OK, let's do this: Tyrod Taylor

My take on Tyrod.

Bad mechanics

Questionable accuracy

Protects the ball

Extends plays with his escapability

He is a unconventional QB......so these things are accurate

He has a great deep ball......his accuracy is down (which can be attributed to who he is throwing to)....

He is a bit of a sandlot football player instead of a prototypical pocket passer........he is a system qb...........im ok with that

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

220? Is that supposed to be an impressive number? Ugh the lack of QB for decades is depressing

No but, Tyrods 216* yds with 20 TDs and 6 INTs compared to Jim Kellys 224 yds with 22 TDs and 11 INTS his 1st season starting in Buffalo is encouraging. My point is, you might as well cut Tyrod some slack, we have no better options rite now and we both know David Lee is not a QB whisperer so were gonna have to draft a QB thats pretty much pro-style ready and needs minimal coaching up cuz our staff isnt up for it. If Kelly could turn it around after 2 bad seasons maybe Taylor can too. you were a fan back then. 1986-1987 oo member!!!

1e5.gif

He's a QB with limited passing skills and excellent running ability. He's a hit or miss player that plays a position that you probably don't want a hit or miss type at the helm ... especially if one of the QB's in the division you play in is named Tom Brady.

again......lets find a better option im all for it....until then

No but, Tyrods 216* yds with 20 TDs and 6 INTs compared to Jim Kellys 224 yds with 22 TDs and 11 INTS his 1st season starting in Buffalo is encouraging. My point is, you might as well cut Tyrod some slack, we have no better options rite now and we both know David Lee is not a QB whisperer so were gonna have to draft a QB thats pretty much pro-style ready and needs minimal coaching up cuz our staff isnt up for it. If Kelly could turn it around after 2 bad seasons maybe Taylor can too. you were a fan back then. 1986-1987 oo member!!!

1e5.gif

Tyrod doesnt even have Kelly's weapons....or offensive line for that matter

Okay, here you go. Below are the first two seasons of Tom Brady, Big Ben, EJ, JP, Bledsoe, and TT. For this year, I doubled his stats since we are at the halfway mark. I sorted by QB rating for no real reason. I did not include rushing yards or rushing TD's. Pick your top 3 QB's

Comp% Yards TD INT Rating

63.7 3035 20 6 99.4

62.7 2385 17 9 98.6

58.7 2960 18 4 87.2

63.9 2843 18 12 86.5

61.5 4359 24 15 86

62.1 3764 28 14 85.7

62.5 3051 19 14 84.9

58 838 5 3 80.3

58.8 1972 11 9 77.7

56.9 2932 20 16 76.6

59.7 3513 18 23 75.4

58.2 2860 11 12 73

No it's still unimpressive

220 passing yards, 60 rushing yds & zero INTs.....I'd take that right now. Course we'd need our stars back.

He has no timing with current crop of WRs. No deep threats. Nothing. Even Clay is hobbled.

For the record, the Pats* are really good. They make everyone look bad.

He is a unconventional QB......so these things are accurate

He has a great deep ball......his accuracy is down (which can be attributed to who he is throwing to)....

He is a bit of a sandlot football player instead of a prototypical pocket passer........he is a system qb...........im ok with that

I agree, much of it is due to who hes throwing to. But its all due to the type of team we are. We arent that good. Our GM is middle of the road. Our coach, is a big name cause of his father, but is middle of the road. Our talent is middle of the road. Were an 8-8 team, we are BUILT to be an 8-8 team. It sucks, i know.

Tyrod is... About average. And i think thats what Joe, and Bobby, and others get mad about. Were a mediocre team. Even with all our weapons healthy. Were just, middle of the road.

Wow. Just checked in. Was clear to me that Tyrod was the best skill player on the field for the Bills today an people are throwing him under the bus ?!

UFB.

So all you fvcks that said we don't want a running QB cuz they get hurt need to just STFU. TT had one of our 3 TD's today cuz he can run. And he's the only star on the offense that isn't a wide open gaping vagina that HASN"T BEEN HURT YET EVEN THO HE HANDLES THE BALL ON EVERY PLAY. How do you not get that !?

The bills are damned lucky to be 4-4 and have TT. If Hogan was still a BIll, he would have been the best WR the Bills trotted out today. Let. That. Sink. In.

Edited by moshermw

Coming into this discussion a little late, so I apologize if this has already been said, BUT...

Easily half of TT's missed passes should have been caught, and would have been by a decent stable of receivers. Clay, Powell, Tate, and Hunter all had some egregious dropped balls. Would we be having this same conversation if TT had thrown 28/38 for 270+ yards? It's so easy to point at a single player, or coach, and say, "there's the problem." IMHO, TT wasn't the only problem, today. Not even close. You could put Dale Earnhardt Jr. behind the wheel of a 1964 Volkswagen Beetle and he's not going to win a lot of races.

