Tyrod is thriving and Flacco is ailing

Chilly

Was well known in Baltimore that in scrimmages "Team Tyrod" - mostly the # 2 O players regularly beat "Team Flacco" - the #1's. That's why Kubiack (Ravens OC in TT's last season) offered TT twice as much as Buffalo to be Manning's backup in Denver. As has been posted here, TT turned it down to take a chance on himself to be a starter. It's his agent's job and living to negotiate the best deal for TT going forward but I believe that the person TT doesn't give a crap about money at this stage of his career.

Aside from Flacco's durability during those 4 seasons, it's also the reason TT never got a start and only 35 pass attempts in over 65 games. Flacco and his agent didn't want the fans or the NFL world to see how good TT was.

Numbers in a very thorough study as posted by the OP bear that out.

Flacco has been beat up the past two years. Last year he was hit on almost every dropback. He is overpaid for sure, but he is a good Quarterback.

Agree. Baltimore was loaded at QB without the fans really knowing or appreciating it.

Crappy Karma that the season TT bails after his rookie contract was over, the injury bug hit Joe.

Tough situation all the way around for Joe and Ravens fans.

Bills are the benefactor...

he's less mobile than Bledoe with half the heart. As long as he gets a pick six from his defense they give up less than 10 and Ravens score on special teams then he's a "good" quarterback. And he gets those things a lot

Might wanna check history for "playoff Flacco" he threw bomb after bomb and beat Brady/Manning etc.

His last playoff game he threw 4td's fwiw.

And as far as ailing goes he's 5-4 with 600 more passing yards than Taylor.

Flacco > Taylor by a country mile. Let's get over .500, then maybe we can open talks.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

he's less mobile than Bledoe with half the heart. As long as he gets a pick six from his defense they give up less than 10 and Ravens score on special teams then he's a "good" quarterback. And he gets those things a lot

it's what we're supposed to be about. top 5 defense and a managing offense that doesn't lose games. they've had a top 11 run game every year except 2013, 2015(when he tore his acl) and this year where he is having a bad year having to do more. balt wins with defense, running and solid qb play. that is team ball.

I wouldn't exactly say Tyrod is thriving. I guess if you weren't a Bills fan and have only seen him play on MNF you might think that.

did you bother to read the article? the numbers provided show that TT is doing much better, with much less talent to work with. yes, comp percentage could be better, but these are numbers. maybe non Bills fans are less pessimistic and see the improvement and potential, rather than calling for house cleaning.

Edited by 87168

Might wanna check history for "playoff Flacco" he threw bomb after bomb and beat Brady/Manning etc.

His last playoff game he threw 4td's fwiw.

And as far as ailing goes he's 5-4 with 600 more passing yards than Taylor.

Flacco > Taylor by a country mile. Let's get over .500, then maybe we can open talks.

100% this.

did you bother to read the article? the numbers provided show that TT is doing much better, with much less talent to work with. yes, comp percentage could be better, but these are numbers. maybe Bills fans are less pessimistic and see the improvement and potential, rather than calling for house cleaning.

I read the article. I also watch the actual games as well and still wouldn't say Tyrod is thriving.

Edited by Bangarang