A few thoughts about the Fins Game (Tribute to BillFromNYC)

Virgil

Well, as many of us thought, no McCoy, no offense. Bills failed to break 30 points and the defense got absolutely steam rolled. Some players came to play, some didn't even suit up (Yes, !@#$ you Dareus). The Dolphins beat us today with our own gameplan. Ran the ball, made the passes when they needed to at the end to seal it.

4-3 with our next 3 games coming up is a huge blow. We now need to pull out at least 2 wins from the Pats, Steelers, Raiders, Seahawks, and Bengals.

1. !@#$ Dareus

• Go ahead TD run was right down his area. I'm sure I'm being insensitive about a man's injury, but the overall situation with him this season has been a joke.

1. Shaq

• Owned early on 3rd down

• Running into the blocks, not trying to get the edge

• Looks slow in pursuit - Tanny outran him on two major plays

1. McCoy

• No burst, left at start of 2nd half, never should have played. Didn't seem like they were really trying to run with him. What was the point? Poor choice and could've hurt us a lot

1. Lorax - MVP

• almost sack, forced bad throw 1st drive. Had to be held on the first drive.

• Lorax blew up the 3rd down on 2nd drive, had to be held

• Hit Tanny hard on deep throw on 3rd series

• Great KR tackle after TD (negated by offsides)

• Run stuff in 2nd half on first drive was brutal!

• Never gave up on his sack. Consistent and fights

• Even made a tackle on a punt

1. Goodwin

• Two good catches, one with adjustment

• Catching with his hands. Running better routes, really coming along.

• That deep td, the minute it left TT's hands I thought he had to overthrow whoever it was too. That was crazy how quick he got deep. I yelled WOW as it happened

1. Tyrod

• Doing what needs to be done and played like he has all season. Needs the support of a run game and defense. Got neither today

• Hunter started out strong with TT Rapport and then faded away

• Broke out of pocket when didn't need to on 3rd series

• Great throw to Clay, staying in the pocket, taking the hit

• Final Drive – 3 and out

• Clay didn't break on screen play fast enough

• 2nd down play, breaks sack, but then throws it away with time to make something happen

• 3rd down

• Before timeout – TT gets in Powell's face about somethinig

• Throw was good, but choice was poor. DB had safety help and the S easily made the play.

1. Arabian wind, The needle's eye is thin, The ships of state sail on mirage, And drown in sand, Out in no-man's land where Allah does command.

What good is spilling blood? It will not grow a thing; Taste eternity the swords sing: Blues of Allah In 'sh'Allah.

They lie where they fall, There's nothing more to say, The desert stars are bright tonight lets meet as friends, The Flower of Islam, The Fruit of Abraham.

The thousand stories have come round to one again, Arabian night, Our Gods pursue their fight, What fatal flowers of darkness bloom from seeds of light.

Bird of paradise fly in white sky, Blues for Allah In 'sh'Allah, Let's see with our heart, These things our eyes have seen, And know the truth must still lie somewhere in between.

Under eternity, under eternity, under eternity blue, Bird of paradise fly in white sky, Blues for Allah In 'sh'Allah.

1. Defense

• Pass rush only around 20% of the time

• Run defense took every other series off

• Aaron Williams Hit better not lead to Duke Williams messing up

• Even when sending the house, dolphins o-line didn't let anyone break free (no jailbreaks)

• Run Defense just terrible. The 4th quarter Ajayi run can't happen

• Defense couldn't get themselves off the field. Can't put it on the offense

• 3rd down pay with 6 minutes left – Tannehil outruns Shaq again

• Final TD was just a perfect example of a gassed defense.

• Gave up over 200 rushing yards

• Gave up 22 4th quarter points!

