Pats trade Jamie Collins

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a pretty big smear campaign coming out of foxboro on Collins now, not unlike they did to Chandler jones. They wanted to give Collins 8 mill/year so I doubt they think he's as bad as the agenda they are pushing now in the media. And Chandler jones is playing like an all pro. In AZ. It's fine to move on from guys if you don't need them because you have so many other ways to win, but stay classy and let them move on without slamming them along the way. He was a very good and talented player for them , Pats are hilarious with the **** they are putting out there.

Edited by YoloinOhio

There is a pretty big smear campaign coming out of foxboro on Collins now, not unlike they did to Chandler jones. They wanted to give Collins 8 mill/year so I doubt they think he's as bad as the agenda they are pushing now in the media. And Chandler jones is playing like an all pro. In AZ. It's fine to move on from guys if you don't need them because you have so many other ways to win, but stay classy and let them move on without slamming them along the way. He was a very good and talented player for them , Pats are hilarious with the **** they are putting out there.

There may be something to the Collins trade though. Lets be real, for the Pats its super bowl or bust. Trading one of their best defemders for picks is highly telling. They couldve simply just let him walk and then bad mouth him afterwards..with another super bowl under their belt. Is getting a 3rd round pick more important than a super bowl run while brady is still QB? Obviously collins was not the main cog in their super bowl run but he was still a cog.

There may be something to the Collins trade though. Lets be real, for the Pats its super bowl or bust. Trading one of their best defemders for picks is highly telling. They couldve simply just let him walk and then bad mouth him afterwards..with another super bowl under their belt. Is getting a 3rd round pick more important than a super bowl run while brady is still QB? Obviously collins was not the main cog in their super bowl run but he was still a cog.

no need to bad mouth him ever. It's comical that it takes place after the fact every time they let someone leave. But it's the "patriot way". Good trade for Browns. They need him and Pats don't. If he likes video games more than film, his performance didn't show it. He was a great player. There are a lot of things Gronk clearly favors over film too but he's still there so it's fine. Obviously Collins is not good enough in their minds to pay what he wants and that's fine. They should take their comp pick and let it go. They just seem to treat players like **** on the way out the door, that's all. Edited by YoloinOhio

no need to bad mouth him ever. It's comical that it takes place after the fact every time they let someone leave. But it's the "patriot way". Good trade for Browns. They need him and Pats don't. If he likes video games more than film, his performance didn't show it. He was a great player. There are a lot of things Gronk clearly favors over film too but he's still there so it's fine. Obviously Collins is not good enough in their minds to pay what he wants and that's fine. They should take their comp pick and let it go. They just seem to treat players like **** on the way out the door, that's all.

I agree with you overall. The Collins trade was just really perplexing. As a Bills fan Id be scratching my head at the move. Lets hope it comes back to bite them a bit. Their arrogance is starting to get annoying.

Jamie Collins would rather play video games than watch football.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/why-patriots-traded-jamie-collins-to-browns-2016-11?client=safari

Theres a reason why the Pats are so good. Moves like this. I wouldnt pay this guy.

The league is filled with guys like that.

Again, these moves are able to be made because they have Brady. I know plenty of Bills who would rather smoke weed and play video games than watch field. We just don't have the luxury of an all time great Qb to let us trade them.

I agree with you overall. The Collins trade was just really perplexing. As a Bills fan Id be scratching my head at the move. Lets hope it comes back to bite them a bit. Their arrogance is starting to get annoying.

thats the thing, it won't bite them, even if there is a dropoff between him and the rookie it won't matter with that offense. It is definitely annoying after all these years!

Lets be real, for the Pats its super bowl or bust.

This is an absolutely incorrect statement.

Belichick wins and loses on his terms so they are literally never in SB or bust mode.

As great as he's been he also is great at not finding fault with himself for losing in the playoffs.

This is an absolutely incorrect statement.

Belichick wins and loses on his terms so they are literally never in SB or bust mode.

