The good, the bad, and the ugly of the season.

Alphadawg7

As we approach the half way point, I have been kind of taking stock on the season so far in a 4 part tier of Outstanding, Good, Bad, and Ugly. I added Outstanding to highlight some of those who have really earned being referenced more than just good this year.

The Outstanding:

1. Shady: Been the heart and soul of the team, not much more to say here. I have real concerns about this team being able to continue to win if his hamstring injury lingers. Honestly, I would rather they just sit him against NE because we most likely wont beat them with all of our WR's hurt and McCoy at less than full strength in the first place.

2. Alexander: Considering his career production up to this point, I would say he's been outstanding based on expectations.

The Good:

1. The LB group: This was a group that looked desolate after losing Manny and Nigel, combined with key injuries. They have greatly exceeded expectations this year even with the rough game on Sunday.

2. Coaching Staff: The firing of the OC 2 games in was ballsy and wreaked of desperation, but they are 4-1 since then and have really been dealt a tough hand with injuries to key defensive and offensive personnel. I think they have really stepped up and have done a good job recovering from a terrible start.

3. OL group: While they havent always been great, they have consistently been good at opening up lanes for McCoy and playing better since Roman was fired.

4. Hughes: Jerry Hughes has been earning his contract as a disruptor IMO and is having a good year.

5. Whaley: So tired of the people who slam Whaley, mostly for things he can not control because he has continuously found us great production and value from all over the drafts, FA wires, and trades. I think he is the most under appreciated part of this team and far too often takes too much crap while people ignore some of his brilliance. Even the Tyrod deal was outstanding, especially considering how bad so many other teams have done on QB deals like Houston, Dallas, SF, Chicago, etc etc. Deals they are stuck with that they all wish they could get out of.

The Bad:

1. The secondary: Wow, what a let down. i wish I could at least look at it and see injuries as to where the issues are, but our top 2 guys Darby and Gilmore have been wildly inconsistent, and thats with us getting pressure up front. They should at the very least be in the good category. I can't find any reason right now to pay Gilmore anything close to what he thinks he should be paid. I don't want to write him off yet, but dude really needs to find his game again as he has been a big dissapointment. Darby has regressed from his great year last season, but he is still young so I am hoping to see him start to rebound but its concerning to say the least.

2. Ed Reed: I love Ed Reed as a player, I think he has all the makings of a great coach...but I have to look at our secondary performance and wonder why its regressed so badly, especially with all the pressure we get on the QB and with no significant injuries.

3. Tyrod: I still believe in Tryod, but this wouldn't be an honest assessment if I didn't include him in the bad category. For me, I think he falls closer to in between good and bad on this list, but right now I am putting him into the bad category. Tyrod should NOT get all the blame by any means for the struggles in the passing game, but he does deserve a good chunk of it. WR injuries have no doubt hurt his performance as well, but there are no excuses for either not seeing guys very open or flat out missing throws he should make. He seems to have regressed in his accuracy. On the good side of things, the OC change has really helped him be more himself and he's been very good using his legs, so it hasnt been all bad with him. He has managed to help us put points on the board. But like I said, the accuracy regression is why I put him here because we lost a couple games we shouldn't have because we couldn't sustain drives where he had plenty of opportunities to do so and just missed them.

The Ugly:

1. Dareus: Not much to say here...screws up again, then still can't get on the field after the suspension is over and I would like to think Ajay doesn't pop off for 200 yards with him in the middle this past week and we likely win if that doesn't happen.

2. Sammy: All that time to come back and still not be able to play and go on IR has presented a lot to be concerned about in regards to his ability to stay on the field and help this team. Excellent player, but if we can't keep him healthy he can't help this team.

3. Injuries/Suspensions/Cuts: Like last year, we have been playing with a lot of key players not on this team most the year and its costing us. Losing Sammy and our top 2 picks to injury was already tough. Add in suspensions to Dareus and Karlos, which also led to Karlos getting cut, and the cut of Manny Lawson and we came into this season missing quite a bit of talent. Now with injuries to Sammy, Woods, and Goodwin we have almost no one left at WR combined with an banged up McCoy who may be dealing with a nagging hamstring the rest of the season if they can't get him healthy fast.

4. Medical/Training Staff: I don't care how many people want to ignore the poor track record of this department or blindly think they don't matter much, but they have been terrible in my opinion. Our players spend more time with them then they do their own coaches, but people keep mocking this idea that they aren't doing a good job or that they don't matter.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Tyrod is not a QB. He is an athlete who makes one read, of not open he scrambles tries to get someone open and either throws it away, or tucks it and runs. If Tyrod could learn how to make throws inside the pocket like Brees watch out.

How many times will the Bills pull this guy out of a dumpster?

Dont you know he is a QB Whisperer and under hist guidance Chad Henne has a 3,000 yard season

right off his Bio on BB.com

While with the Dolphins, both Chad Pennington in 2008 and Chad Henne in 2010 recorded 3,000 yard

Reference Taylor and the regression...

Can someone explain to me why David Lee is called a QB whisperer, he has not developed 1 QB in his NFL career as a QB coach

Because he's whispering, so nobody hears him saying "I don't know what I'm doing..."

Dont you know he is a QB Whisperer and under hist guidance Chad Henne has a 3,000 yard season

right off his Bio on BB.com

While with the Dolphins, both Chad Pennington in 2008 and Chad Henne in 2010 recorded 3,000 yard

Would kill for a healthy Chad Pennington on this team.... SMDH