1. Offensive Line

• Mills owned by Wake 1st drive twice! Got better for a bit, then fell apart at the end

• Hard to block when you run the playclock down to 1 second and let the defense know when they can Tee off. Shades of Greg Roman

• DIFFERENCE IN THE GAME – 2 3rd down plays (sack, couldn't get 2-3 yards) that prevented long field goals

1. Blocked Punt – Anyone else worried it would be a flag because we are Bills. Special teams was only positive team to get a positive grade today

Random 2nd Half Tragedy Points that just stood out at the time

• 3rd and short on first play was almost 2 yards and they run a FB sneak?! Terrible call

• On same call against gilmore, huge hold on dolphins offense. BS miss

• Great adjustment by Corey Grahm to break up deep throw

• No idea what Gillislee was doing on the direct snap play

• Offense getting to the ball with under 10 seconds again. Affecting blocking tramatically because defense knows when to go

Edited by FireRex

Well, as many of us thought, no McCoy, no offense. Bills failed to break 30 points and the defense got absolutely steam rolled. Some players came to play, some didn't even suit up (Yes, !@#$ you Dareus). The Dolphins beat us today with our own gameplan. Ran the ball, made the passes when they needed to at the end to seal it.

4-3 with our next 3 games coming up is a huge blow. We now need to pull out at least 2 wins from the Pats, Steelers, Raiders, Seahawks, and Bengals.

• !@#$ Dareus

• Go ahead TD run was right down his area. I'm sure I'm being insensitive about a man's injury, but the overall situation with him this season has been a joke.

[/size]

• Shaq

• McCoy

• No burst, left at start of 2nd half, never should have played. Didn't seem like they were really trying to run with him. What was the point? Poor choice and could've hurt us a lot

• Lorax - MVP

• Goodwin

• That deep td, the minute it left TT's hands I thought he had to overthrow whoever it was too. That was crazy how quick he got deep. I yelled WOW as it happened

• Tyrod

• Doing what needs to be done and played like he has all season. Needs the support of a run game and defense. Got neither today

• 2nd down play, breaks sack, but then throws it away with time to make something happen

• 3rd down

• Throw was good, but choice was poor. DB had safety help and the S easily made the play.

• Arabian wind, The needle's eye is thin, The ships of state sail on mirage, And drown in sand, Out in no-man's land where Allah does command.

What good is spilling blood? It will not grow a thing; Taste eternity the swords sing: Blues of Allah In 'sh'Allah. [/size] [/size]

They lie where they fall, There's nothing more to say, The desert stars are bright tonight lets meet as friends, The Flower of Islam, The Fruit of Abraham. [/size] [/size]

The thousand stories have come round to one again, Arabian night, Our Gods pursue their fight, What fatal flowers of darkness bloom from seeds of light. [/size] [/size]

Bird of paradise fly in white sky, Blues for Allah In 'sh'Allah, Let's see with our heart, These things our eyes have seen, And know the truth must still lie somewhere in between. [/size] [/size]

Under eternity, under eternity, under eternity blue, Bird of paradise fly in white sky, Blues for Allah [/size]In 'sh'Allah[/size].[/size] [/size]

• Defense

• Even when sending the house, dolphins o-line didn't let anyone break free (no jailbreaks)

[/size]

• Offensive Line

• Mills owned by Wake 1st drive twice! Got better for a bit, then fell apart at the end

• Hard to block when you run the playclock down to 1 second and let the defense know when they can Tee off. Shades of Greg Roman

• DIFFERENCE IN THE GAME – 2 3rd down plays (sack, couldn't get 2-3 yards) that prevented long field goals

[/size]

[/size]

• Blocked Punt – Anyone else worried it would be a flag because we are Bills. Special teams was only positive team to get a positive grade today

[/size]

[/size]

Random 2[/size]nd[/size] Half Tragedy Points that just stood out at the time[/size] [/size]

• 3rd and short on first play was almost 2 yards and they run a FB sneak?! Terrible call

• Offense getting to the ball with under 10 seconds again. Affecting blocking tramatically because defense knows when to go

when did you write this during the opening fish drive?

