Cam Newton is a crybaby

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how so many people rush to defend another team's player on a Bills board but cant defend their own Bills players.

2 winning seasons in 6 years in a pathetic division, including 3-5 this year. Complains about hits as if hes the only QB that doesnt get calls. Acts like a child at press conferences. Hes the GOAT.

I love how so many people rush to defend another team's player on a Bills board but cant defend their own Bills players.

2 winning seasons in 6 years in a pathetic division, including 3-5 this year. Complains about hits as if hes the only QB that doesnt get calls. Acts like a child at press conferences. Hes the GOAT.

I don't think anyone (even Cam) is saying that he's the only QB not getting calls.

But I do think it's pretty clear that there have been numerous blatantly obvious penalties that have not been called when it comes to Cam. And for every one, a ref is standing there looking at it. It's not like other teams are being sneaky about it.

I think he's got a legitimate gripe, personally.

I know I shouldn't take the bait here but I can't help myself. I think you're letting your anti-Cam crusade affect what you are seeing. Those were both clearly helmet to helmet hits and with the rules written as they are, those are both penalties.

Also, "just because he plays like a full back" doesn't even remotely apply in these situations as Cam is in the pocket. Any QB should be viewed the same if they are in the pocket. If Cam's play style is what is keeping the ref's flags in their pockets then that is precisely the problem.

He was in the pocket and he should be protected the same as anybody else. Simple really.

so those hits were deliberate helmet to helmet hits where the defender purposely led with his helmet? No.

Were the moving in a position which launched themselves to the players helmet spearing him?

When a player carrying rbe ball lowers his head to a defender who has his head up than only an absolute moron would believe it to be a helmet to helmet hit.

I supposed if you want sarcastball pussified football the helmet can't make contact with another helmet. That seems to be the little girl version of the side y'all say...

so those hits were deliberate helmet to helmet hits where the defender purposely led with his helmet? No.

Were the moving in a position which launched themselves to the players helmet spearing him?

When a player carrying rbe ball lowers his head to a defender who has his head up than only an absolute moron would believe it to be a helmet to helmet hit.

I supposed if you want sarcastball pussified football the helmet can't make contact with another helmet. That seems to be the little girl version of the side y'all say...

Nothing of what you said, again, has any relevance to the situation. Listen, if you want to argue what you think football should be that's great, but that's not what this is about.

If you wanna really get down to it, any contact to the QB's helmet, regardless if it was the defender's helmet making the contact or not, is a RTP if the QB is in the pocket.

Cam was in the pocket and took two hits to the head. Two penalties. It's literally as simple as 1+1=2.

Maybe that equals 11 to you.

Nothing of what you said, again, has any relevance to the situation. Listen, if you want to argue what you think football should be that's great, but that's not what this is about.

If you wanna really get down to it, any contact to the QB's helmet, regardless if it was the defender's helmet making the contact or not, is a RTP if the QB is in the pocket.

Cam was in the pocket and took two hits to the head. Two penalties. It's literally as simple as 1+1=2.

soooo. You're the reason football is so boring now and so many flags? If they called helmet to helmet contact on every occurance I'd stop watching. Your definition of it is not reality. Tonight let's count the hits in the first half before I go to bed. You keep your tally. I'll keep mine

I'm thinking it might equal 3/5.

soooo. You're the reason football is so boring now and so many flags? If they called helmet to helmet contact on every occurance I'd stop watching. Your definition of it is not reality. Tonight let's count the hits in the first half before I go to bed. You keep your tally. I'll keep mine

Yes. I am THE "reason football is so boring now and so many flags."

If you want to read the rules then we can talk about whether or not Cam has a point. Until then, you'll be screaming into an empty room about how you think football should be played.

Edited by Marcellosaurus

It was a joke, sweetheart. Chill.

haaaate you.

Yes. I am THE "reason football is so boring now and so many flags."

If you want to read the rules then we can talk about whether or not Cam has a point. Until then, you'll be screaming into an empty room about how you think football should be played.

yawn

Dude if you don't even understand the rules, you should not post.

Perhaps TBD should create a basic football knowledge quiz that one must pass before being allowed to post.

Dude if you don't even understand the rules, you should not post.

Perhaps TBD should create a basic football knowledge quiz that one must pass before being allowed to post.

OK, we can play this game. Do you honestly think you know football better than I do? Maybe I need to get back to my posts from 3-4 yrs ago breaking down schemes, positions and other **** to the point it was an 3 hour dissertation on maybe just the mike or jack positions.

Yeah, lets make that test. How about... first question. ... what is the particular skill set desired in a nickel and how does it differ from a dime?

What are the top fundamental differences between LG and RG?

What gap is the 6 gap?

I think what is happening here is after Cam ran away from that fumble in SB L, his team mates don't believe in him anymore. Consequently, they're just not blocking for him as well as they did last year (when they believed in him).

I think what's happening here is that this is a stupid thread.

Cam's pointing out that the refs don't apply the rules consistently. That is something EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD has complained about over the last 16 years, and is objectively demonstrable.

How is he the reason? He didn't create the rule, he's just saying it is not being enforced equally and/or consistently- and it's not.

I don't like Cam either but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a point about running QBs not getting the same calls as guys like Brady.

I think what's happening here is that this is a stupid thread.

Cam's pointing out that the refs don't apply the rules consistently. That is something EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD has complained about over the last 16 years, and is objectively demonstrable.

The voice of reason.

You forgot that he won a national championship at JUCO and the NCAA. He also joined a 1-15 team and improved them 5 games as a rookie. He also has a career record of 48-36-1. He won a MVP where his best wr was Ted GInn aka old Marquise Goodwin.

Yeah, that guy sucks. This thread is insane.

You forgot that he won a national championship at JUCO and the NCAA. He also joined a 1-15 team and improved them 5 games as a rookie. He also has a career record of 48-36-1. He won a MVP where his best wr was Ted GInn aka old Marquise Goodwin.

Yeah, that guy sucks. This thread is insane.

Im not saying he sucks at all. Im not saying I dislike him either. Im saying hes overrated amd his post game attire is bothering me.

I know Greg Olsen is a TE, but he is still pissed off and on his way to your house........

Haha. True enough. But I'm guessing defenses would key on Olsen and take their chances with GInn and Crotchery.

Im not saying he sucks at all. Im not saying I dislike him either. Im saying hes overrated amd his post game attire is bothering me.

I agree is an overrated dresser. He's trying too hard.

But only on a Bills board where people defend Tyrod passing for 150 yards, could Newton be overrated. His WRs, minus Olsen, were worse than ours and he won a MVP. He has won on every level he has played on and set rookie passing records, along with qb rushing records.