Week 8: Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

So we go with Gillislee. I think he can do the job.

We need McCoy to be 100%, so by all means do not play him until then.

@NickVeronica

If LeSean McCoy's out, Mike Gillislee will start. He's been "limited" this wk but really just got the back of his foot cut up by new cleats.

And since he got treatment from the medical staff to help with the irritation, they have to list him. But he says he's fine.

Gillislee had some new cleats cut into the back of his foot. Nothing serious. Hope he finds the second level throughout the game to keep us in it. I want to know who they will be putting on the field at WR though. I think Clay is near full health and hope our TEs can step up. NE's defense is way overrated, and we should be able to move the ball against them. How much success our offense will have is going to have a lot to do with our RBs. We get the run game going, the pass will open up. Damn, I wish we had more receiving threats.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's earned every drop of bile.

I think he's genuine too.......he genuinely wants to play and play well.......he genuinely wants to get in shape........but he genuinely wants to indulge in food, sloth, fun but illegal activities like smoking the wacky tobacky and drag race etc..

It's not about being genuine........it's about doing what it takes to be the player he is capable of being and is paid very handsomely to be.

It's hard enough to justify a contract when you show up for work every week.......but getting suspended two years in a row? :doh:

I hear you. I just think his heart is in the right place and I'm hoping he has worked through his issues.

@si_nfl

Week 8 picks—plus a look at the future of the NFL's anticlimactic trade deadline—from @ChrisBurke_SI http://on.si.com/2fnHoKt

Cv3wVm1XgAAtCLt.jpg

patriots-bills-week-8.jpg

Two reasons to toss out Buffalo’s Week 4 win over New England when breaking down the rematch: 1) Tom Brady did not play in that game (nor did Jimmy Garoppolo); 2) LeSean McCoy did play. Brady, three starts back from suspension, already is in the MVP conversation with 1,000 yards and eight TDs. Marcell Dareus’s return gives Buffalo a shot to stifle LeGarrette Blount and to pressure Brady up the middle, but the Bills still have to solve the Rob Gronkowski-Martellus Bennett puzzle that no one’s yet cracked. Worse yet, their offense gets neutered when McCoy isn’t in a starring role. Last week, a hobbled McCoy managed just 11 yards on eight carries in a loss to Miami—the Bills netted 267 yards total (worst since Week 1), 75 of those coming on a late drive with the Dolphins in control. Maybe Mike Gillislee or Reggie Bush breaks a long one, but Bill Belichick should break out all the stops to force Tyrod Taylor to the air.

Watchability index (trick-or-treat scale): Laffy Taffy. While I’ll go to bat for this candy, there’s no way you are eating one without pieces of it being stuck in your teeth for approximately a fortnight. Perfect for a rivalry that involves Rex Ryan.