Clay inactive for game due to birth of child (updated)

YoloinOhio

I never have called them a family they are a bunch of entertainers. The Owner of the team called them a family

Yeah O'Leary

0 Catches 0 yards last three games reign lol

Wait we are in the playoffs? When did that happen thought it was still regular season

It's a do or die game.

Sounds like you got duped by the owners.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And wherever you may work, they pay you 52 or 26 paychecks. And if you miss some time due to family obligations birth of child etc. it's no different in spite of what you may think.

As was already pointed politically the Bills will say the correct things, "yes they are fine with it" are that happy about it, no, but they also do understand and highly doubt they'd take any kind of drastic action against him because of it. And I'm sure even if it were BB or the Patriots, they'd say the same too, or in the case of BB, he may say he didn't even know she was pregnant.

The problem is those who take the time to post on message boards like this are fans of the highest level and are 100% viewing this through fans eyes. And as fans, he plays no question asked. But in reality Clay just like all of us are just employees working for someone and is entitled to time off. Yes the 16 week season certainly makes each week much more important than what most people go through, but it's no different, other than to fans.

I'm sure as we speak there are a number of Amazon employees, either factory workers, or managers and some level who has a spouse who are about to give birth and they will take time out for that event even though it's in the middle of their busy Christmas rush. Or the manager of some fireworks factory may be out in June due to having a child, or two weeks before Valentines day the manager of a candy factory is out. That's the way life works. (Except for fans, they will never get it)

The Bills pay him 16 paychecks, why do you think that is? All those other days are all about those 16 days. The Bills don't need any player that is not able to meet those obligations. A few times someones talent is so big they over look this. Clay is not one of those players. I bet he is cut at the end of the season unless his cap hit is just too big after resigning. I am betting if the Bills miss the playoffs they gut and cut this team up and only hold on to players that help them 2-3 years out.

The Bills pay him 16 paychecks, why do you think that is? All those other days are all about those 16 days. The Bills don't need any player that is not able to meet those obligations. A few times someones talent is so big they over look this. Clay is not one of those players. I bet he is cut at the end of the season unless his cap hit is just too big after resigning. I am betting if the Bills miss the playoffs they gut and cut this team up and only hold on to players that help them 2-3 years out.

You would lose that Bet he is not getting cut

It's a do or die game.

Sounds like you got duped by the owners.

Well sounds like maybe they should have won games when they should and this wouldn't be a do or die game.

Nope not duped by anyone haven't spent a dime on this team in 3 years. However fact is the Owners called this team a family

You would lose that Bet he is not getting cut

Well sounds like maybe they should have won games when they should and this wouldn't be a do or die game.

Nope not duped by anyone haven't spent a dime on this team in 3 years. However fact is the Owners called this team a family

They should have, but we are where we are. And right now, it's a do or die game and they should play like they know it.

The fact is, folks say a lot of things. The GM said they had no plans to trade Stevie. Only idiots believe the lip service. The owners don't give a crap about any of the players.

They should have, but we are where we are. And right now, it's a do or die game and they should play like they know it.

The fact is, folks say a lot of things. The GM said they had no plans to trade Stevie. Only idiots believe the lip service. The owners don't give a crap about any of the players.

If the owners don't care about the players why should the Players give a crap about the team. Take care of their own get their Money and miss a game for the Birth of their child

If the owners don't care about the players why should the Players give a crap about the team. Take care of their own get their Money and miss a game for the Birth of their child

There is a rumor that the birth happened yesterday and Clay still is not there

Your attitude about teh players givin a **** is deplorable

Edited by John from Hemet

There is a rumor that the birth happened yesterday and Clay still is not there

Your attitude about teh players givin a **** is deplorable

Ok good take care of his wife and newborn. Hoping they are healthy.

Why is it deplorable because I understand this is a sport. A freaking form of entertainment and that the players in it know it is a business.

Edited by MAJBobby

Ok good take care of his wife and newborn. Hoping they are healthy.

Why is it deplorable because I understand this is a sport. A freaking form of entertainment and that the players in it know it is a business.

It's entertainment , but a business in which winning comes before all else. If it's true that the birth happened yesterday thanClay is a chump and waste of a roster spot. Some guys have the fire within and others don't . You have to weed out those just looking for the paycheck ( which they are going to get anyway). There IS a difference .

It's entertainment , but a business in which winning comes before all else. If it's true that the birth happened yesterday thanClay is a chump and waste of a roster spot. Some guys have the fire within and others don't . You have to weed out those just looking for the paycheck ( which they are going to get anyway). There IS a difference .

So if the Birth happened yesterday and was a hard Birth for the Mother you want to him to say sorry hunny I am out. Nope not happening

No I am not you don't even know if the Birth happened yesterday. Either way enjoy your family and congrats Clay.

Franchise can do this without you

OK.....so Clay has a seasonal job that pays him millions who doesnt want to be with the team on game day

Gilmore should view his effort on the field as a "business" and not give it his all

Any other players you want to give a pass and expect a winning team?

@chrisbrownbills

. #Bills TE Charles Clay will be one of Buffalo's inactives today. He did not make it out to the west coast for the game. First child born.

OK.....so Clay has a seasonal job that pays him millions who doesnt want to be with the team on game day

Gilmore should view his effort on the field as a "business" and not give it his all

Any other players you want to give a pass and expect a winning team?

Clay took a day off that was oked by coaches

Gilmore played great for how many years yet frag him for looking out for his future (maybe the Bills should have extended a player that has played very well for them for years instead of knee jerk extending a AVG QB that has been on the roster 1 year).

Edited by MAJBobby