Cam Newton is a crybaby

Love that clip.

He is a runner though.

It's either a penalty or not in the pocket. Brady would have gotten a roughing the passer call on my clip.

LOL. i just had to throw a clip in there of Brady getting smashed. And today it probably wouldve been a flag for the defender leaving his feet and leading with the helmet. Unless youre landry. =(

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was a completely different game back in 2001

It was. It was a better game in my opinion.

What Im saying is that for those people that are constantly complaining about hits, concussions, injuries, etc and blaming the NFL for everything injury related, today's NFL changed quite a lot and today's game is much softer than it was 20-30yrs ago. Roger didnt invent football; he didnt make it a violent sport.

I can't stand Cam but he is getting destroyed and not getting the same treatment that Brady, Brees, etc get. He has a valid point.

I still hate the dude.

^^^This. He's not complaining about getting hit. He's complaining about taking hits and not getting the calls other QBs are getting.

^^^This. He's not complaining about getting hit. He's complaining about taking hits and not getting the calls other QBs are getting.

I just dont buy it. Is he sitting there watching every game Brees is playing or every game that Big Ben is playing and keeping detailed stats of how many calls they dont get compared to him? Or is he just giving his biased/subjective view?

Again, nobody answered my questions from earlier:

1. If we are saying hes not getting the same calls, then we are implying some systemic bias against him. Why? What incentive does the NFL have to have its young superstar injured? Bc there are so many stars at QB in the NFL and ratings are so high the NFL would rather have Derek Anderson starting.

2. Who benefits from this conspiracy to not flag hits on Cam?

3. Logistically, how does this conspiracy begin? Was the idea floated around at the owners meetings? Is Roger emailing all the NFL refs to ignore hits on Cam?

It's complete BS that he (and other young QBs) arent getting the calls that the historical "Golden Boys" get.

This is (yet another) big reason why I cant stand the NFL. Rules are applied arbitrarily and subjectively. More examples of the league fixing its storylines.

I just dont buy it. Is he sitting there watching every game Brees is playing or every game that Big Ben is playing and keeping detailed stats of how many calls they dont get compared to him? Or is he just giving his biased/subjective view?

Again, nobody answered my questions from earlier:

1. If we are saying hes not getting the same calls, then we are implying some systemic bias against him. Why? What incentive does the NFL have to have its young superstar injured? Bc there are so many stars at QB in the NFL and ratings are so high the NFL would rather have Derek Anderson starting.

2. Who benefits from this conspiracy to not flag hits on Cam?

3. Logistically, how does this conspiracy begin? Was the idea floated around at the owners meetings? Is Roger emailing all the NFL refs to ignore hits on Cam?

You realize that a ref literally told him "You're not old enough to get that call yet" when he was hit late last year. Right?

You should take all of your (good) questions to the NFL and the refs, because they are the only ones that can tell you why they are purposely not applying the rules the same way across the board.

It's complete BS that he (and other young QBs) arent getting the calls that the historical "Golden Boys" get.

This is (yet another) big reason why I cant stand the NFL. Rules are applied arbitrarily and subjectively. More examples of the league fixing its storylines.

You realize that a ref literally told him "You're not old enough to get that call yet" when he was hit late last year. Right?

You should take all of your (good) questions to the NFL and the refs, because they are the only ones that can tell you why they are purposely not applying the rules the same way across the board.

Great post. I was never a person who complained about refs since I just assume you're going to get bad calls, but the NFL has been completely unlawful this year. It's been terrible to watch these flagfest and inconsistent calls.

I wasn't there and you weren't there. Ed Hochuli denied saying that. It's a matter of he said/she said.

I think Cam is an awesome athlete and player. The NFL needs stars at QB. There is absolutely no financial, ethical, or business incentive for the NFL to plot Cam's early demise. Zero.

To imply that the NFL has some crusade against Cam runs counter to everything the NFL attempts to build-on as a league: star power, brand power, and revenues. Cam brings the NFL star power, reinforces the brand's popularity, and increases revenues as a result of his star power.

Great post. I was never a person who complained about refs since I just assume you're going to get bad calls, but the NFL has been completely unlawful this year. It's been terrible to watch these flagfest and inconsistent calls.

For sure.

Bad calls and human error will always be part of the game. But you hope it's just a small part.

Unfortunately, the league writes these convoluted complex rules which no one knows how to interpret, so it's all over the place,

Again I will post Richard Sherman's latest article where he tears the NFL a new one regarding this very subject: Good read right here

I wasn't there and you weren't there. Ed Hochuli denied saying that. It's a matter of he said/she said.

I think Cam is an awesome athlete and player. The NFL needs stars at QB. There is absolutely no financial, ethical, or business incentive for the NFL to plot Cam's early demise. Zero.

