Shady injures hamstring in practice

Chances are no one on earth knows if he's playing. He wants to. He's close. Certain members of brass want to be cautious. It's a bigger game than NE. Two days is a long time with a minor injury.

Getting to 5-2 with a 2-2 AFC record (2-1 in the AFC East) is very important to their playoff chances.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you guys think this is a bigger game than NE? Just curious

Imo, they're all big, but giving NE a loss is much bigger than giving Miami a loss. If you could choose to win vs Miami and lose to patriots OR lose to Miami and win vs the patriots, which would you choose? Or is it just bigger because you don't think we can beat the patriots and a loss vs Miami will put us at 4-4

Imo, they're all big, but giving NE a loss is much bigger than giving Miami a loss. If you could choose to win vs Miami and lose to patriots OR lose to Miami and win vs the patriots, which would you choose? Or is it just bigger because you don't think we can beat the patriots and a loss vs Miami will put us at 4-4

If we have to lose one of these 2 sure the NE game is more important. But all divisional games are critical. I prefer we win both.

Most of all because it is a winnable game that would continue to the momentum toward NE at home, which is a semi-winnable game but less so than Miami. Brady's record against us is what it is. Even if we play well we have a good chance to lose. That's why we have to have this one Sunday. I don't think the Seattle game is very winnable with their defense and some of the matchups. If we lose to Miami I think we are looking at a 3 game losing streak and will be in a very bad place.

Beat Miami and then if you can steal one of the next two, great. If not, Cincy after the bye is the next huge game.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Most of all because it is a winnable game that would continue to the momentum toward NE at home, which is a semi-winnable game but less so than Miami. Brady's record against us is what it is. Even if we play well we have a good chance to lose. That's why we have to have this one Sunday. I don't think the Seattle game is very winnable with their defense and some of the matchups. If we lose to Miami I think we are looking at a 3 game losing streak and will be in a very bad place.

Beat Miami and then if you can steal one of the next two, great. If not, Cincy after the bye is the next huge game.

Right--getting to 5-2 is exactly where this team needs to be to have a clear path to the postseason.

I would never want to write any game off as a loss, but beating Miami sets the table for the team to be above 0.500 coming out of the bye despite having to face NE and then a road MNF game against Seattle.

Well, turns out Josina Anderson is a world class hack like the rest of ESPN reporters.

I'd bet my savings that he don't play. It looks like the local media is just being used to play mind games with the Dolphins. Anderson was all over the Shady story in Philly with the cops and with the trade to Buffalo. Shady's agent said questionable/doubtful would be a fair guess. Lynn said he didn't want to go week to week with the injury.

Put it all together, they play it safe and he sits.

@ChrisBrownBills

LeSean McCoy will be a game time decision Sunday. Listed as questionable. #Bills

@MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan on McCoy: "We'll see how it goes. We're confident with the guys we have behind him. We'll be smart with him."

Rex Ryan: "Shady wants to play ... We're not ruling Shady out."

LeSean McCoy: "I felt alright. Real limited today."

LeSean McCoy said this isn't as bad as the hamstring issue he deal with last year. Same leg.

I'd bet my savings that he don't play. It looks like the local media is just being used to play mind games with the Dolphins. Anderson was all over the Shady story in Philly with the cops and with the trade to Buffalo. Shady's agent said questionable/doubtful would be a fair guess. Lynn said he didn't want to go week to week with the injury.

I think the opposite. Why in the world would he be out there running routes today if he were really injured "bigly"? :rolleyes: Think it's all a smoke screen to make Miami think he won't play.

Edited by Meark

If we have to lose one of these 2 sure the NE game is more important. But all divisional games are critical. I prefer we win both.

Right--getting to 5-2 is exactly where this team needs to be to have a clear path to the postseason.

I would never want to write any game off as a loss, but beating Miami sets the table for the team to be above 0.500 coming out of the bye despite having to face NE and then a road MNF game against Seattle.

Makes sense. I guess I just feel we have a better chance to beat the pats at home than everyone else.....if SHADY is a full go. We're clicking on all cylinders and, IMO, have the pieces to take them down. Adding marcel and shaq to the current group will only make us stronger. I also feel that Seattle is very beatable. Adding shaq and dareus will improve our run d and Seattle has to run the ball to be successful against us IMO. I think we have a good chance to get a W there.

How does one "prepare" to be juked out of one's jock?

Seems to me this doesn't mean anything with respect to Miami's preparation; Shady is testing it out lightly today, then has a couple more days and will truly be a "game time" decision.

I'm certain Miam would prep much more heavily for the run game if Shady were playing. They'll still plan on a heavy run prep anyways, but they'll also know that the O might need to lean on TT more.

Either way. If he's below 90%, I hope they sit him. We don't need Shady hobbled all year. Lynn essentially said the same thing.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I don't see lightly jogging through drills as that risky. It's something he would need to do as he works back to full health.

The point is they're not putting him on the practice field as a smokescreen. He's out there to test where he is so he gauge his chances of playing on Sunday in an important contest.

The point is they're not putting him on the practice field as a smokescreen. He's out there to test where he is so he gauge his chances of playing on Sunday in an important contest.

Correct. Them putting him out there to practice isn't a smokescreen. Acting as if he could play is, IMO. I'm reading heavily into what Lynn said yesterday. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

How much do you have in your savings? I may take that bet

Correct. Them putting him out there to practice isn't a smokescreen. Acting as if he'll play is, IMO. I'm reading heavily into what Lynn said yesterday.

You should read heavily into what Lynn said yesterday....IF Shady's injury is that serious, its smart to sit him so its not a year long issue like last year....BUT, he didn't say this injury was as bad as last years and that if Shady plays on it he is def. going to hurt it further. So while you are smart to read heavily into it, its not smart to automatically assume that IS indeed the case

Big difference between a strained hamstring and an "ouch, did I just tweak something in my leg? I better sit out until Sunday and see how it feels because who really gives a **** about PRACTICE" (and then the media caught wind and everything went cray cray)

Edited by PaattMaann

Correct. Them putting him out there to practice isn't a smokescreen. Acting as if he could play is, IMO. I'm reading heavily into what Lynn said yesterday.

Okay.

@JoeBuscaglia

Judge for yourself: #Bills star RB LeSean McCoy talks after practice. The highlights: https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/789505700041023488