A few thoughts about the Pats* Game (Tribute to BillFromNYC)

Virgil

Biggest contributors to the loss today:

1. Missing AWilliams

2. Defense not making plays on 3rd down

3. Gilmore

4. No running game for a team that is supposed to have a run-first identity

5. Taylor not getting it done through the air

6. Penalties

In that order.

Not sure what we're going to do over these last 8 games without Aaron Williams. I believe that has a direct effect on items 2 and 3 too. Not good.

McCoy not being healthy is number 1 for me... Without him we wont win anything. I firmly believe that

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCoy not being healthy is number 1 for me... Without him we wont win anything. I firmly believe that

Gilly made me pretty happy today. I'm more confident in his ability to start if we can decide to keep giving him the ball :doh:

Gilly made me pretty happy today. I'm more confident in his ability to start if we can decide to keep giving him the ball :doh:

Oh Gilly looked great but there is something about how when lesean gets the ball he runs and disappears then reappears on the other side of seemingly nothing for 5 or so yards. His cuts his dynamic style. He is an absolute game breaker. We won 4 games with no Sammy or Dareus but you take McCoy out and its bad luck.

I honestly think though that Lynn has been figured out now too. McCoy and his good games are over UNTIL other teams fear tyrod throwing deep. I dont even think he has to be stellar while doing it. He just has to show that he will

They are who we thought they were! I wish my 2,500th post was about a better topic, but here we go!

Another Bills/Pats game, another loss where we look outmatched in almost every facet and remind us why were aren't a playoff team. If that's too critical, I apologize, but it's just hard to feel optimistic about this team when you see this compilation of errors. CBS switched to the Raiders game with 6 minutes left. That's all you should need to know.

1 - Gilly - The only real positive in the game. He did a great job filling in for McCoy. Not the same type of runner, but close and had great speed. I feel a lot better about him as a backup after today. I would have like to have seen him used in the passing game more, but that's just a bonus. His TD run was fantastic

Shout out to Powell for the catch of the season at the end!

2 - Penalties - Same old Bills. There were at least 6 plays that either gave the Pats a first down or offset a decent play by the Bills. I wasn't thrilled with the Refs this week as there were a lot of calls left on the field and it did feel a little bias towards the Pats, but it went both ways sometimes. No matter your opinion, the old penalty disease that Rex's team suffer from was back today and this just can't happen. And great job by Shaq with the roughing the passer right after his sack.

3 - Girlmore - Besides the Cardinals game, I can't think of a game where the words Elite would be used to describe him. Today was, by far, his worst game of the season. And that Jets game was BAD. What made it worse was the Hogan was the person who owned him. Pick your play: The long TD, the PI in the endzone, the blocking on the Brady run, or the hold at the end of the game to extend the drive. Just an overall brutal day by a guy we let walk in FA. If someone wants to pay this man 12 mil+, let them.

4 - Dark star crashes, pouring its light into ashes.

Reason tatters, the forces tear loose from the axis.

Searchlight casting for faults in the clouds of delusion.

Shall we go, you and I while we can

Through the transitive nightfall of diamonds?

Mirror shatters in formless reflections of matter.

Glass hand dissolving to ice petal flowers revolving.

Lady in velvet recedes in the nights of goodbye.

Shall we go, you and I while we can

Through the transitive nightfall of diamonds?

5 - Carpenter - I don't want to harp on him as he has some decent weeks, but his misses are just too critical and happening more than they should. His miss was a 6 point swing and a huge part of this game. We need to bring in some competition this offseason.

6 - Bush - Why is he on this team? Bringing it out the endzone, the backwards pass to TT, watching Gilly vs him running the ball....he's a wasted roster spot. I just don't understand why he's out there unless it's just for depth at WR. But even that's not a valid excuse.

7 - Tyrod Taylor. I've been a big support of TT. I think he's an up and coming player who is dynamic in many ways. I think he's the best QB we've had in our playoff drought and love that he takes care of the ball. With that being said, I think that I'm coming to understand who TT is. Tyrod is a guy who has one tempo, will make long plays, will extend plays with his legs, and can be very accurate at times, but also slightly off enough to make it hard on the WR's.

Today, TT was a rollercoaster. He missed Reggie twice for a TD on the first drive. When he scrambled on 1st down, Reggle broke wide open into the flat and didn't even get a look. On the pass that did go to him, it was so high and fast the Bush couldn't even get his arms fully extended in time. His second drive was almost perfect, but drops killed him. He had a beautiful ball to Tate down the sideline. He had some brutal drops and a huge one by Clay deep. When he was off, he was high with his throws.

The most frustrating thing is his tempo. Whether it's tied, down 10, or 2 minutes left, I just don't see the throws or urgency that you see with the great ones. He doesn't turn it over. I can see why the people who don't like him complain, even though I don't know what they think is better.

To me, TT is the best option we have and this draft doesn't look good. Those who say EJ makes me think they weren't a fan two years ago. (Yes, he had some good throws at the end) As for TT, I keep hoping to see him take it up a level with experience, but I'm not seeing. Good or bad, he's the same guy he was last year. It's good enough to win if he has a defense and run support, but he's not going to put the team on his back and do it himself.

