Is Tyrod anti-clutch?

GG

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I'll expand the question to the next thought: if Tyrod isn't the man, what is the answer?

Dudes, We're in a 32 team league that has 10 so-called franchise QB's. Getting one of the 10 would savage your salary cap. Sure you could get one of the 10, and live a year or two of success before being in the league basement, for another long number of years. But who wants that?

2. TT stares down his intended receiver from the snap.

That fricken aggravates me to no end. Can it be fixed by coaching?

3. TT has been mediocre, with the exception of turn overs. The lack of INTs was part of the 4-0.

Edited by boater

The all-22 will be telling.

From limited replays I saw Taylor had WR's open and failed to throw the ball.

...but but didn't you see who was lining up at WR? A bunch of nobodys, how could you ask TT to throw to nobodys? Sammy was out, Woods was out, Shady was hurt, and the oline was turrible, yeah that's it that's why TT was off.

TT stinks and this team is going nowhere with him. We are stuck with him for this year but next year better arrive with a new QB.

1. I'll expand the question to the next thought: if Tyrod isn't the man, what is the answer? Dudes, We're in a 32 team league that has 10 so-called franchise QB's. Getting one of the 10 would savage your salary cap. Sure you could get one of the 10, and live a year or two of success before being in the league basement, for another long number of years. But who wants that?2. TT stares down his intended receiver from the snap.That fricken aggravates me to no end. Can it be fixed by coaching?3. TT has been mediocre, with the exception of turn overs. The lack of INTs was part of the 4-0.

You can get Taylors exact play from a Rookie

You're now starting to sound a little like you're trolling. Who are his "staunch supporters" anyway? I don't think anyone here thinks he's great (he's obviously not). The claim that there is a contigent of such people is a straight-up straw-man argument.

Edited by dave mcbride

You're now starting to sound a little like you're trolling. Who are his "staunch supporters" anyway? I don't think anyone here thinks he's great (he's obviously not). The claim that there amounts to a straw-man argument.

You mean i cant get 5.8 ypa 220 yards and around 60% from a rookir really?

You can, but it's the rare rookie. Tyrod does get away from pressure in a way that most QBs cannot. I don't think the Bills O line is as good as they seem at pass protection. The Bills by all accounts were high on Dak Prescott but gambled that he would be there in a later round due to off field issues and lost out by a few spots. I don't know if there is a player that will be available to them in the '17 draft that would fit the profile. They could make that decision , and end up paying a first round contract with a lot of guaranteed $ to a complete unknown. We'll see. The decision doesn't need to be made until the offseason and this season has a lot left to be written. There's not much point to contemplating it now because we just don't have all the data yet. Why focus so much on the offseason while this season is still very much alive ?

You mean i cant get 5.8 ypa 220 yards and around 60% from a rookir really?

Man, you're barking up the wrong tree, and in any event you're now skewing stats to fit an agenda.

Look at PFR's advanced passing stats for him. He has a 102 rating this year, with 100 being league average. He's an AVERAGE QB, not the piece of garbage you're claiming he is over and over and over. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

You can, but it's the rare rookie. Tyrod does get away from pressure in a way that most QBs cannot. I don't think the Bills O line is as good as they seem at pass protection. The Bills by all accounts were high on Dak Prescott but gambled that he would be there in a later round due to off field issues and lost out by a few spots. I don't know if there is a player that will be available to them in the '17 draft that would fit the profile. They could make that decision , and end up paying a first round contract with a lot of guaranteed $ to a complete unknown. We'll see. The decision doesn't need to be made until the offseason and this season has a lot left to be written. There's not much point to contemplating it now because we just don't have all the data yet. Why focus so much on the offseason while this season is still very much alive ?

The rookies that are playing right now are doing it so how Rare is it?

It is Not hard to play QB on an offense designed to keep your flaws hidden.

On this offense a Rookie can easily do whaf Tyrod does. Hand the Ball to shady and maybe pick up a couple 1st downs

Man, you're barking up the wrong tree, and in any event you're now skewing stats to fit an agenda.