To imply that the NFL has some crusade against Cam runs counter to everything the NFL attempts to build-on as a league: star power, brand power, and revenues. Cam brings the NFL star power, reinforces the brand's popularity, and increases revenues as a result of his star power.

I am implying NO SUCH THING, and never said that. There is no crusade against Cam specifically. What I am saying directly is that the league cant officiate its own rules, and the refs dont give the young guys the same calls as the old guys. What I am saying directly is that there is no consistency with how the rules are applied and enforced, and it is making the game unwatchable.

For sure.

Bad calls and human error will always be part of the game. But you hope it's just a small part.

Unfortunately, the league writes these convoluted complex rules which no one knows how to interpret, so it's all over the place,

Again I will post Richard Sherman's latest article where he tears the NFL a new one regarding this very subject: Good read right here

I agree about the rules getting more complicated to understand and therefore enforce every single year. But why are there more rules in recent years? Because, we the fans, parrot what the media cries about for 24hrs/day whenever there are injuries in the league and say how violent the NFL is how they ignore head injuries, and how football is so violent, violence, violence, violence...So the NFL has to react to the 24/7 bashing it receives by fans and media and attempt to do something about it. The product we have now is partly a result of us complaining about how the NFL was.

I agree about the rules getting more complicated to understand and therefore enforce every single year. But why are there more rules in recent years? Because, we the fans, parrot what the media cries about for 24hrs/day whenever there are injuries in the league and say how violent the NFL is how they ignore head injuries, and how football is so violent, violence, violence, violence...So the NFL has to react to the 24/7 bashing it receives by fans and media and attempt to do something about it. The product we have now is partly a result of us complaining about how the NFL was.

The ONLY reason the NFL does anything from outside influence is $$$ and to protect the shield against lawsuits.

Fans LOVE violence. But the NFL hates lawsuits. All those ex-players that sued the league caused the new hitting rules. And the NFL doesnt give one single crap about protecting its players. It only protects itself against lawsuits.

I don't know why they changed the catch rule. All of a sudden they called a Megatron catch not a catch, set the bar real low for the quality of that call, and then sunk their rules to that level. Everyone was fine and dandy with the way catches had been called for 50 years. No idea why they changed it.

The QB hit rules, tuck rule, etc were ONLY to protect their Golden Boys. They even reversed the Tuck Rule once they had safe distance fro the event so people wouldnt bother to clearly point out the cheating involved there.

What were the complaints that sparked all this? I dont remember them.

Edited by DrDareustein

For sure.

I am implying NO SUCH THING, and never said that. There is no crusade against Cam specifically. What I am saying directly is that the league cant officiate its own rules, and the refs dont give the young guys the same calls as the old guys. What I am saying directly is that there is no consistency with how the rules are applied and enforced, and it is making the game unwatchable.

Thank you for clarifying and sorry if I misread. But for someone (Cam and other posters here) to say that he doesn't get calls like other QB's get calls, then there is an implied conspiracy there. If it's just bad officiating across the board, that's a whole other argument, and one I may agree with.

Thank you for clarifying and sorry if I misread. But for someone (Cam and other posters here) to say that he doesn't get calls like other QB's get calls, then there is an implied conspiracy there. If it's just bad officiating across the board, that's a whole other argument, and one I may agree with.

Hey, no worries.

It's not just Cam, but its not across the board either. Cam is just the most visible and vocal of the group of "victims".

Tyrod doesnt get the calls either. As evidenced by that huge late hit early in the game yesterday, no flag. Even Fouts was screaming about it.

If you're young and mobile, it's open season.

More evidence that the league only put those rules in to protect its Golden Boys.

Edited by DrDareustein

The ONLY reason the NFL does anything from outside influence is $$$ and to protect the shield against lawsuits.

Fans LOVE violence. But the NFL hates lawsuits. All those ex-players that sued the league caused the new hitting rules. And the NFL doesnt give one single crap about protecting its players. It only protects itself against lawsuits.

I don't know why they changed the catch rule. All of a sudden they called a Megatron catch not a catch, set the bar real low for the quality of that call, and then sunk their rules to that level. Everyone was fine and dandy with the way catches had been called for 50 years. No idea why they changed it.

The QB hit rules, tuck rule, etc were ONLY to protect their Golden Boys. They even reversed the Tuck Rule once they had safe distance fro the event so people wouldnt bother to clearly point out the cheating involved there.

What were the complaints that sparked all this? I dont remember them.

But isn't that the same for any organization in the world across the board?

But isn't that the same for any organization in the world across the board?

I really think the NBA is a very progressive league and forward thinking.

Those head shots Newton took against Denver were disturbing. It's crazy that they don't get called must less for the league MVP qb.