALREADY ran thru 2017 was a virtual donation of cap room to charity.

It was a pretty crazy 4-5 months of weird contract moves.

Haven't seen so much of that since, have we?

As for the Pats......they aren't the only cut throat team that finds themselves near the top. John Elway doesn't f*ck around and the Seahawks are NOTORIOUSLY cheap and difficult in contract negotiations. You don't see a lot of pushover organizations making the playoffs regularly.

Wow 12 pages. I posted on here much earlier and some may have misunderstood what I said or maybe it was my fault for not elaborating. In a nutshell: I personally know 2 people that missed the birth of their kids (1 each) due to their respective jobs. It's not unheard of and I don't think it would be unheard of for Clay to miss it. It would suck, for sure, but as the saying goes: For those to whom much is given, much is required.

However, if the NFL is OK with it, the Bills are OK with it, then we should all be OK with it. Congrats to Clay. :thumbsup:

One of the best posts I have read in awhile

Beside the poison pill Clay contract the Dareus contract without language to penalize him for FURTHER misconduct was ridiculous.......the Harvin contract was much too friendly to him considering his history and whether you love how McCoy has played or not, unnecessarily extending a well paid deal that ALREADY ran thru 2017 was a virtual donation of cap room to charity.

It was a pretty crazy 4-5 months of weird contract moves.

Haven't seen so much of that since, have we?

As for the Pats......they aren't the only cut throat team that finds themselves near the top. John Elway doesn't f*ck around and the Seahawks are NOTORIOUSLY cheap and difficult in contract negotiations. You don't see a lot of pushover organizations making the playoffs regularly.

Agreed.....I thought since the year where we have out all those huge up front signing bonus money the team has actually been pretty frugal

That could have been doing because the cap forced it....but I thought they still did a pretty good job

Enjoy your Child Charles

By the way major, no way the army lets a private go home for the birth of his kid. I know, I was one. Edited by joesixpack

Must be the new army. Didn't back in the early 90s

They try can't always happen but do their best to make it happen.

Males even get 10 days Convolescent leave (Free Leave) for bonding purposes

Edited by MAJBobby