Trump Broken Promises thread

GG

At what point does this turn into the "Trump Kept Promises Thread", with GG turning into a pumpkin?

I'm curious. I'll check back in 3 months to see how many kept vs broken. So far, this thread strains credibility. Especially given that today Trump kept a promise to recognize Jerusalem as as the Capital of Israel, after the past 3 presidents broke their specifically stated campaign promises to do so, even when Congress overwhelmingly passed a resolution to do so in 1995.

Those Obama era methane regulations? Nevermind

cattle-hereford-race-boi-thumb.jpg

FTA:

The two key phrases here to watch are, “delayed by one year” and, more to the point, “requirements that may be rescinded or significantly revised in the near future.” In other words, at some point between now and January of 2019 that new rule is almost certainly going away or being changed to match scientific reality. (My money is on the latter.)

As we’ve discussed here in the past. the government’s own scientists have shot down the complaint that those methane regulations were supposedly addressing. That’s precisely what drove the current lawsuit against the government over this matter. The mandatory reductions were going to cost a fortune and would not significantly impact the perceived problem.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:36 PM, B-Man said:

Allegations of Illegal Sale of Fetal Tissue Shut Down Two California-based Companies

“This settlement seized all profits from DV Biologics and DaVinci Biosciences, which they acquired by viewing body parts as a commodity and illegally selling fetal tissues for valuable consideration.”

If this bill passes, Trump-GOP will have:

•Repealed the ACA individual mandate

•Cut taxes by $1.5 trillion

•Opened up ANWR to oil drilling

•Put Neil Gorsuch on the Supreme Court

•Confirmed a dozen appellate judges

•Killed a lot of regulations

This is not a trivial agenda.

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Don't forget they hacked the election

Please stick the narrative

42 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Plenty more to add. ISIS on the run, Middle East policy huge improvement over 44, relations with Russia far better than they’ve been in a long time, North Korea slowly getting econmically strangled. I’ve said it before, history won’t be kind to 44. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Yet to me, his greatest achievement ever was he kept Hillary out of the White House. 

Add that to the 81 and then add these:

He beat the Bush family machine.

He beat the Clinton family machine. 

He beat the Democrat establishment machine.

He beat the Republican establishment machine. 

No small feat any of those, I'd say.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How is the wonderful magnificent rebuild and support of Puerto Rico going?  

Asking for for a friend 

I heard it was a huge issue for Donny. 

Power has been largely restored, and clean water is no longer a major issue, which in an of itself is very impressive given a near zero percent access rate with almost 100% of all infrastructure destroyed only 2 1/2 months ago.

In addition to that achievement, the Federal response has included directing nearly 1b in personal aid to individual victims through FEMA, and restoring the decimated ports allowing the rebuild to begin.

To give you some idea of the scope of the project, a close friend of mine was a project manager with Gilbane when the Jersey shore was devastated a few years ago.  The logistics weren't anywhere near as challenging as attempting to deliver aid to a island with no ports and no other access, and the rebuild took years.

What, exactly, is your expectation?

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I had heard that power is still out I places and not every one has clean water.  

Just asking like I said.  

Could you provide a link?

Just asking.

and even if you can..............What, exactly, is your expectation? ...............that required an update to the thread

43 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I had heard that power is still out I places and not every one has clean water.  

Just asking like I said.  

About 30% of the island still lacks basic utilities.

Which means a HELL of a lot has been accomplished.