Positional Needs For DraftTek - Astro

Astrobot

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't everyone see how vulnerable they are if McCoy is hurt, or out with an injury? But instead someone is worried about the Safety position :doh:

If they intend to continue with Tyrod as the QB, and set up the pass with the running game, they better have a 1A running back to alternate with McCoy.

The first 2 picks should be WR and RB.

Edited by HoF Watkins

You really think that we need another edge rusher or LB or LT? This is just me being the hyperbole police. We have one of, if not the best LB/edge rushing groups in the league with great depth (assuming ZB and Lorax are re-signed). We have needs but let's not overreact.

We aren't re-signing Brown or Lorax. They will get big money elsewhere. Preston Brown is not very good so yes we need someone else at MLB. We get Shaq back but could use more depth at edge. We definitely need a RT and depth at LT. So yes we need to get better everywhere but C and P pretty much. Miller and Cogs playing well enough at G I suppose but nothing earth shattering. Can't think of any other position we are solid at besides maybe FB

We aren't re-signing Brown or Lorax. They will get big money elsewhere. Preston Brown is not very good so yes we need someone else at MLB. We get Shaq back but could use more depth at edge. We definitely need a RT and depth at LT. So yes we need to get better everywhere but C and P pretty much. Miller and Cogs playing well enough at G I suppose but nothing earth shattering. Can't think of any other position we are solid at besides maybe FB

We get Ragland back too. The Bills aren't losing Brown, Lorax and Gilmore. Lorax and Brown or Gilmore will be back. Preston Brown is good as well.

Do we even pay attention around the league? How many teams would trade LB groups with us? I'd venture to say over 25 easily. So while we are complaining, 80% of the teams would rather have our guys. You need to compare rosters to the league (in a salary cap area) not to Madden with the cap turned off. The Bills are a top 10-15 (at worst) rosters in terms of talent. That's not perfect but C & P aren't the only positions that we are set at.

Zach Brown came here on a 1 yr prove it deal and he proved it. He will bolt for a big contract. Lorax maybe we keep given his age and space when Gilmore leaves but they want Shaq starting so how much would they really want to give Lorax as a backup/special teamer? Preston Brown is below average I don't care what other teams have. I think Ragland will be a big improvement and I would like them to re-sign Z Brown and have Ragland play the strong side but like I said I think Z Brown wants and has earned a big contract but we'll see

Agree with most of it, my only change is to the TE ranking. On paper a P3 isn't going to get us anything better than what we have now. If you really want to upgrade the position, it has to be at P2, otherwise I feel like it's a wasted spot. My expectation is that Gilmore is gone, and going with that I would move CB at P3.

Good point. I'm moving TE up. P2 or P3 would still net a TE in this draft. Ones I like for Buffalo roles:

O.J. Howard, Alabama
Jake Butt, Michigan
Jeremy Sprinkle, Arkansas
Jordan Leggett, Clemson
Cole Hikutini, Louisville
Wyatt Houston, Utah State
Brandon Lingen, Minnesota
Not sold on Engram as a TE because he's light, but he'd make a pretty good crossover WR-TE hybrid.

1. QB

2. WR

3. CB (I'm assuming Gilmore is gone)

4. S

5. RT

6. WR2

I'm getting enough feedback about CB that I'm changing CB, as well. I think we have somebody in Kevon Seymour but if a 6'0", 4.4 corner is value at any pick, you know Whaley will pounce.

Can't everyone see how vulnerable they are if McCoy is hurt, or out with an injury? But instead someone is worried about the Safety position :doh:

If they intend to continue with Tyrod as the QB, and set up the pass with the running game, they better have a 1A running back to alternate with McCoy.

The first 2 picks should be WR and RB.

I like Jonathan Williams and Gillislee. Both are North-South runners with decent size. Gillislee is NFL's 4th-best NFL RB in YPA, and we just let Ajayi ahead of him into 3rd place.

I need more evidence that the problem is the quality of our RBs.

