Bomb to Goodwin

OhDozeBills

Yeah great play, but our D just got off the field and this was the first play of the drive. Anyone else feel like Miami would score on their next drive? I know I did. Not enough offensive plays and D was out there way too long. I guess you can't pass up a matchup opportunity but a long sustained drive there could of been the difference. Reminded me of Jet game. Quick strike but the D goes right back out there:

I mean,, when you think about it the logic is there.

Why score on one play when there is like maybe a 10% chance that you can march down the field more slowly and still score a touchdown.

That logic is irrefutable.

Always bet on the 10%. Because you will win like 10% of them. Wicked. Super secret football game plan.

Edited by PolishDave

Yeah great play, but our D just got off the field and this was the first play of the drive. Anyone else feel like Miami would score on their next drive? I know I did. Not enough offensive plays and D was out there way too long. I guess you can't pass up a matchup opportunity but a long sustained drive there could of been the difference. Reminded me of Jet game. Quick strike but the D goes right back out there:

Please give it a rest. We had the matchup we wanted and took advantage of it.

Plays that actually made a difference:

1. Goodwin not catching the key 3rd down pass

2. Tyrod hanging a wide open Goodwin out to dry on another deep pass ... that one got Goodwin concussed.

3. The 53 yard run from the 2

4. The direct snap to Gillisee on the ten

5. The two DBs colliding on the game clinching underthrown deep pass for a TD.

It's funny that a little nuance isn't allowed here.

In order of preference, since we had a bunch of thee and outs, that killed the defense:

1) Time eating drive resulting in TD

2) Quick TD

3) Three and out

So yes, scoring is good (obviously). But in the midst of a bunch of three and outs, it didn't do our defense any good, regarding rest. You can have a good play for one side of the ball that ends up hurting the other side of the ball. Really wish we could have eaten some more clock on some of those drives, including the TD 'drive'.

It's funny that a little nuance isn't allowed here.

In order of preference, since we had a bunch of thee and outs, that killed the defense:

1) Time eating drive resulting in TD

2) Quick TD

3) Three and out

So yes, scoring is good (obviously). But in the midst of a bunch of three and outs, it didn't do our defense any good, regarding rest. You can have a good play for one side of the ball that ends up hurting the other side of the ball. Really wish we could have eaten some more clock on some of those drives, including the TD 'drive'.

i get what the OP is after. seems you do too. he isnt saying take 7 off the board, or passing on the opportunity if its obviously there.... but in the flow of the game, after a long drive a boom or bust play call might not be what an OC should jump to... if we were talking about what play to call there without the benefit of hindsight, i doubt anyone would be advocating for a deep ball to goodwin to kick off that drive. it worked though, and thats great.