Marv Levy Honored by Cubbies

boyst

I want the Cubs to win so we can cross them off the 'cursed list'. Red Sox were removed in 04. Cleveland as a City this year with the Cavs winning.

How the media never mentions the Bills in the same breath as the Cubs is beyond me.

'83 Bears is why.

I want the Cubs to win so we can cross them off the 'cursed list'. Red Sox were removed in 04. Cleveland as a City this year with the Cavs winning.

How the media never mentions the Bills in the same breath as the Cubs is beyond me.

Because it has been 106 years... BFLo Bills only 51 or so.

Give it time. ;-P

Cubs=most unlucky team ever!

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/even-the-data-thinks-the-cubs-may-have-been-cursed/

Some good data/analytics there..

Marv was shown on TV last night between innings and given a nice little tribute of sorts.

His story of attending the game in 1945 was fantastic and should be listened to at WGR 550'S audio vault.

He and his buddy were in the Army Air Corps (precursor to what would become the Air Force) and rushed down to Wrigley to try and get tickets for Game 6. They were in uniform. Marv said the line was a mile long but they moved anyone in uniform to the front of the line (pretty cool) so Marv and his buddy got tickets.

They attended the game, the Cubs had to win to stay alive, and they DID WIN.

So who says Marv is bad luck for the Cubs.

Pretty cool that he was at that game back then; I'd love to talk to Marv about that era as he is bright, still sharp as a tack and I have an interest in WWII.