• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stupid Election Backlash

A Revealing Christmas Controversy

by David French

For a few hours today, liberal Twitter actually thought that the Republican National Committee either called Donald Trump our “new King” or compared Trump to Jesus. In fact, liberal Twitter might still think the RNC called Trump a King. Why? Because of this Christmas statement:

Merry Christmas to all! Over two millennia ago, a new hope was born into the world, a Savior who would offer the promise of salvation to all mankind. Just as the three wise men did on that night, this Christmas heralds a time to celebrate the good news of a new King. We hope Americans celebrating Christmas today will enjoy a day of festivities and a renewed closeness with family and friends.

Even as we celebrate, we must also remember those among us who are less fortunate. Many on this day are without hope, and need the kindness and compassion of those around them. It is our prayer we will rise to meet the material, emotional, and spiritual needs of individuals all around us, and what better day is there to love our fellow man than today?

As we open presents, enjoy Christmas dinner, and celebrate our own family traditions, we are mindful of our men and women in uniform. Many are stationed around the world today protecting our freedoms, and cannot be with their own spouses, children, parents, and siblings. We express the deepest gratitude for service that takes them away from celebrating with loved ones, and we ought to remember them in our thoughts and prayers not just on Christmas Day, but the whole year round.

Eagle-eyed mainstream media theologians spotted this sentence — “Just as the three wise men did on that night, this Christmas heralds a time to celebrate the good news of a new King” – and apparently immediately thought, “The Republicans actually think that ‘this Christmas’ they have a ‘new King’ named . . . Donald Trump!”

Yes, they thought that.

The Raw Story collects a ridiculous number of tweets, including from smart people like Jonathan Chait (retweeting another smart person, Washington Post writer and Tufts University professor Dan Drezner)

I have two reactions to this strange little controversy. First, are these folks really so ignorant of Christian language and customs that they don’t understand that the “new King” is Christ? I’ve heard that phrase countless times. “King” is capitalized for crying out loud — a clear reference to the divine.

Two weeks ago, New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet told NPR’s Terry Gross, “I think that the New York–based, and Washington-based too, probably, media powerhouses don’t quite get religion.” ......................Yup, and this tiny tempest is Exhibit A.

Next, do liberal journalists and pundits really think so little of the RNC that they actually believe they’d call Trump a king? Do they really think they’d compare the president-elect to Jesus? Apparently so, and that’s a big problem. They’re not even granting the RNC the presumption of rationality. Indeed, they presume the opposite – that their political opponents are delusional.

Compared to the vast majority of the controversies of 2016, this little Twitter dustup is small change, but I’m afraid it’s indicative of the kind of leftist discourse we’ll see in the Trump years. Everything will be suspect. There will be no sense of proportion. The outrage meter will always be on – and dialed to the highest sensitivity.

If the Left wants everyone but their base to tune them out, I can think of no better way.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/443338/strange-and-revealing-christmas-controversy

Obama Hilariously Points Finger At The Media For Trump Winning Rural America

President Obama is a funny man. The reason being is it’s funny listening to a Democrat blame the media for any of their troubles. The media went out of their way to cover for Obama on a variety of fronts, Now, Obama is pointing the finger of blame at the press for Trump doing so well with rural voters:

“Tom — Tom Vilsack, my agriculture secretary from Iowa. We — we devoted more attention, more focus, put more resources into rural America than has — has been the case probably for the last two, three decades,” Obama told David Axelrod, a White House senior adviser, in an interview for CNN.

“And — and it paid great dividends, but you just wouldn’t know that, that’s not something that you would see on the nightly news,” Obama said.

“And so we’ve got to figure out how do we show people and communicate in a way that is visceral and — and makes an emotional connection as opposed to just the facts,” Obama continued, “because the facts are all in dispute these days.”

Obama’s comments reveal the mindset of the modern leftist. “Put more resources” means “Spent more money.” If it paid great dividends, people would know, Mr. President. Instead, you’re assuming they’re clueless on just how much you did for them because they can’t deal with “facts.” They need the “emotional connection.”

