Trump Broken Promises thread

GG

42 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Your ideas about cannabis are antiquated. Probably many of your ideas are. 

My ideas on cannabis are based on the empirical observation that the biggest argument against the legalization of marijuana is the general dopiness of its advocates.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Mattis did endorse Trump and I think nothing of it. 

I didnt vote for president this election. I personally Hillary more than words can express and I never trusted Trump and I didn’t want electing him on my hands. 

That said, first and foremost to me is the military. I’d argue Maddog feels the same way. Do you know what happened to the military during the Clinton years? It was horribly funded and maligned. That’s why servicemembers are overwhelmingly conservative. Democrats despise the military and resent its existence. 

You're speaking out of both sides of your mouth now because you know your argument is bunk. Move the goal posts all you wish and we still end up with the same two choices... 

Duty nor service to country required Mattis to endorse Trump. He did it on his own accord. A man like Mattis is not a person who wastes his time or endorses those who he doesn't believe in fully. This isn't speculation. It's a fact. If you've ever spent time in the man's presence you'd know this.

Mattis didn't endorse for Trump because Trump is a conservative (Trump isn't a conservative), he didn't endorse Trump because he thought he was going to win and needed to be there to help the "retarded" old man with early onset dementia for the betterment of the country. That's fantasy. To think either of those things is true is to completely misunderstand the type of man Mattis is. 

So we're back to where we started: 

Either Mattis is a fool who endorsed an unstable and unfit man for the highest office in the land, or you're the fool who is blindly believing unsubstantiated gossip rather than the evidence. 

CD/TDS is a tough malady to suffer from. It makes your brain think silly things. Be better. Be smarter.  

23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're speaking out of both sides of your mouth now because you know your argument is bunk. Move the goal posts all you wish and we still end up with the same two choices... 

Duty nor service to country required Mattis to endorse Trump. He did it on his own accord. A man like Mattis is not a person who wastes his time or endorses those who he doesn't believe in fully. This isn't speculation. It's a fact. If you've ever spent time in the man's presence you'd know this.

Mattis didn't endorse for Trump because Trump is a conservative (Trump isn't a conservative), he didn't endorse Trump because he thought he was going to win and needed to be there to help the "retarded" old man with early onset dementia for the betterment of the country. That's fantasy. To think either of those things is true is to completely misunderstand the type of man Mattis is. 

Either Mattis is a fool who endorsed an unstable and unfit man for the highest office in the land, or you're the fool who is blindly believing unsubstantiated gossip rather than the evidence. 

CD/TDS is a tough malady to suffer from. It makes your brain think silly things. Be better. Be smarter.  

I know Marines who worked with Mattis.  They have differing opinions on the man...but they all have strong opinions, and all agree that he would not suffer fools gladly.

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I refuse to believe a man as well spoken, as well read, as selfless as Jim Mattis respects Trump. 

As goes the military so goes America. Who would be better for the military, Trump or Hillary. 

‘Speaking out both sides of your mouth’ is another way for sayin ‘your argument is complex and I don’t like it.’ 

If you want to think a man like Mattis respects a man like Trump that’s fine. I do not. 

His handling of Trumps infamous tweet where he stated transvestites wouldn’t be allowed into Fight Club illustrates my point. Trump tweeted something; Jim then went to the pentagon and stated ‘that’s not how we do business, directives don’t come from Tweets.’ Not exactly the fawning subordinate you make him out to be for Trump. 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

I know Marines who worked with Mattis.  They have differing opinions on the man...but they all have strong opinions, and all agree that he would not suffer fools gladly.

Yup. The same has been said by men I've spoken with who served directly under him, Flynn, McMaster, Kelly and Rogers.

Of all of them, Flynn was the only one universally "loved", but they all were universally respected and believed to be intolerant of fools. 

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

I refuse to believe a man as well spoken, as well read, as selfless as Jim Mattis respects Trump. 

It is an absolute fact that Mattis respects Donald Trump. But you "refuse to believe" something that's entirely true because you're suffering from CD/TDS... just like I've been saying. 

Now that you've admitted you have a problem, the next step is to admit you need help. :P:beer:

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Narcissists are always funniest when they're wrong.  About just about everything.

I hope this guy sticks around.  It's going to be even more hilarious after he realizes he's wrong, and shamelessly adopts the point of view he's been arguing against, claiming credit for it's original thought.

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

My ideas on cannabis are based on the empirical observation that the biggest argument against the legalization of marijuana is the general dopiness of its advocates.

