Seantrel Henderson suspended another 10 games

YoloinOhio

I think the NFL is just a tad bit different than your office. If your job entailed having 11 guys trying to beat the hell out of you every week to the point they can cripple you, you may think different. Basically their job is to do whatever they can do (within the rules) to recover from the pain they go through, but that often isn't enough.

I assume coaches aren't drug tested? If they were, I wonder how many who are ex-players would fail the tests? Could see coaches, say a guy like Ed Reed who likely has endured years of playing through pain, smoking some now after career is over to get rid of some of the never ending aches and pains. And maybe he has a prescription for it.

I'd be fine with letting players smoke from say Sunday night until Wednesday to relieve pain, but don't want them playing under the influence so would 100% test everyone on Saturday morning to make sure they are clean for the game, but have no idea if tests can be done to so time sensitive?

None of this is even relevant or up for debate.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the NFL is just a tad bit different than your office. If your job entailed having 11 guys trying to beat the hell out of you every week to the point they can cripple you, you may think different. Basically their job is to do whatever they can do (within the rules) to recover from the pain they go through, but that often isn't enough.

I assume coaches aren't drug tested? If they were, I wonder how many who are ex-players would fail the tests? Could see coaches, say a guy like Ed Reed who likely has endured years of playing through pain, smoking some now after career is over to get rid of some of the never ending aches and pains. And maybe he has a prescription for it.

I'd be fine with letting players smoke from say Sunday night until Wednesday to relieve pain, but don't want them playing under the influence so would 100% test everyone on Saturday morning to make sure they are clean for the game, but have no idea if tests can be done to so time sensitive?

my job involves getting the hell worked out of me. Leaving me in pain. Getting trampled. Getting drugged, kicked and stomped. I don't even use advil. Maybe I should smoke a dooby

Also, what are the players doing post career? Yoga? Stretches? Exercising? I know a few ex players. They all went down to regular weights. Workout and eat healthy. And exercise profusely.

If these players don't work out after their career I have nomercy

Again . Not even relevant to the discussion. Which is what happens when us professionals debate weed. You got the weed expert. And the medical expert. Both chime in foolishly

Edited by Boyst62

tne NFLPA will never push for reducing penalties for weed. When and if they do, and when they give up so much to get the NFL to do it... The league will lose fans as quick as can be

All those fantasy fans are going to leave in droves when the N.F.L relaxes pot rules. All casual fans are going to take a knee during the anthem in protest. And season ticket sales are going to plummet. Oh no! At least Monsanto and the Marley's will have some trippy ads during the game.

Edited by iinii

All those fantasy fans are going to leave in droves when the N.F.L relaxes pot rules. All casual fans are going to take a knee during the anthem in protest. And season ticket sales are going to plummet. Oh no! At least Monsanto and the Marley's will have some trippy ads during the game.

uhhhh what

Plants can be patented (https://www.uspto.gov/patents-getting-started/patent-basics/types-patent-applications/general-information-about-35-usc-161), so big pharma could actually make profits from cultivating marijuana, but they only invest resources into therapeutics that are efficacious.

This is not accurate. If the plant was just discovered or if has been genetically modified, it can be patented. Otherwise, no.

From the link you provided:

As noted in the last paragraph of the statute, the plant patent must also satisfy the general requirements of patentability. The subject matter of the application would be a plant which developed or discovered by applicant, and which has been found stable by asexual reproduction. To be patentable, it would also be required:

• That the person or persons filing the application are those who actually invented the claimed plant; i.e., discovered or developed and identified or isolated the plant, and asexually reproduced the plant.
  • That the plant has not been sold or released in the United States of America more than one year prior to the date of the application.

Not a single person will stop watching NFL because the players get access to medical marijuana.

You're trying too hard.

the disconnect between the middle class, average joe of this country and millionaire athletes is already quite large. Having them life the rock star lifestyle would just further separate and turn off fans that are already turning the game off

the disconnect between the middle class, average joe of this country and millionaire athletes is already quite large. Having them life the rock star lifestyle would just further separate and turn off fans that are already turning the game off

And smoking weed is symbolic of that? The average Joe is sparking up while watching. So try again please

And smoking weed is symbolic of that? The average Joe is sparking up while watching. So try again please

no. Why no, theyre not. Most have tried marijuana, by most studies but most Americans are not smoking marijuana regularly.

I can't wait until the traffic incidents skyrocket in legalzd states. Wait... they already have.

By the way,your basis for your nonsense comes from where? How many americans smoke weed casually, as in at least once a month.

Edited by Boyst62

They live the rock and roll lifestyle with the million dollar contracts already. What does marijuana have to do with that ?

So in summary You will be the only one tuning out but even then. No you won't. NFL is a bore this year and we still are watching

no. Why no, theyre not. Most have tried marijuana, by most studies but most Americans are not smoking marijuana regularly.

I can't wait until the traffic incidents skyrocket in legalzd states. Wait... they already have.

By the way,your basis for your nonsense comes from where? How many americans smoke weed casually, as in at least once a month.

It's more than you think.

It's more than you think.

and less than many think. The idea that million dollar athletes need to be entitled to a drug that is illegal (for now) and have special rights to it that every day Americans don't in their workplace is laughable.

and less than many think. The idea that million dollar athletes need to be entitled to a drug that is illegal (for now) and have special rights to it that every day Americans don't in their workplace is laughable.

the nba stopped testing and it's more popular than ever.