Watkins Return ?

AtlBills

Wrong....

Sammy can only return if another offensive player gets hurt and takes his place on IR. You must designate an offensive and defensive player on IR.

Nobody has to take his place on IR, he can come off IR after 8 weeks and be placed back on the roster but the Bills would need to open up a roster spot by releasing someone unless they put them on IR if they want to keep them

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed 100 %.

and for the record, i do like him.

I also think he is working to become a better HC everyday. Will it be enough? i cannot answer that

Yes and I wonder if the Pegulas may have had something to do with it. He suddenly went from buffoonery to acting like a normal coach.

Yes and I wonder if the Pegulas may have had something to do with it. He suddenly went from buffoonery to acting like a normal coach.

I think you have to give some credit to Rex for recognizing his own flaws. He said it himself that he verbally oversteps limits that he shouldn't and said he won't be doing that this season. So sure, it could have been a wish of the Pegulas but I also think he's recognizing a little humility in his tenure here

Ok so everything I see says that the 1st game Sammy is eligible to play is Jags on 11/27. But it also says he can start practicing on 11/11 and then they have 3 weeks to activate him. Anyone know why - assuming he does practice next week - he couldn't be activated for the Bengals game as long as he's ready?

Edit: never mind. I'm assuming it's just a different designation on when they can start practicing vs when they can actually play.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Sanjay Lal said today that Sammy feels he is ready to come back. But It will be up to the trainers and medical staff.

We can definitely use him but the thing that has me wanting to vomit with this team is, we know (or think we know) who can contribute to the offense and then they have bipolar games.

I for one wrote Goodwin off years ago. But the game has me thinking, wow, he can ACTUALLY be a great WR. But, after heartbreak after heartbreak, I'm sure he will just look below average again against the Bengals.

Robert Woods. Im a fan. I been a fan. That will not change. He's the most consistent WR we've had since Stevie Johnson.

Charles Clay. We KNOW he has talent. We KNOW what he can do. But Tyrod sees him one week and doesn't see him for another 4 weeks.

Watkins. AMAZING talent. No question. But we've gotten used to him not playing all 16 games. But when he DOES play, i feel like Tyrod looks to him more than the other receivers and tight ends which kind of narrows the playbook.

The running game is solid. It's actually better than last year and last year apparently we led the league. I thought we would hurt by the loss of Karlos but I'm REALLY starting to like Gillislee.

All in all. We never know which Bills offense is gonna show up. Adding a talent like Watkins back to the roster doesn't excite me anymore. Until Tyrod plays the way he did on Monday on a consistent basis, our offense will always be a question mark.

Everything looks good with the offense when everything falls into place. Anthony Lynn HAS to call a great game, Robert Wooda just has to be Robert Woods (no worries there), Goodwin has to show that he is actually an NFL player, Tyrod has to be able to distribute the ball to different receivers and Watkins has to stay healthy.

Adding a "better" player to the roster doesn't solve the Bills offensive struggles to me anymore is basically what I'm getting at. We just need to be consistent and we need to have an "identity". Opposing teams don't have to necessarily know what to look for when they play us, but they should at least know that we have weapons all over the field and not just Watkins when he returns.

Does anybody gameplan for Charles Clay? I mean really. The answer is no because the Bills dont throw to tight ends. I dont watch All 22 film or anything like that so maybe someone who does can tell me. Is it Tyrod not seeing the tight ends, or is it the tight ends can't get separation?

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

We can definitely use him but the thing that has me wanting to vomit with this team is, we know (or think we know) who can contribute to the offense and then they have bipolar games.

I for one wrote Goodwin off years ago. But the game has me thinking, wow, he can ACTUALLY be a great WR. But, after heartbreak after heartbreak, I'm sure he will just look below average again against the Bengals.

Robert Woods. Im a fan. I been a fan. That will not change. He's the most consistent WR we've had since Stevie Johnson.

Charles Clay. We KNOW he has talent. We KNOW what he can do. But Tyrod sees him one week and doesn't see him for another 4 weeks.