Tom, I could trounce you in a debate with a joint in one hand and Jack Daniels in the other. That’s how I roll. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It is an absolute fact that Mattis respects Donald Trump. But you "refuse to believe" something that's entirely true because you're suffering from CD/TDS... just like I've been saying. 

Now that you've admitted you have a problem, the next step is to admit you need help. :P:beer:

Jim Mattis is a stoic. Stoics don’t like chauvinistic megolomaniacs. They just don’t. So you can close your eyes and pretend Trump and Mattis swap spit but it’s just not true. 

Jim Mattis is a stoic. Stoics don’t like chauvinistic megolomaniacs. They just don’t. So you can close your eyes and pretend Trump and Mattis swap spit but it’s just not true. 

I don't have to pretend anything. The simple fact Mattis is working for Trump is all the proof I need. Or anyone who knows the type of person Mattis really is needs. 

You're wrong. And it's not a matter of opinion.

Tom, I could trounce you in a debate with a joint in one hand and Jack Daniels in the other. That’s how I roll. 

Only because I'd die laughing.  You're feeble and pathetic.

Please.  You've never even met the man.

You know what the trick is to being smart?  It's not repeating "I'm smarter than everyone."  It's knowing what you don't know.  

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

I don't have to pretend anything. The simple fact Mattis is working for Trump is all the proof I need. Or anyone who knows the type of person Mattis really is needs. 

But maybe he has inside sources.  Next he'll probably tell us where the new stadium is being built...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I worked for Obama’s when I was in the Army. He was the boss. I worked for him ?????

Mattis would have said yes to Hillary. 

4 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Please.  You've never even met the man.

I never met Alexander Hamilton but after reading the Federalist Papers I can tell you all about his personality and thought process. But whatever you need to tell yourself. 

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I worked for Obama’s when I was in the Army. He was the boss. I worked for him ?????

Mattis would have said yes to Hillary. 

I never met Alexander Hamilton but after reading the Federalist Papers I can tell you all about his personality and thought process. But whatever you need to tell yourself. 

No, you can't.  You can only tell me about what he wrote in the Federalist Papers.  You can't know someone from their writing, you can only know what they write.

That's exactly what I'm talking about - knowing what you don't know.  

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, you can't.  You can only tell me about what he wrote in the Federalist Papers.  You can't know someone from their writing, you can only know what they write.

That's exactly what I'm talking about - knowing what you don't know.  

I cant know what Alexander Hamilton thought, felt, and advocated by reading what Alexander Hamilton wrote about what he thought, felt, and advocated. S-m-r-t ?

51 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

I cant know what Alexander Hamilton thought, felt, and advocated by reading what Alexander Hamilton wrote about what he thought, felt, and advocated. S-m-r-t ?

From Good Will Hunting:

"So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that."

10 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

From Good Will Hunting:

"So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that."

I miss Robin Williams?

6 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Very few people respect thin skinned narcissists, as you probably know.   Has nothing to do whether people work for them, though.

• Like (+1) 1

VICTOR DAVIS HANSON: President Nobama: Trump is commonsensically undoing, piece by piece, the main components of Obama’s legacy.

“Donald Trump continues to baffle. Never Trump Republicans still struggle to square the circle of quietly agreeing so far with most of his policies, as they loudly insist that his record is already nullified by its supposedly odious author.

Or surely it soon will be discredited by the next Trumpian outrage.................. Or his successes belong to congressional and Cabinet members, while his failures are all his own.

Rarely do they seriously reflect on what otherwise over the last year might have been the trajectory of a Clinton administration.”

I find that Trump looks a lot better if you focus on what he does, as opposed to the bullsh*t  he tweets, and nonsense that people say about him

Trump allowed the government to shutdown due to his inconsistent positions, and inability to stick to agreements made with Democrats. He’s trying to blame Democrats, when in fact he previously said it was the president who was ultimately to blame for a lack of an agreement to fund the government.

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/homenews/administration/369756-trumps-comments-blaming-obama-for-2013-government-shutdown-resurface%3famp

President Trump's comments about the 2013 government shutdown during the Obama administration have resurfaced as the federal government races toward a shutdown of its own.

Trump spoke to "Fox & Friends" in 2013 and was asked who would be fired during a government shutdown, as shown in a clip posted by "Morning Joe."

"Well, if you say who gets fired it always has to be the top," Trump said. "I mean, problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top and the president's the leader. And he's got to get everybody in a room and he's got to lead."

He said that further down in history, "when they talk about the government shutdown, they're going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time."

"They're not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who's running things in Washington," Trump said.

"So I really think the pressure is on the president," he added.

• Like (+1) 1