CFB Playoff Rankings

26CornerBlitz

The only team I like is any team playing Bama. I can't stand them. I think Michigan had the best chance at beating them, based off how they play. Two bad throws by their QB against Ohio State killed their chances.

Honestly, I think Oklahoma had a legit argument to get in as well.

I just don't know what it says when you are Penn State when you win arguably the best conference and Ohio State and are left out. They would be the #2 in the BCS, but isn't the point of all of this to get away from that?

I just wish there was a clear understanding of what gets you in the playoffs and that didn't dimish conference play or the regular season setup.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only team I like is any team playing Bama. I can't stand them. I think Michigan had the best chance at beating them, based off how they play. Two bad throws by their QB against Ohio State killed their chances.

Honestly, I think Oklahoma had a legit argument to get in as well.

I just don't know what it says when you are Penn State when you win arguably the best conference and Ohio State and are left out. They would be the #2 in the BCS, but isn't the point of all of this to get away from that?

I just wish there was a clear understanding of what gets you in the playoffs and that didn't dimish conference play or the regular season setup.

Dude it's money. And all that bull **** about being able to recover from an early season loss is just that.

i think Sparty's performance last year in the playoffs burned the committee on letting in a conference champ that beat OSU head to head but may not have been the better team when it comes to matching up with the other conferences. They put them in and they got brutally exposed. They know that OSU team would have competed with Bama last year with all those NFL guys. Whether they can this year is another story... very young team, not sure they can get past Clemson but they earned the spot with the other wins they have this season.

Agreed. When there are only 4 teams, you have to use more common sense and best match-ups, regardless of conference championships. Open it up to 8 teams, then you gain the flexibility to be 'fairer'.

The CFB Playoffs are total nonsense. It's the only sport where winning a Conference Championship does nothing. 2 years ago the Pirates had the 2nd best regular season record. Didn't matter, they had to play in the Wild Card because the Card's had the best record. Here is the solution:

8 team playoffs. The 5 Power Conference Champs are automatically in, then 3 "wildcards." Solution. I'd actually like to see 12, but the current format is garbage. Hopefully this year will make them open it up to 8 or 12 teams. All the regular season games will still matter as the difference between 12 and 13 is still slim.

And note, I'm not a PSU fan. I'm actually a Syracuse fan, so I have no realistic "dog" in this other than wanting to see deserving teams get a shot.

Edited by RyanC883

Holy meltdown

@danmurphyESPN

Jim Harbaugh is a no-show for the Orange Bowl teleconference tonight. Hasn't spoken to reporters since his Ohio State post-game rant.

There is intense and then there is Jim Harbaugh. When it doesn't go his way he is borderline insane.

Michigan can pack their bags for the Poinsettia Bowl Barbarian, that ship sailed last week.

I really am neutral in all this, but if you look at the last 7-8 weeks, it seems like a no-brainer, PSU is the best team in the Big 10.

OSU did not win the Michigan game, it was handed to them, and the big M just has no claim. They have two conference losses, finished 3rd in their division, etc., etc. The team that won the conference should go; especially when the only other real option is a team they beat--and Michigan is not the other "real" option. Have fun in San Diego U of M.

I think Michigan would beat Penn St. again, Iowa was a fluke, which happens and is why there is a selection committee who should put Michigan in

The problem is they have 2 losses. They would be leaving out either a 1 loss conference champ (Washington) or a 1 loss team with the strongest resume in the country (OSU). PSU has had a solid season but I'd be really surprised if they are in the playoff. I think that they play USC in the Rose Bowl.

That would be a great game, battle of the teams that got hot late, I say that is a pick em game.

This is what it should look like:

(1) Alabama vs (8) Florida St

(2) Ohio St vs (7) Michigan

(3) Clemson vs (6) Oklahoma

(4) Washington vs (5) Penn State

You're not leaving out anybody who has a realistic chance to become champion by winning 3 straight against that level of competition.

And you get a big ol' pile of awesome football games.

Those would be fantastic but would rather not watch OSU Vs Mich so soon, switch them with Oklahoma

No surprises.

@AdamSchefter

1. Alabama 2. Clemson 3. Ohio State 4. Washington

Clemson 2?! F that

Holy meltdown

@danmurphyESPN

Jim Harbaugh is a no-show for the Orange Bowl teleconference tonight. Hasn't spoken to reporters since his Ohio State post-game rant.

I love it, drives everybody crazy and they don't even know :lol: