Is Tyrod anti-clutch?

GG

Would a better TE have helped Hotrod seeing him 10 yards in front of him all by his lonesome on 3rd and short? Would a better WR have allowed Hotrod to throw a catchable pass on the last play?

It was a team loss, but blaming Hotrod's miserable 4th quarter performance on the other guys is a lame excuse IMHO. Hotrod had his chances, but sadly did not come through (again).

That's just not a fair way to argue. It's possible to say that he has clearly struggled in late-game situations AND acknowledge that the Bills offense was a JV squad in the second half yesterday and that it affected his game. Both items can be true.

That shift eluded me.

Again, I find it pretty remarkable that they've only trailed by 4 points or more in less than half of his games. That's not lost by, that's trailed by, at any point.

That--in some measure--is a testament to his "overall" ability.

Good point. Him hardly ever turning the ball over is a big part of that.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just not a fair way to argue. It's possible to say that he has clearly struggled in late-game situations AND acknowledge that the Bills offense was a JV squad in the second half yesterday and that it affected his game. Both items can be true.

Good point. Him hardly ever turning the ball over is a big part of that.

Right, and him not taking risks is a big part of why they never crawl back in. Saves them on turnovers, though.

It's a !@#$ing puzzle with this guy.

Right, and him not taking risks is a big part of why they never crawl back in. Saves them on turnovers, though.

It's a !@#$ing puzzle with this guy.

Ironically, once it hits garbage time he does let it loose and uses the entire field. He did it against the Giants last year (remember the negated TD throw to Clay because of the BS call on Incognito?). Happened against the Jets and Dolphins too this season. When they're down late by one score, though, he always tries to avoid the middle of the field because he knows that's where the picks occur. Even on his picks against the Jets this year and Philly last year, he was throwing to the edges.

Edited by dave mcbride

How good is he at escaping sacks? What's his overall completion percentage? (It's 62.6 percent.) What's his ypa? (7.5.) How is as a runner? How often does he turn over the ball? Again, you cherry pick the things he clearly doesn't do well at and ignore the things that he is good at. You need to look at the entire picture, not just the areas that are your particular hobby horse.

Again my conversation is always about his development. Improve the bad maintaining the good.

Something he hasnt done. I know he is good with legs, i get it. How is he as a QB. Has he improved any of those weaknesses the same.ones he had on a college scoutibg report

People keep telling me he will get better. But yet he hasnt, so when will he get better?

Edited by MAJBobby

Again my conversation is always about his development. Improve the bad maintaining the good.

Something he hasnt done. I know he is good with legs, i get it. How is he as a QB. Has he improved any of those weaknesses the same.ones he had on a college scoutibg report

One of his big weaknesses according to college scouts was throwing ill-advised picks too frequently and not taking care of the ball. He has definitely addressed that. He has to become better as a thrower, but I don't know as if that's really possible at this point. He is who he is.

Edited by dave mcbride

One of his big weaknesses according to college scouts was throwing ill-advised picks too frequently and not taking care of the ball. He has definitely addressed that. He has to become better as a thrower, but I don't know as if that's really possible at this point. He is who he is.

And that is my point. He is who he is. And i dont think you can win long term with that

And that is my point. He is who he is. And i dont think you can win long term with that

You can win 10 games with him though - to me, he is a guy who CAN get a team to the playoffs (unlike his predecessors). And honestly, that's all I'm looking for at this point.

Edited by dave mcbride

You can win 10 games with him though - to me, he is a guy who CAN get a team to the playoffs (unlike his predecessors). And honestly, that's all I'm looking for at this point.

See i dont think so. You can win if your play perfect football. If make mistskes, get behind etc your in trouble with him.

So as long at the rest of the team plays great he can win.

See i dont think so. You can win if your play perfect football. If make mistskes, get behind etc your in trouble with him.

So as long at the rest of the team plays great he can win.

Let's see how this season plays out. The schedule works in such a way that the Bills have a solid chance of getting to 10 wins. I'm not sure that gets them into the playoffs because of the AFC west situation, but they are in it. They're going to get destroyed by NE, but people shouldn't worry about that. It's the final 8 games that'll determine the season.

But you aren't the GM, and you don't have absolute job security. The issue you are going to run into is that you will be fired when/if the team bottoms out.

This is were the owner needs to keep the long term goal for what is best for the team an option. I live in LA and Jeff Fisher is retarding the progress Jared Geoff should be making in a vain attempt to keep his job. The rams owner Stan Kronie has no clue as to how to handle this.

Agreed. If the Bills do fall short though this year, everything is up for grabs, including his contract/future with the team.

Agreed. If the Bills do fall short though this year, everything is up for grabs, including his contract/future with the team.

Yep. It could go either way right now. No playoffs and all options will be open. Just watching games, I don't like the Bills chances when they don't have the lead late. Is that because of Tyrod? Is it because of our lack of WRs? I don't know, just a gut feeling that this team only wins when they build a lead and hold onto it for dear life with defense. Needing to score quickly in a pressure, 2 minute situation doesn't seem to be a good scenario for this bunch. With some teams, you see a team take the lead late and you think " they left them two minutes, way too much time" . With the Bills they are as good as done in that scenario. It's not like you think " oh we've got Taylor, put it in the W column". Tyrods got some ground to make up.

Yep. It could go either way right now. No playoffs and all options will be open. Just watching games, I don't like the Bills chances when they don't have the lead late. Is that because of Tyrod? Is it because of our lack of WRs? I don't know, just a gut feeling that this team only wins when they build a lead and hold onto it for dear life with defense. Needing to score quickly in a pressure, 2 minute situation doesn't seem to be a good scenario for this bunch. With some teams, you see a team take the lead late and you think " they left them two minutes, way too much time" . With the Bills they are as good as done in that scenario. It's not like you think " oh we've got Taylor, put it in the W column". Tyrods got some ground to make up.

It's because of Taylor. Watch a team with a franchise QB, even the scrub WRs will make the occasional play...not us

This is were the owner needs to keep the long term goal for what is best for the team an option. I live in LA and Jeff Fisher is retarding the progress Jared Geoff should be making in a vain attempt to keep his job. The rams owner Stan Kronie has no clue as to how to handle this.

I don't know, but I suspect the Fish doesn't want to let Goff in because he believes throwing young QBs in to play as rookies stunts their development. Think of EJ and JP for example. 2 1st round picks we rushed in to start only to fail miserably. He has experience with this too with Jake Locker. Actually, I think it's a good plan.

It's because of Taylor. Watch a team with a franchise QB, even the scrub WRs will make the occasional play...not us

Salas catching a bomb on a scramble drill vs the Jets doesn't count?

I don't know, but I suspect the Fish doesn't want to let Goff in because he believes throwing young QBs in to play as rookies stunts their development. Think of EJ and JP for example. 2 1st round picks we rushed in to start only to fail miserably. He has experience with this too with Jake Locker. Actually, I think it's a good plan.

Salas catching a bomb on a scramble drill vs the Jets doesn't count?

The context I was referring to was when they don't have the lead late and have to come from behind to win. Granted we never do that...so my point is moot

This loss is not on Tyrod. Clearly on the D and some of the most unimaginative play calling I have seen. A Lynn got owned yesterday. So did Thurman if he was actually calling the defense.

I see a theme here whenever Taylor has a bad game it is the OC play calling

Tyrod has his strengths, but it's frustrating to see him leave so many plays that are there for the taking on the field on a fairly regular basis.