As great as he's been he also is great at not finding fault with himself for losing in the playoffs.

I meant as an organization and as a fanbase. I can see BB being an arrogant prick, but he has earned that right if a player is not in-line with what he wants. Anyone find it ironic that he was shipped off to the Browns? From NFL royalty to NFL purgatory. The message is clear, but thats just my opinion.

@marykaycabot

#Browns Jamie Collins said he never asked for Von Miller money: "I'm not Von Miller. Let's be smart"

Hmm the plot thickens. The truth of the matter is they had 4 huge FA after this year and at least one was not going to be resigned. Hopefully now Butler,Shear, and Hightower get done.

Also reports saying BB liked the 6th round pick (Robertson?) and he was getting more of the snaps now. I.E. he did something to get into the emperors dog house.

Hmm the plot thickens. The truth of the matter is they had 4 huge FA after this year and at least one was not going to be resigned. Hopefully now Butler,Shear, and Hightower get done.

Also reports saying BB liked the 6th round pick (Robertson?) and he was getting more of the snaps now. I.E. he did something to get into the emperors dog house.

Come on Pats fan, it's Roberts. He has had better gap discipline than Collins and Bill didn't like the freelancing going on. Couple that in with his impending FA and he got a one way ticket to Lebron Country. The land of champions. Lol

Come on Pats fan, it's Roberts. He has had better gap discipline than Collins and Bill didn't like the freelancing going on. Couple that in with his impending FA and he got a one way ticket to Lebron Country. The land of champions. Lol

Lol damn auto corrected to Robertson. And ya I heard the free lancing rumors but Roberts has seen more time and teams are not running as well with him on there as they were with Collins. (BB hates to be run on..)

Man they were trying to bait him into saying something and he just simply refused. I like how he said he never asked for VonMiller money and those words never came out of his mouth. (Ya that was a genius writer came up with that they meant you asked for that $$ amount)

Also am I the only one got annoyed with so many double negatives in a sentence...

I agree that he did a very good job not slinging mud but I did find these 2 quotes interesting:

Are you at all hurt that they seem to be insulting you on the way out the door?

“No. That shows their character. I’m good. I’m happy.’’

“I don’t know what the situation is. I don’t know anything about Von Miller money. I don’t know nothing about none of that. That just shows what they like over there. But I know Von Miller money didn’t come out of my mouth. I’m not Von Miller. Let’s have some common sense.’’

Twice he hit with the "that just shows what they like over there." You have to imagine there is a breaking point somewhere of although they win, people don't want to be treated like meat. Does a move like this cause problems in the locker room and create a distrust? I know it is a different sport (same town) but the Celtics traded away Kendrick Perkins and the team was never the same after that. There was major issue in the locker room over the move. I know as long as they have Brady and Belicheck they will be competitive but I wonder how this makes the rest of the team feel.

I agree that he did a very good job not slinging mud but I did find these 2 quotes interesting:

Are you at all hurt that they seem to be insulting you on the way out the door?

No. That shows their character. Im good. Im happy.

I dont know what the situation is. I dont know anything about Von Miller money. I dont know nothing about none of that. That just shows what they like over there. But I know Von Miller money didnt come out of my mouth. Im not Von Miller. Lets have some common sense.

Twice he hit with the "that just shows what they like over there." You have to imagine there is a breaking point somewhere of although they win, people don't want to be treated like meat. Does a move like this cause problems in the locker room and create a distrust? I know it is a different sport (same town) but the Celtics traded away Kendrick Perkins and the team was never the same after that. There was major issue in the locker room over the move. I know as long as they have Brady and Belicheck they will be competitive but I wonder how this makes the rest of the team feel.

Pats have done it a few times, they traded Branch,Seymour, and cut Milloy who signed with the Bills the week before opening day. The Pats got crushed opening day but won the SB that year. But this isn't all that unusual for the Pats under BB.