This game hurst my feelings. We were physically dominated. I don't know what to say. Just beat up

Yeah. I'm trying to keep it positive and unbias but it's hard today. Just got manhandled.

I will say this though. I was more down on us after 0-2 and Rex got them back up. Here's hoping.

The decision to play McCoy was a problem for other reasons. It put a guy in the backfield who could not perform. Gillislie would have been a much better choice from the beginning. He's not as talented but the Bills could have relied on him.

Don't blame Shaq on not catching Tannehill. Tannehill was outrunning everyone and Shaq got in on a few plays in pursuit. Not ready to make any judgments on his first game. !@#$ Dareus is right. HE won't be back for a while and that's a problem.

when did you write this during the opening fish drive?

I tried the keeping notes throughout the game approach. It kinda sucked :thumbdown:

The decision to play McCoy was a problem for other reasons. It put a guy in the backfield who could not perform. Gillislie would have been a much better choice from the beginning. He's not as talented but the Bills could have relied on him.

Don't blame Shaq on not catching Tannehill. Tannehill was outrunning everyone and Shaq got in on a few plays in pursuit. Not ready to make any judgments on his first game. !@#$ Dareus is right. HE won't be back for a while and that's a problem.

Tanny has some speed. I guess I was just underwhelmed with Shaq in open space. Didn't see much to be inspired by

1. !@#$ Dareus

1. Shaq

1. McCoy

1. Lorax - MVP

1. Goodwin

1. Tyrod

• 3rd down

1. Arabian wind, The needle's eye is thin, The ships of state sail on mirage, And drown in sand, Out in no-man's land where Allah does command.

What good is spilling blood? It will not grow a thing; Taste eternity the swords sing: Blues of Allah In 'sh'Allah.

They lie where they fall, There's nothing more to say, The desert stars are bright tonight lets meet as friends, The Flower of Islam, The Fruit of Abraham.

The thousand stories have come round to one again, Arabian night, Our Gods pursue their fight, What fatal flowers of darkness bloom from seeds of light.

Bird of paradise fly in white sky, Blues for Allah In 'sh'Allah, Let's see with our heart, These things our eyes have seen, And know the truth must still lie somewhere in between.

Under eternity, under eternity, under eternity blue, Bird of paradise fly in white sky, Blues for Allah In 'sh'Allah.

1. Defense

1. Offensive Line

1. Blocked Punt – Anyone else worried it would be a flag because we are Bills. Special teams was only positive team to get a positive grade today

Wow this is fantastically accurate. Really nice write up!

My basic take -

TT and glass (scary right?) were the best players on O today. Don't let the obsessive Tyrod doubters skew reality ( to those who didn't see the game). Defense sucked. O-line sucked both run and pass blocking..TT had about 1 second in the pocket on avg on many pass plays. No wr's to speak of healthy and no Shady. There's your story of the game. pretty simple really. The bad part is they won't likely have enough fire power to hang with NE next week either though, nor Seattle the next :(

The Dolphins rushed for 256 yards and Ajayi had 214 yards by himself with a 7.4 yard per carry average!!

It was 267 yards of offense for Buffalo to 454 for Miami. This was against the 21st ranked offense in the league and their defense is ranked 26th. Time of possession 22:58 Buffalo vs 37:02 Miami.

Needless to say that LeSean McCoy makes that offense work when he brings his A game and when he doesn't they have a tough time moving the ball. Yes, it doesn't help to have Sammy, Woods not playing.

What bugged me about today's game was the defense wasn't able to stop Ajayi at all and his 214 yards rushing helped carry them to the win!

1. !@#$ Dareus

1. Shaq

1. McCoy

1. Lorax - MVP

1. Goodwin

1. Tyrod

• 3rd down

1. Defense

1. Offensive Line

On #6....Pitchforks are out. He doesn't deserve the pitchforks. Am I right? We need WR help and Sammy needs to watch the new #1 WR drafted this year. He is a #2 or backup unless he gets more sturdy!