Bright Side of Weed Legalization In Certain States

PolishDave

Agree to a degree. I've never been really hurt and have had to pop any pills though.

I can't fathom why one would try heroin or even get hooked on blow. Responsibility comes first.

Until you've dealt with overwhelming chronic pain that goes on 24/7 with no relief ever it's just impossible to describe what it does to you. I've been on and off Oxy 6-7 times (multiple back surgeries) and can totally see where people develop a dependency on them. When you have to go multiple weeks at a time taking 15mg of that crap every 4 hours just to get 2 hrs of manageable pain in the middle of each dose, you really start to understand what it's like to actually need something instead of just wanting it. Post-surgery when t's time to stop taking them that shlt definitely messes with your head and you find yourself rationalizing why it makes sense to keep taking what you have left when the pain isn't really all that bad anymore. Even when you know it's coming and you are totally aware of why you're feeling that powerful urge, your mind will just not stop trying to provide you with reasons to go ahead and have another one. I have a reputation among people that know me for being tougher than a whale bone and it still takes a significant application of willpower for me to stick that little bottle back in my sock drawer when it's time to be done with it. Despite the opinions of the uninformed, it has nothing to do with being soft when your brain chemistry is totally working against you at every waking moment. And lest I come off as some anti-drug scold, let me clarify that I am not condemning these meds at all; for me they've been lifesavers because I have little doubt I'd have permanently checked out of this loony bin if I hadn't had them. I'm just trying to explain in my ham-handed way how this isn't about being weak or soft, it's about what these chemicals do to your brain, no matter how bad an ass you may be.

I should say the same! You're supposed to be the bad guy here! You're like everyone's most hated mod. ...... for whatever reason people love to go after you.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with my complete lack of diplomatic skills!

I'm also sure it's only a co-incidence that the posters who want to wring my neck come almost exclusively from PPP.

I don't call him beef jerkoff for nothing, you know.

:lol:

If I had any intention of ever paying attention to the guy again, I'd be borrowing that for sure.

Edited by Simon

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to break it to some of you but millions of people smoke pot now. If it were as deadly as you seem to believe, there would be news stories about people dying from weed.

This post would make sense if anyone was saying pot was deadly.

I can't fathom why one would try heroin or even get hooked on blow. Responsibility comes first.

You've obviously never tried heroin or coke. LOL

You like your weed of course but that buzz is kid's stuff by comparison. :D

Cocaine VERY enticing.

Even at my worst i'd never have tried heroin.

I think he was talking more about how difficult his life and career was as a heroin dealer (seriously, but I'm not positive - he did previously say he sold it). Apparently it's hard to keep your market share. I admit to not knowing that aspect. I won't hold it personally against anyone caught up the hell of addiction. It can make you do terrible things. But the fact is, some people who come through it just happen to be jerks.

Oh I've done coke as I spent a few years in the bartending/waiter game. It's pretty enjoyable but I can do one or two lines a night as opposed to every 5 minutes like these maniacs like to do.

I can do it once every few years and don't really care because Im not addicted like the must blow lines all weekend and not sleep crowd.

You've done heroin with a needle and a belt ? I'm unable to cross that line. Or give blood

Edited by Ryan L Billz

With respect to opiate addiction, have you folks heard about the 'rat park' study? The original study had rats in a cage with heroin or cocaine water, food, and regular water. The rats got addicted to the drugged water and used it repeatedly and exclusively until they eventually died.

The rat park study gave the rats the same food and water choices but also didn't restrict them to their cage - they were free to do other things and allowed to mingle with other rats. The addiction rates were far lower than the original study. The conclusion was that having social interactions and a real life had a huge impact on addiction

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-hari/the-real-cause-of-addicti_b_6506936.html

From the article

But in the 1970s, a professor of Psychology in Vancouver called Bruce Alexander noticed something odd about this experiment. The rat is put in the cage all alone. It has nothing to do but take the drugs. What would happen, he wondered, if we tried this differently? So Professor Alexander built Rat Park. It is a lush cage where the rats would have colored balls and the best rat-food and tunnels to scamper down and plenty of friends: everything a rat about town could want. What, Alexander wanted to know, will happen then?

