The good and the bad of Goodwin

YoloinOhio

I thought they gave up on Easley as a WR long ago, except in emergencies. He's stayed on the roster as a STer.

Run the correct route, then you have a chance to catch the ball

His issue is less route-running and more has to do with the subtle skills of the position, like leverage, attacking the ball and fighting for position.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See? All it took for the stragglers was to see this guy play uninjured for a long stretch (as if 2014 never happened) to finally come around to the obvious. He's a waste of roster space.

I've been right there with you from the beginning WEO. "Defenses have to game plan for him"..... Do they? I am not sure what game planning is required for a bloke who runs fast (not necessarily in the same direction as the ball) and doesn't catch anything.

His issue is less route-running and more has to do with the subtle skills of the position, like leverage, attacking the ball and fighting for position.

.......field awareness etc..

The guy hasn't practiced much football since his rookie year and he was a half-pregnant football player at Texas before that.

Very talented but without the refined game that just makes him an even smaller target than he naturally is and Tyrod is not a tight window thrower.

Nice guy off the field but a selfish, low character teammate.......it's been entertaining watching him scramble to keep his gravy train on the tracks while fans look on in shock that he hasn't landed on IR yet.

I've been right there with you from the beginning WEO. "Defenses have to game plan for him"..... Do they? I am not sure what game planning is required for a bloke who runs fast (not necessarily in the same direction as the ball) and doesn't catch anything.

His own offense doesn't even game plan for him.

He's an afterthought. A bizarre roster decision for this season still. He's a decoy that no one notices.

His mythological status on this site was always a head scratcher for me...

Edited by Mr. WEO

See previous post describing obvious route gaffe:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/189389-the-good-and-the-bad-of-goodwin/?p=4093566

I believe there was also a Fitz INT once where it was acknowledged Goodwin ran the wrong route down near the endzone.

All your points are germaine and part of the "Glass" picture, but there's no reason a vet WR on his 2nd year in an offensive scheme should make fundamental errors in route running

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/189389-the-good-and-the-bad-of-goodwin/?p=4093566

I believe there was also a Fitz INT once where it was acknowledged Goodwin ran the wrong route down near the endzone.

All your points are germaine and part of the "Glass" picture, but there's no reason a vet WR on his 2nd year in an offensive scheme should make fundamental errors in route running

Yes, but regarding him being a vet.........his pro football career basically just began when training camp started this year.

Playbook-shmlaybook......he wasn't reading that sh*t......the only books he was reading were vegan cookbooks.

If there were an Olympics next year he'd be instagramming clips of his gymnastics workouts from IR right now........ like he was doing about this time last year.

Yes, but regarding him being a vet.........his pro football career basically just began when training camp started this year.

Playbook-shmlaybook......he wasn't reading that sh*t......the only books he was reading were vegan cookbooks.

If there were an Olympics next year he'd be instagramming clips of his gymnastics workouts from IR right now........ like he was doing about this time last year.

Don't knock vegan cookbooks!

Don't have time to go through this right now so it might have been mentioned...because of his speed, and because he can at anytime take one to the house, the D has to prepare for, and account for him. That's in spite of his less than stellar contributions. This helps with the run game and the short passing game. Overall, it's better to have him out there than not. Just wish he added more.

Thank goodness somebody gets it!

How do you know that? Were you his library buddy? Did you loan him your vegan cookbooks?

I think I saw a pic of him reading one in a lounge chair at minicamp in the shade of the 10 gallon baseball hat he was wearing on his 2 quart head. Not running routes today coach, but I will make you some of my vegan cheesecake. Rex took one bite and when Marquiche turned away he promptly spit it back on his plate and dumped it in the trash.

Either that or I read it in a news story.

I'll be danged. I thought you were just raving, but here it is. Vegan cheesecake

The fitz one you are thinking of was graham, no? A guy that did nothing to buy Goodwin any leash as many kind of string them along into a single player