8 - The Defense - We gave up 31 points as of 1 minute into the second half. We sent the house multiple times, leaving WR in man coverage without getting much pressure. We rushed four and dropped everyone, but still got picked apart. We did get pressure in moments, but Brady had time for most of the day. Blanton was chasing guys all over the field and the drop off without Aaron was noticeable. Dareus made a few plays, nothing Elite. Overall, Brady has his way with us and this was a fairly healthy defense. Sorry Rex, not today.

9 - Rex Ryan - After this game and at the halfway mark, we are 4-4 and 1-3 in our division. This game didn't need to be critical, but the 0-2 start put us in this spot. Rex didn't contain the penalties. He didn't pressure Brady. He went defense in the draft and allowed us to be depth deficient on offense. That 4-0 run was great, but it's a full season. Halfway through, we have proved that we aren't anywhere near the Pats and we are in a lot of trouble with any kind of AFC tie breakers

10 - I apologize to the women and children of reading. These recaps are tough to keep perspective with and I'm going to take a quick time-out here and let something loose.

I !@#$ing hate Brady and the Hoodie more than I should hate complete strangers who play a game for entertainment purposes. Every time I see Brady's face on the sideline or fist pumping, I wish the Lorax would just come out of the shadows and lay him out. And when the game was over with 8 minutes left, I just KNEW that Billicheat was going to go deep. People wanted to say that BB doesn't do stuff like that and it's a professional game. I don't believe that for a second. BB is a child and when his feelings get hurt, he reacts in kind. I cannot wait for the day these guys are gone and I pray that one of our guys delivers the hit that does it.

Okay everyone. 4-4 heading to the west coast to face the 12th man for a prime time game. I'm not optimistic in light of how we normally perform in those circumstances, but we've been known to sweep NFC divisions.

Go Bills!

Fvkin neither could Brady. Completely unfair. If Hogan was still a Bill, he'd have been the best WR on our team today. TT is the only skill player that hasn't been a puvvy an gotten hurt. FOAD.

I said it in the gameday thread, and I'll day it again...

This game illustrates all that is wrong with the Bills. We are horrbily outclassd by the best in the league. In every facet of the team, NE has play makers, whereas the Bills drop easy passes, miss easy throws, miss easy tackes, miss the FGs that they make. It's evident in every aspect of the organization from the game planning to the conditioning of the players to the depth of the roster. Honestly, until this organziation is blown up and rebuilt from the top down, I can't ever see us fielding a consistent, professional NFL caliber team.

I miss watching football.

huh?.....or do you mean injuries caused by an insanely violent game?

We are 1-3 in the division. I also think Kyle was phenomenal today.

We can use the injury excuse, but frankly the D was almost at full health and let Brady pick them apart all day. That can't be excused. More D stops and the upset would have been there for the taking.

I'm beginning to think that it's just the way it is...Brady picks virtually EVERY team apart. The only ones it seems he has trouble with are NFC teams they don't see very often and that can throw a bunch of new wrinkles at them. Other than that, they basically steamroll everyone during the regular season.

Edited by matter2003

Biggest contributors to the loss today:

1. Missing AWilliams

2. Defense not making plays on 3rd down

3. Gilmore

4. No running game for a team that is supposed to have a run-first identity

5. Taylor not getting it done through the air

6. Penalties

In that order.

Not sure what we're going to do over these last 8 games without Aaron Williams. I believe that has a direct effect on items 2 and 3 too. Not good.

The only one I disagree with is #4...we had 167 yards rushing, over 6 yards per attempt (26).

whaley gave rex the keys to the car. he needs to own it now. injuries happen. it seems like rex wants to outsmart the the other team with "cute" schemes. for example why are he bills playing cb vs gronk? cannot stand the wildcat. no discipline on either side of the ball. no sense of urgency.

whaley gave rex the keys to the car. he needs to own it now. injuries happen. it seems like rex wants to outsmart the the other team with "cute" schemes. for example why are he bills playing cb vs gronk? cannot stand the wildcat. no discipline on either side of the ball. no sense of urgency.

would you prefer a LB or safety?

I !@#$ing hate Brady and the Hoodie more than I should hate complete strangers who play a game for entertainment purposes. Every time I see Brady's face on the sideline or fist pumping, I wish the Lorax would just come out of the shadows and lay him out. And when the game was over with 8 minutes left, I just KNEW that Billicheat was going to go deep. People wanted to say that BB doesn't do stuff like that and it's a professional game. I don't believe that for a second. BB is a child and when his feelings get hurt, he reacts in kind. I cannot wait for the day these guys are gone and I pray that one of our guys delivers the hit that does it.

It's obvious that they have sold their souls to the devil, so Brady may be playing into his 60s at this rate, and Hoodie will still be coaching cheating at 90!

Open it up. I dont care if the QB doesnt like it. You need to see the passer he is to decide at the end of the season.

Cause right now reality is almost ANY NFL QB can get us to exactly were we are at this point with leaning of Shady for 4 games

I think we all know.................

I'm beginning to think that it's just the way it is...Brady picks virtually EVERY team apart. The only ones it seems he has trouble with are NFC teams they don't see very often and that can throw a bunch of new wrinkles at them. Other than that, they basically steamroll everyone during the regular season.

Brady struggles (or at least on even keel) with teams:

1) That have a Franchise QB like a Ben Rothelisberger or Eli Manning

2) That have a pass rush that can bring the heat on him

3) Teams that can run the ball and keep him off the field.

We were none of the above on Sunday