In Rat Park, all the rats obviously tried both water bottles, because they didn’t know what was in them. But what happened next was startling.

The rats with good lives didn’t like the drugged water. They mostly shunned it, consuming less than a quarter of the drugs the isolated rats used. None of them died. While all the rats who were alone and unhappy became heavy users, none of the rats who had a happy environment did.

He was referring to heroin not pot.

You've done heroin with a needle and a belt ? I'm unable to cross that line. Or give blood

I have no problem giving blood. I actually watch them poke me and the blood gushing into the tube. Now jabbing a needle in my own arm? Are you nucking futz? We snorted it.

I think he was talking more about how difficult his life and career was as a heroin dealer (seriously, but I'm not positive - he did previously say he sold it). Apparently it's hard to keep your market share. I admit to not knowing that aspect. I won't hold it personally against anyone caught up the hell of addiction. It can make you do terrible things. But the fact is, some people who come through it just happen to be jerks.

He was referring to heroin not pot.

I have no problem giving blood. I actually watch them poke me and the blood gushing into the tube. Now jabbing a needle in my own arm? Are you nucking futz? We snorted it.

Sorry if I misunderstood. Johnny Hammersticks seemed to think he was talking about weed too.

Until you've dealt with overwhelming chronic pain that goes on 24/7 with no relief ever it's just impossible to describe what it does to you. I've been on and off Oxy 6-7 times (multiple back surgeries) and can totally see where people develop a dependency on them. When you have to go multiple weeks at a time taking 15mg of that crap every 4 hours just to get 2 hrs of manageable pain in the middle of each dose, you really start to understand what it's like to actually need something instead of just wanting it. Post-surgery when t's time to stop taking them that shlt definitely messes with your head and you find yourself rationalizing why it makes sense to keep taking what you have left when the pain isn't really all that bad anymore. Even when you know it's coming and you are totally aware of why you're feeling that powerful urge, your mind will just not stop trying to provide you with reasons to go ahead and have another one. I have a reputation among people that know me for being tougher than a whale bone and it still takes a significant application of willpower for me to stick that little bottle back in my sock drawer when it's time to be done with it. Despite the opinions of the uninformed, it has nothing to do with being soft when your brain chemistry is totally working against you at every waking moment. And lest I come off as some anti-drug scold, let me clarify that I am not condemning these meds at all; for me they've been lifesavers because I have little doubt I'd have permanently checked out of this loony bin if I hadn't had them. I'm just trying to explain in my ham-handed way how this isn't about being weak or soft, it's about what these chemicals do to your brain, no matter how bad an ass you may be.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with my complete lack of diplomatic skills!

I'm also sure it's only a co-incidence that the posters who want to wring my neck come almost exclusively from PPP.

:lol:

If I had any intention of ever paying attention to the guy again, I'd be borrowing that for sure.

from brief chatting to many. The PPP folks doñ t care enough to not like you. There are a bunch of tsw who don't like ya

from brief chatting to many. The PPP folks doñ t care enough to not like you. There are a bunch of tsw who don't like ya

Well I guess that just means that aside from 3 mods, the PPP crew are the only ones who've had the stones to come right out with it.

Props to them. :thumbsup:

Edited by Simon

Oh I've done coke as I spent a few years in the bartending/waiter game. It's pretty enjoyable but I can do one or two lines a night as opposed to every 5 minutes like these maniacs like to do.

I can do it once every few years and don't really care because Im not addicted like the must blow lines all weekend and not sleep crowd.

I did it maybe a dozen or so times in my 20s. I HAD to stop it, because it's that good. At least to me. Of course it helped that I was impoverished and couldn't afford it.

If you bothered to read no one was talking about marijuana in those recent posts they were talking about heroin. I used to sell heroin so I know more about this then everyone here.

Can't blame the MJ... The kid obviously has personal problems probably stemming from his family. Marijuana just happened to be his excuse.

This is why you can't properly talk about things like this you get stories like these that paint something bad when in reality it is the person that needs to be fixed. He hid his problems when he got a job but they can't hide forever.

No there were definitely personality changes with him post smoking MJ but not expecting an (ex-)dealer to understand that.