Look at PFR's advanced passing stats for him. He has a 102 rating this year, with 100 being league average. He's an AVERAGE QB, not the piece of garbage you're claiming he is over and over and over. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

Ok tell me. Does tyrod throw the ball with anticipation to a window?

How about his accuracy?

Ball placement good?

What about use of the entire field has he improved?

Why do we have to accept AVG, when right now clearly he is not good enough

To be fair, the specific context here is not whether TT is a piece of garbage, it's whether he's a piece of garbage when the game is on the line.

It's actually quite phenomenal, from a team perspective, that in only 10 of the 21 games he's started have they even experienced a 4 point deficit.

But it's doubly phenomenal that all but one of those deficits couldn't be overcome.

In that sense, sorry, he's a piece of garbage.

To be fair, the specific context here is not whether TT is a piece of garbage, it's whether he's a piece of garbage when the game is on the line.

It's actually quite phenomenal, from a team perspective, that in only 10 of the 21 games he's started have they even experienced a 4 point deficit.

But it's doubly phenomenal that all but one of those deficits couldn't be overcome.

In that sense, sorry, he's a piece of garbage.

You'll get no argument from me about his inability to perform late in games. I shifted to the overall performance because that's the way the conversation drifted.

On this offense a Rookie can easily do whaf Tyrod does. Hand the Ball to shady and maybe pick up a couple 1st downs

How about his accuracy?

Ball placement good?

How good is he at escaping sacks? What's his overall completion percentage? (It's 62.6 percent.) What's his ypa? (7.5.) How is as a runner? How often does he turn over the ball? Again, you cherry pick the things he clearly doesn't do well at and ignore the things that he is good at. You need to look at the entire picture, not just the areas that are your particular hobby horse.

Edited by dave mcbride

How about his accuracy?

Ball placement good?

The rookies doing it now are a national story, probably because it is rare and unexpected. One season is not a large sample size, and plenty of rookie QBs have flamed out over the years or just been complete busts. The old saying in the NFL is " you can't hide your QB". So it's probably fairly hard to play QB well at the NFL level, even in an offense designed to hide your flaws. Maybe there is a rookie playing right now that the Bills coveted and didn't get such as Prescott. Perhaps there will be one available to them in the next draft that they feel they can win with. We will find out.... In the offseason. Bills fans don't have to accept average. We can go be fans of another team if we choose. The question is will Terry Pegula and the Bills front office accept what they get out of Tyrod Taylor? Or will they go in another direction. It seems if they were all in on Tyrod for even the immediate future (2-3 years) they would have done a completely different contract with TT and gotten it over with. They didn't . They deferred the decision until this season was in the books because TT s grade was " incomplete ".

I mean Tyrod literally had no help at the skill positions yesterday.

Would a better TE have helped Hotrod seeing him 10 yards in front of him all by his lonesome on 3rd and short? Would a better WR have allowed Hotrod to throw a catchable pass on the last play?

It was a team loss, but blaming Hotrod's miserable 4th quarter performance on the other guys is a lame excuse IMHO. Hotrod had his chances, but sadly did not come through (again).

The system didn't fail him the Buffalo defense did!!!

Tyrod had better stats than Tallywhacker!! In that game, Tyrod had one TD passing one TD rushing! Dunno how much more he can do as he can't pass the ball and catch it at the same time!

The biggest difference in the game was the Bills defense allowing Ajayi 214 yards rushing. It's like the Bills defenders forgot how to tackle in the fourth quarter!

Outside of the big play to Goodwin he/we did next to nothing on offense in the second half. I mean after the Goodwin TD sure Miami marched down the field and got a TD but we were still up three, and how does TT respond? Two drives and he gains us 9 yards through the air.

You'll get no argument from me about his inability to perform late in games. I shifted to the overall performance because that's the way the conversation drifted.

That shift eluded me.

Again, I find it pretty remarkable that they've only trailed by 4 points or more in less than half of his games. That's not lost by, that's trailed by, at any point.

That--in some measure--is a testament to his "overall" ability.