Bills vs. Bengals Postgame - Stayin' Alive

26CornerBlitz

Play calling isn't good enough

-8 inside the 5 yard line.

1st and goal at 3, 1st and goal at 5 and 2 passes!

3rd and 3 at 41 with 2:41 left in no timeouts answer pass!

The WR are terriblE

TT is horrible with accuracy and antipating throws.

Yeah stay in alive with no shot. This isn't a playoff team! Not even close

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RapSheet

Source: #Bengals WR AJ Green has a tear in his hamstring. MRI is coming, but it's believed to be significant. Not good.

@NickVeronica

1Q analysis: Offensive line holding up as missed XP has #Bills ahead 7-6; #Bengals A.J. Green injured: https://t.co/KHOJk7hHUz

2Q analysis: Bills finally get an interception, but can't capitalize – #Bengals 12, #Bills 10: https://t.co/8bHEoDS7YU

3Q Charles Clay's last catch of 10+ yards was in the Miami game on Oct. 23: https://twitter.com/TBNSports/status/800438173725757440

CxvIBhpVQAAmDz3.jpg
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Play calling isn't good enough

-8 inside the 5 yard line.

1st and goal at 3, 1st and goal at 5 and 2 passes!

3rd and 3 at 41 with 2:41 left in no timeouts answer pass!

The WR are terriblE

TT is horrible with accuracy and antipating throws.

Yeah stay in alive with no shot. This isn't a playoff team! Not even close

1) Yeah, 1st and goal at the 3/5 and we end up going for a few passes blew my mind, we had a successful drive that had some solid runs, and their front seven were gassed. The first run wasn't successful, so we immediately abandoned it for the pass. Made no damned sense.

2) And again, why abandon the pass with 2:40 left, and the Bengals without timeouts? If we don't get a first, at the very least we can let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning. Instead we gave them 30 extra seconds and a clock stoppage for their offense.

Both were terrible decisions by Lynn, and hopefully Rex or someone gives him a stern lecture about it, because you do not win football games on a regular basis by giving teams opportunities like that.

Bills win close one in Cincy

bengals-recap-story.jpg

After a close contest in Cincinnati, the Bills came away with a win.

@TBNSports

#Bills DBs get some redemption against #Bengals. @gggaughan's Hot Read at [bN] Blitz: http://ebx.sh/2g8XSWE

CxvLxpZXgAEfV7g.jpg

@TheBillsWire

WATCH: Five takeaways from the #Bills' 16-12 win over the #Bengals. http://usat.ly/2gbP1Bi

#GoBillsNFL_Season_2016_BUF.png

@BuffaloBillsPR

#Bills LB Zach Brown crossed the 1f4af.png tackle mark on the season with his 12 tackles. That's the first time he's surpassed the century mark.

@buffalobills

"We take pretty wins, we take ugly wins, we take wins however we can get them." - Football Player

CxvIAKpW8AEHgV2.jpg

Tyrod on taking hits on QB runs: "Whatever it takes to move the chains." 270a.png

CxvKcLIWEAEGtXp.jpg

Pretty pathetic watching ya'll B word about your football team that just won a game to stay alive.

I don't know about that....I watch a game to be entertained, not just for wins and losses.

And its not just entertainment....what we see today is part of the evaluation of what we think our team will be going forward.

It is very narrow minded to complain about others 'complaining' about a win...that is not what it is at all. What people are doing is making observations and comments about how enjoyable the game was to watch...and about how what they think things will be like in future games based on what we saw today.

Would you propose that after a win, ONLY positive comments about the game can be discussed, nothing else? Or should there be 2 different forums..one for discussing wins and losses, and one for discussing the aesthetics of the game and our opinions on how particular players played?

Edited by mjd1001

How did Seantrel and Groy look? Visiting in Cleveland so you know which game we watched.

OL played well overall. Seantrel rotated in and out with Mills but I didn't see anything particularly good or bad. Mills had one false start I believe.

Lewis Postgame News Conference: 11/20 (4:22)

Head Coach Marvin Lewis speaks to the media following the game against the Buffalo Bills.

Dalton Postgame News Conference: 11/20 (4:19)

QB Andy Dalton speaks to the media after the loss to the Buffalo Bills.

Nugent on performance vs Bills (2:52)
K Mike Nugent speaks to the media following the Bengals loss to the Buffalo Bills.

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan said he's feeling bad for himself with all the injuries the Buffalo Bills have had: http://trib.al/dKbiRwX

@salmaiorana

Here's my quarter-by-quarter analysis of the #Bills 16-12 victory over the Bengals. http://on.rocne.ws/2gbby1w

via @DandC

@BuffaloBillsPR

The #Bills improved their turnover ratio to +8 today--highlighted by having only turned the ball over six times on the season.

The @buffalobills six turnovers through 10 games is tied for the fewest in @NFL history.

Rex Ryan: "We Needed That One" (7:00)
HC Rex Ryan talks to the media following the Bills' 16-12 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals in Week 11.

Tyrod Taylor: "The Defense Had Our Back" (4:15)
QB Tyrod Taylor talks about the effort by the defense, losing Robert Woods and LeSean McCoy to injury, Ryan Groy filling in at center and more.

1) Yeah, 1st and goal at the 3/5 and we end up going for a few passes blew my mind, we had a successful drive that had some solid runs, and their front seven were gassed. The first run wasn't successful, so we immediately abandoned it for the pass. Made no damned sense.

2) And again, why abandon the pass with 2:40 left, and the Bengals without timeouts? If we don't get a first, at the very least we can let the clock run down to the 2 minute warning. Instead we gave them 30 extra seconds and a clock stoppage for their offense.

Both were terrible decisions by Lynn, and hopefully Rex or someone gives him a stern lecture about it, because you do not win football games on a regular basis by giving teams opportunities like that.

I'm not the biggest Rex fan, I but I do get his ground and pound philosophy, and I think this team can win if the coaching staff commits to it.

That's why the play calls you mention drive me crazy about this coaching staff.

If you claim to be a running team, and you spent the picks and acquired players to be a running team, you should call runs in key game situations. And I don't mean Reggie Bush option running plays, I mean Spencer Felton crash the middle running plays.

@TBNSports

#Bills were solid, but #Bengals' grades were hurt by a double-doink. @JaySkurski's Report Card at [bN] Blitz: http://ebx.sh/2g9a21V

CxvmVezXgAEWkWA.jpg

Kyle Williams: "We Didn't Waiver" (6:52)

DT Kyle Williams talks about his big tackle for loss, the gritty nature of the win and what having Marcell Dareus back meant for the defense.

What they're saying: Bills players react to their win in Cincinnati

1120-wts-bills-bengals.jpg

Tyrod Taylor, Rex Ryan, Corey Graham and Preston Brown discuss the Bills fifth win of the season in Cincinnati.

I don't know about that....I watch a game to be entertained, not just for wins and losses.

And its not just entertainment....what we see today is part of the evaluation of what we think our team will be going forward.

It is very narrow minded to complain about others 'complaining' about a win...that is not what it is at all. What people are doing is making observations and comments about how enjoyable the game was to watch...and about how what they think things will be like in future games based on what we saw today.

Would you propose that after a win, ONLY positive comments about the game can be discussed, nothing else? Or should there be 2 different forums..one for discussing wins and losses, and one for discussing the aesthetics of the game and our opinions on how particular players played?

Nah, it's more than that. We just won a must win road game vs a team that has owned us for the last several years. This place looks like somebody died, and everyone is posting in the yeezy threads about firing Rex and saying 'we shoulda lost again'. This place is losing it's way.