Need your lock of the week

BLZFAN4LIFE

Having a hard time making my survivor pick. A lot of tight matchups this week. A few games featuring terrible teams. I just don't have a strong feeling on any of them. Thinking about the Redskins at home. I haven't used N.E. yet, but Seattle has a pretty good defense and I think the Pats are due for a letdown. I can't use the teams in lowercase. No point spread involved. Suggestions (with analysis) would be appreciated.

hou @ JAX

L.A. @ JETS

G.B. @ TEN

MIN @ WASH

atl @ PHIL

den @ N.O.

K.C. @ CAR.

CHI @ T.B.

mia @ S.D.

dal @ PITT

S.F. @ ariz

SEA. @ N.E.

cin @ NYG

It's an $880 dollar pot and 7 people left. Two already won on Thursday night.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tampa Bay is getting healthy, Winston is practicing, Evans cleared protocol and even Doug Martin made an appearance in practice. It may be that I just can't imagine a second good game from Cutler and Bears backup offensive linemen but I think Tampa wins this one.

Don't over think it. We hate the Patriots, I know I have a hard time picking them too. They are playing a wounded Seattle team who is traveling cross country on a short week. Brady is going to torch them and the Pats D is more disciplined than we are. Russel won't be getting those easy chunk plays. Pats win this by 10. Seattle's Oline is garbage and CMike is one of the worst starting RB's playing Sunday.

I like TB a little bit. Washington or the Jets makes some sense too. I'd be careful using any road teams. Even bad teams in the NFL win a few games (with the possible exception of Cleveland). The majority of those winnable games are played at home (at least I would think). TB would be who I would use in your shoes.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Winston is 9-15 as a starter and Chicago beat the Bucs last year in Tampa. I love Winston and Evans but I'm not putting my money in his hands. This will also be Doug Martins first game in over a month.

Yeah I couldn't bet on a TB team that is as bipolar as this one. I also couldn't bet against the Seahawks as they are money in November and on prime time (even if the league helps a bit).

Yeah I couldn't bet on a TB team that is as bipolar as this one. I also couldn't bet against the Seahawks as they are money in November and on prime time (even if the league helps a bit).

Pats were 7.5 point favorites when I looked earlier in the week. Don't let your heart enter into the gambling arena it gets very costly very fast. Patriots are hands down the best team in the NFL and with Seattle coming east and leavening Bennett and Rawls at home...no way. Never mind it's a short week for them.

That is a tough week. Good luck no matter what you do.

I agree with those say NE is at an advantage but they have had some losses to NFC teams unexpectedly if you look back. It may be they put more focus into games that wouldn't hurt their tiebreaker scenarios.

I can see:

NE

CAR

WASH

JETS

I see danger in each of those. I added Carolina to the list because they seem to me to be getting hot and they are at home. KC is not the easiest of opponents though.

Other teams I think will win but are even dicier:

SD - I think Miami's run will be over soon....this week?

Jax - I don't like them but I think Hou stinks

TB - What everyone else said

NYG - Cincy just ok but NYG not great. I think they'll win but no way would I play this one.

Wait, you haven't used NE and aren't picking them at home against an NFC team that just played a very physical game on a Monday night and will travel 3,000 miles for what will feel like a 9 a.m. game to them?

Pick the Pats.

It's the Sunday night game

San Diego

If it wasn't for a few miraculous comebacks, the Chargers would be 6-3 and quite possibly 7-2.

Joey Bosa has changed their defense. They've won 3 of the last 4, including wins against Denver and Atlanta.

The Dolphins have played their last 4 games at home, winning their last two by a combined 7 points. They are 0-3 on the road, losing those games by a combined 24 points.

San Diego haven't given up a 100yd rusher all season and rank 5th in rushing yards allowed per game.

If Miami struggles to run the ball, Tannehill will be forced to throw.

On the flip side, Miami has the leagues 30th ranked rushing defense going up against Melvin Gordon who ranks 3rd in rushing in the NFL.

I like the Chargers in a rout.

Edited by pi2000

I'm going with NE in mine. NE off a bye and Seatle has a short week, they are beat up and it's a west to east coast game.

Was thinking about using Balt last night, now wishing I did...

Agreed on both counts and would add S.D. to the mix. West Coast teams do well in East Coast night games but not this week. Edited by iinii