Week 8: Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Ian Rapaport "Dion Lewis expected to practice this week". This is the RB that Rex didn't know the name of last year.

Zero. Point. Zero. That's the chance Dion plays. He's just getting back to practice and won't be nearly game-ready for at least a couple of weeks.

By Andy Hart - patriots.com

Today’s Patriots.com News Blitz has a roundup of a pair of New England trades while beginning to preview this week’s game in Buffalo.

New England’s passing back continuing to work his way back from knee injury.

@billsequipment

Breaking out the throwbacks this week Go #Bills

Bills Throwback Transformation (0:27)

@buffalobills

Out with the new. In with the old. It's throwback week! #GoBillsNFL_Season_2016_BUF.png

Throwback Helmet Transformation (0:13)

patriots.com

New England travels to Buffalo to face the Bills.

The New England Patriots improved to 6-1 with a 27-16 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers last week and will be on the road for the second straight week when they travel to Buffalo to face the Bills. The Patriots will attempt to avenge a 16-0 shutout loss to Buffalo in the first meeting of the season on Oct. 2 at Gillette Stadium and avoid a season sweep. New England has not been swept by a division opponent in 15 seasons, the longest such streak since the 1970 NFL merger. The LA Rams (1970-80) and Dallas Cowboys (1971-81) previously held the mark with 11 consecutive seasons without being swept.

20161026_belichick_press_cf2.jpg?itok=t7

Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick addresses the media during his press conference at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday, October 26, 2016.

@PATRIOTSdotCOM

Head over to http://Patriots.com

for Tom Brady's press conference (expected to start at 11:35am ET). Followed by McCourty & Slater at 12
CvtCRVJVYAAvvmx.jpg

@viccarucci

Lorenzo Alexander getting a "veteran day" off from practice. Z. Brown & Washington won't practice bc of illness.

Shady McCoy is going to continue to get treatment on hamstring. Dareus limited w hamstring. Woods limited w foot. #Bills

Rex said "we'll find out more" about McCoy today. Hopes Dareus is ready to play Sunday.

@buffalobills

Marcell Dareus will be back at practice today. "We're hoping he's out there on Sunday. One of the best in his position in the league."

CvtFyb2WEAElgFn.jpg

@SalSports

Robert Woods and Marcell Dareus are expected to be limited today. Woods is progressing well. - Rex

@ChrisBrownBills

Limited in prac. today- Miller(shoulder), Hughes(hand), Gillislee(foot), Henderson(back) along w/Woods & Dareus. #Bills

@PrescottRossi

Rex Ryan on banged up Bills: "I'm encouraged by the fact that it looks like we might get Marcell back. We'll be fine. We'll just move on."

Rex Ryan on scheming for Brady: "I'd much rather scheme against some other team... a team down at the bottom than at the top."

@viccarucci

Rex on Brady: "We're assuming we're going to get more of what Brady does. More up-tempo, way more empty (formations)." #Bills-#Patriots

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Rex Ryan on Ed Eagan: He looks like Wes Welker. We'll see if he plays like him, but he looks like Wes Welker.

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan says Marcus Easley and Kolby Listenbee are a long way out. Chance they don't play this year.

@viccarucci

#Bills. Rex: "I'm encouraged by the fact it looks like we're going to get Marcell back."

@SalSports

"There's no concern whatsoever....we want to win the football game. All that other stuff doesn't help you win." - Rex on Pats pregame stuff

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Rex Ryan: Encouraged by the fact that Robert Woods (foot) will be limited in practice today. @wgrz

@PrescottRossi

Rex Ryan: "Each week we'll come up with different plans. The main thing is that we know we have to be more efficient in the running game."

@viccarucci

#Bills. Rex says he isn't concerned w Mike Gillislee's foot injury, even though it will limit him in practice today.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@SalSports

Bills WR Ed Eagan will wear number 16.

@viccarucci

#Bills. Rex concedes "the likelihood of catching" the #PatriotsNFL_Season_2016_NE.png "is not that high."

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Rex Ryan: If we don't win this game we "really don't" have a chance to win the division. @wgrz

@SalSports

Bills already have throwback standing buffalo on helmets, ready for Sunday:

CvtL4_1WYAQQknf.jpg

The Patriots coach breaks down how his veteran safety brings impressive value to the New England defense.

Patriots Safety Devin McCourty addresses the media during his press conference at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday, October 26, 2016.

Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady addresses the media during his press conference at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday, October 26, 2016.

Patriots Special Teams Captain Matthew Slater addresses the media during his press conference at Gillette Stadium on Wednesday, October 26, 2016.

@buffalobills

"Every game is a big game in this league. Divisional game. Rivalry. Excited for it along with everyone else in the locker room." #NEvsBUF

Tyrod with high praise: "Always been a fan of Tom Brady and how he prepares. He's one of the greats if not the greatest to play this game."

CvtrBsNWEAAT_sG.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

Marcell says he's playing Sunday against the Patriots. "I can't wait man." #Bills

@buffalobills

Marcell Dareus: "I'm going to be playing on Sunday. I can't wait. We want to pull it off, make it happen." 1f4aa.png1f4aa.png1f4aa.png

Cvtsc4JW8AAmL-4.jpg

@ChrisBrownBills

Marcell- it's been hard being forced to watch. I'm excited to be back. #Bills

@buffalobills

Dareus: "It's hard sitting on the bench. Being the biggest cheerleader doesn't matter. Last week was tough. Being back fills me with joy."

Cvts_JfXYAATQc_.jpg

@mikerodak

Bills CB Nickell Robey-Coleman says Bills DBs will retaliate again if a Patriots player runs through their pregame drills Sunday.

@mikerodak

Bills CB Stephon Gilmore says Bills players will retaliate again if Patriots players run through their drills.

Bills CB Stephon Gilmore on Patriots: "We know their guys like to try to get under your skin and make you react a certain way."

Asked if BUF would retaliate if NE run through pregame drills, Stephon Gilmore says, "Of course. We're not gonna let nobody push us around."

Asked if BUF would retaliate if NE run through pregame drills, Stephon Gilmore says, "Of course. We're not gonna let nobody push us around."

If nobody tries to push them around who are they going to retaliate against?

@PatKirwanRFN

Q: When Dion Lewis returns from injury, what kind of impact do you expect he’ll have? A: https://goo.gl/i0ara2

If nobody tries to push them around who are they going to retaliate against?

Maybe Duke Williams after a blown assignment or Blanton after a missed tackle on Gronk or Bennett. :unsure:

I also think he should ad "ya we will retaliate as long as it isn't Gronk,Brady,Bennett or (insert star player here who could be motivated by being pissed off lol) totally different when it's two rookies who are clueless..

Edited by PatsFanNH