There are plenty of problems with this football team, at the moment, and Tyrod Taylor is the best QB we've had in a long time.

Is there anyone left who thinks he can be The Guy after today's game?

If so, based on what evidence?

I hope they walk away from that contract. Last thing we need is to be stuck in cap hell with Tie Rod.

What?

lol......Oh Dear, here we go....

Wow. Just checked in. Was clear to me that Tyrod was the best skill player on the field for the Bills today an people are throwing him under the bus ?!

UFB.

So all you fvcks that said we don't want a running QB cuz they get hurt need to just STFU. TT had one of our 3 TD's today cuz he can run. And he's the only star on the offense that isn't a wide open gaping vagina that HASN"T BEEN HURT YET EVEN THO HE HANDLES THE BALL ON EVERY PLAY. How do you not get that !?

The bills are damned lucky to be 4-4 and have TT. If Hogan was still a BIll, he would have been the best WR the Bills trotted out today. Let. That. Sink. In.

it is very evident that is all he can do. I have been saying it a long time, he is no better than a slash type player, nothing more. That will not get this team over the hump.

again......lets find a better option im all for it....until then

Tyrod doesnt even have Kelly's weapons....or offensive line for that matter

Are we really comparing the two? Gotta love it.

UFB.

Don't drink and post man.

I agree, much of it is due to who hes throwing to. But its all due to the type of team we are. We arent that good. Our GM is middle of the road. Our coach, is a big name cause of his father, but is middle of the road. Our talent is middle of the road. Were an 8-8 team, we are BUILT to be an 8-8 team. It sucks, i know.

Tyrod is... About average. And i think thats what Joe, and Bobby, and others get mad about. Were a mediocre team. Even with all our weapons healthy. Were just, middle of the road.

I think the middle of the road annotation for TT is accurate

It goes a little further then that for me......people lose sight of the overall picture

Finding even a STARTING nfl qb is really hard to do in the NFL....that is why i agree that you keep trying to improve the position....but you dont overdraft talent in hopes of doing so....this team needs better offensive pass catchers.....it needs another starting safety......

C. Jones is sitting out there in a box saying "dont open till next year" who might have more raw talent then any qb that was drafted this year....he is gonna need groom

Coming into this discussion a little late, so I apologize if this has already been said, BUT...

Easily half of TT's missed passes should have been caught, and would have been by a decent stable of receivers. Clay, Powell, Tate, and Hunter all had some egregious dropped balls. Would we be having this same conversation if TT had thrown 28/38 for 270+ yards? It's so easy to point at a single player, or coach, and say, "there's the problem." IMHO, TT wasn't the only problem, today. Not even close. You could put Dale Earnhardt Jr. behind the wheel of a 1964 Volkswagen Beetle and he's not going to win a lot of races.

There are plenty of problems with this football team, at the moment, and Tyrod Taylor is the best QB we've had in a long time.

This is true.

But given the field of competition, that isn't saying much.

Many posters on this forum constantly want to compare the current Bills _____ (QB, coach, GM, WR, etc.) to past Bills _____.

Not sure why. A middling train wreck of a franchise with absentee ownership from a decade ago is not the relevant standard of review.

The NE Patriots are.

Compared to the good QBs in the league who show up come playoff time, Tyrod is woefully inadequate.

Sooner or later this will sink in.

Yeah but we already knew his ball placement needs work. Hes in his 2nd year, hes finding the rite guys most of the time, jus needs working on throwing routes open and ball placement. He gets those 2 things down its gonna be a totally different ball game. These are the type of fans that would have run Jim Kelly outta town after his 1st two INT/Sack riddled seasons. I get it, we need a franchise QB sometimes you gotta let guys develop while you wait for another rook to come along. Constantly bitching about it and blaming losses on him isnt gonna help.

Sixth year. Sixth.

Stop doing that.

Is there anyone left who thinks he can be The Guy after today's game?

If so, based on what evidence?

He can get us to the playoffs when we have a functioning offense with actual players...we put up points with him...he is better than other options we could get, so what else are we going to do? Start over again with no QB? We've seen how well that has worked the past 16 years...

Edited by matter2003

I personally loved the "V" in fvck. Innovative. Keep up the good work.

OK. Got it. I'll go with, I'm passionate on this subject. - And my message didn't get through because of said passion.

TT might not be Romo but that's fine - Romo is not on the field tonight.

Niether was:

- Watkins

- Goodwin

- Shady

TT was and was helping as best he could. No continuity or talent on O today and we still put up 25. 32 if they call the PF on TT on the first drive and Carpenter hits. 32 wins you 90 % of NFL games.