I like Jonathan Williams and Gillislee. Both are North-South runners with decent size. Gillislee is NFL's 4th-best NFL RB in YPA, and we just let Ajayi ahead of him into 3rd place.

this is supposed to be an epic RB class though, no? What are your thoughts on a RB/WR hybrid like Curtis Samuel? Edited by YoloinOhio

You just watched a game where the offense sucked because McCoy couldn't play. I guess I could repost my reasoning, but it's already posted in this thread.

You think Gillislee could carry this team for a few games as a starter? You think he would have numbers like that if he wasn't spelling McCoy (and the 49ers run D is crap. In a blowout, no less.)? Dreaming.

The offense revolves around the RB's, and you're more concerned about another TE to compliment Clay.... :doh:

Edited by HoF Watkins

You just watched a game where the offense sucked because McCoy couldn't play. I guess I could repost my reasoning, but it's already posted in this thread.

The offense revolves around the RB's, and you're more concerned about another TE to compliment Clay.... :doh:

HoF....have you taken into consideration that downfield blocking is actually a thing? And that our best downfield WR blocker did not play?

Yes....the ability to run 2 TE sets with TWO QUALITY TE PASS CATCHER's might actually be a very good thing?

HoF....have you taken into consideration that downfield blocking is actually a thing? And that our best downfield WR blocker did not play?

Yes....the ability to run 2 TE sets with TWO QUALITY TE PASS CATCHER's might actually be a very good thing?

hello again, Johnny.

Yeah, TE's are a good thing. But when the whole offense is dependent on the legs of one RB (McCoy), you better have another stud RB.

You can add a 2nd TE after you have taken every action to make sure you have RB's that can carry the team.

McCoy goes down, whole season DONE. You have 2 TE's running around on the field for the rest of the season, just killing time before locker cleanout.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Zach Brown came here on a 1 yr prove it deal and he proved it. He will bolt for a big contract. Lorax maybe we keep given his age and space when Gilmore leaves but they want Shaq starting so how much would they really want to give Lorax as a backup/special teamer? Preston Brown is below average I don't care what other teams have. I think Ragland will be a big improvement and I would like them to re-sign Z Brown and have Ragland play the strong side but like I said I think Z Brown wants and has earned a big contract but we'll see

If you think Preston Brown is below average as a starter who are the 20 or so MLBs that you have ahead of him? With the amount of teams playing 3-4 there are probably 40 or so starting inside backers. To be "below average" I am just curious to know who the 20 are.

1) CB - Glimore is history (assuming best QB is not available - otherwise - QB)

2) OL - start with Right Tackle

3) WR

4) Safety

5) OL - best player available

6) OL - best player available

7) OL - best player available

If the holes are there to run through, running backs are a dime a dozen. There are more good running backs available than there is demand for them.

And personally, I would be spending money to upgrade the offensive line in free agency where possible. And you might be able to fill your needs at WR and/or Safety in free agency. If you can, great. If not, draft them.

1) CB - Glimore is history (assuming best QB is not available - otherwise - QB)

2) OL - start with Right Tackle

3) WR

4) Safety

5) OL - best player available

6) OL - best player available

7) OL - best player available

If the holes are there to run through, running backs are a dime a dozen. There are more good running backs available than there is demand for them.

And personally, I would be spending money to upgrade the offensive line in free agency where possible. And you might be able to fill your needs at WR and/or Safety in free agency. If you can, great. If not, draft them.

We are living it right now. Normally I would have to say "you'll see", but you just saw it. And you will continue you to see it.

Hobbled McCoy=loss, against any team aside from the Browns or Jags.

We are living it right now. Normally I would have to say "you'll see", but you just saw it. And you will continue you to see it.

Hobbled McCoy=loss, against any team aside from the Browns or Jags.

I don't understand your point?

Are you suggesting that an elite runner is more important than a geat offensive line? If that is the case, then we disagree.

If your point is simply that the Bills suck when they can't run the ball, then yes I completely agree. It has been proven more than once over the last couple years.