The President, like most Democrats, believe spending a lot of money is a solution. They “invest” $6.5 billion in one year. Nobody sees the supposed “benefits, ” and they’re dumbfounded to learn people aren’t eager to vote for them.

It is always the same with Democrats when they lose. “We’re the best. Our ideas are the best. Our policies are the best. We’re the bestest best-best of all the rest! It’s just voters are too dumb to see it. So we need to communicate better with the rural simps, and then we’ll win!”

The message the Democrats have sent these rural voters since the election, is two-fold:

1. “These hayseeds in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Iowa, and Pennsylvania don’t deserve to have their candidate win because their betters in California and New York have spoken!”
  2. “These dummies just don’t get how good they have it with us. We need to communicate better to these morons. Otherwise, they won’t vote for us.”

Sure, that will work.

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/12/26/obama-hilariously-points-finger-media-trump-winning-rural-america/

Obama Hilariously Points Finger At The Media For Trump Winning Rural America

President Obama is a funny man. The reason being is it’s funny listening to a Democrat blame the media for any of their troubles. The media went out of their way to cover for Obama on a variety of fronts, Now, Obama is pointing the finger of blame at the press for Trump doing so well with rural voters:

“Tom — Tom Vilsack, my agriculture secretary from Iowa. We — we devoted more attention, more focus, put more resources into rural America than has — has been the case probably for the last two, three decades,” Obama told David Axelrod, a White House senior adviser, in an interview for CNN.

“And — and it paid great dividends, but you just wouldn’t know that, that’s not something that you would see on the nightly news,” Obama said.

“And so we’ve got to figure out how do we show people and communicate in a way that is visceral and — and makes an emotional connection as opposed to just the facts,” Obama continued, “because the facts are all in dispute these days.”

Obama’s comments reveal the mindset of the modern leftist. “Put more resources” means “Spent more money.” If it paid great dividends, people would know, Mr. President. Instead, you’re assuming they’re clueless on just how much you did for them because they can’t deal with “facts.” They need the “emotional connection.”

The President, like most Democrats, believe spending a lot of money is a solution. They “invest” $6.5 billion in one year. Nobody sees the supposed “benefits, ” and they’re dumbfounded to learn people aren’t eager to vote for them.

It is always the same with Democrats when they lose. “We’re the best. Our ideas are the best. Our policies are the best. We’re the bestest best-best of all the rest! It’s just voters are too dumb to see it. So we need to communicate better with the rural simps, and then we’ll win!”

The message the Democrats have sent these rural voters since the election, is two-fold:

1. “These hayseeds in Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Iowa, and Pennsylvania don’t deserve to have their candidate win because their betters in California and New York have spoken!”
  2. “These dummies just don’t get how good they have it with us. We need to communicate better to these morons. Otherwise, they won’t vote for us.”

Sure, that will work.

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/12/26/obama-hilariously-points-finger-media-trump-winning-rural-america/

Simply deplorable, eh?

After the Stimulous© there were signs placed along the the road, next to a building, or wherever got money from the Simulous®

Trump should do the same with Tesla. Put up a sign, sign, everywhere a sign

For all the signs I saw saying "Project funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act," the only actual work I ever saw done was putting up the signs.

For all the signs I saw saying "Project funded by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act," the only actual work I ever saw done was putting up the signs.

The house that I owned at the time of the ARRA was in a desirable neighborhood, in a nice town, at the end of a culdesac with very little auto traffic, and no foot traffic.

The top of the street entered into the neighboorhood through about 1/8 a mile of town owned woods.

One day, on my way home from work, I noticed a huge sign at the end of the woods where the first yard was.

The workers that followed ripped out the first 6 feet of everyone's front yards and driveway, and built a sidewalk. The sidewalk is never used, and drove down property values.

I sold the house last year.

The face of liberal intolerance and stupidity.

Why Trump voters are not welcome in my house this holiday

Linkedin_0440.jpg?1482652990

I don't think his friends will miss him much.

My brother and sister expressed a wish to reconcile this past Christmas...but a quick "Merry Trumpmas! Make America Great Again!" text put them back in their intolerant, illiberal place.