Watkins. AMAZING talent. No question. But we've gotten used to him not playing all 16 games. But when he DOES play, i feel like Tyrod looks to him more than the other receivers and tight ends which kind of narrows the playbook.

The running game is solid. It's actually better than last year and last year apparently we led the league. I thought we would hurt by the loss of Karlos but I'm REALLY starting to like Gillislee.

All in all. We never know which Bills offense is gonna show up. Adding a talent like Watkins back to the roster doesn't excite me anymore. Until Tyrod plays the way he did on Monday on a consistent basis, our offense will always be a question mark.

Everything looks good with the offense when everything falls into place. Anthony Lynn HAS to call a great game, Robert Wooda just has to be Robert Woods (no worries there), Goodwin has to show that he is actually an NFL player, Tyrod has to be able to distribute the ball to different receivers and Watkins has to stay healthy.

Adding a "better" player to the roster doesn't solve the Bills offensive struggles to me anymore is basically what I'm getting at. We just need to be consistent and we need to have an "identity". Opposing teams don't have to necessarily know what to look for when they play us, but they should at least know that we have weapons all over the field and not just Watkins when he returns.

Does anybody gameplan for Charles Clay? I mean really. The answer is no because the Bills dont throw to tight ends. I dont watch All 22 film or anything like that so maybe someone who does can tell me. Is it Tyrod not seeing the tight ends, or is it the tight ends can't get separation?

All i can say to this, and i really am heartfelt here.. It's tough being a Bills Fan.

I think Bills have more definition than the more recent past. They run the ball they run it every which way, but they are going to run. I like like this myself. Needs to improve still but it is coming each week ( except Miami oops )

Defense is going to stop the run first. Teams know this. (except Miami double oops )

pse edit. i am not sure I care about Watkins. I want to see a balanced approach. That is not to say anything in regard to SW amazining talent

Edited by 3rdand12

I see where you're coming from here. I agree with a lot. Although I disagree that adding a better player wouldn't help.

The Bills are awful at YAC and it feels as if they rarely make plays after getting the ball. I think this offense misses a guy like Watkins who has shown he can turn the 8 yard slant into 80.

Bob Woods showed a little of this Monday night but not nearly enough to be considered a number one option. Adding homerun, play makers who can make something happen after the catch will help.

On the other hand, I'm not sure this offense is conceptually built to put guys in the position to make plays after the catch. It is the absolute opposite scheme of Brady. We take the hitches, the short outs, the safe throws and gain minimal yards after the catch. The Pats*** do an excellent job of getting the ball to players in a position where they can make plays.

Some hang this on TT, but I think it's scheme more than anything.

I see where you're coming from here. I agree with a lot. Although I disagree that adding a better player wouldn't help.

The Bills are awful at YAC and it feels as if they rarely make plays after getting the ball. I think this offense misses a guy like Watkins who has shown he can turn the 8 yard slant into 80.

Bob Woods showed a little of this Monday night but not nearly enough to be considered a number one option. Adding homerun, play makers who can make something happen after the catch will help.

On the other hand, I'm not sure this offense is conceptually built to put guys in the position to make plays after the catch. It is the absolute opposite scheme of Brady. We take the hitches, the short outs, the safe throws and gain minimal yards after the catch. The Pats*** do an excellent job of getting the ball to players in a position where they can make plays.

another good post. I think Bills will grow into the Offense that will be able to run that kind of football scheme. And I want Watkins playing !

But i think the Offense is better served learning to spread the ball around and keep the defense on their toes at this point

another good post. I think Bills will grow into the Offense that will be able to run that kind of football scheme. And I want Watkins playing !

But i think the Offense is better served learning to spread the ball around and keep the defense on their toes at this point

I'm all for spreading the ball too. So many people suggest heavily targeting Sammy, myself included. I just hope people who call for Watkins 10 targets a game understand that those 10 targets have to be meaningful. He is not a similar receiver to Mike Evans or Julio Jones, where you can just throw it up to him. IMO, these targets need to be calculated throws that were crafted on a weekly basis to expose match ups. I'd hate to see the hitch, hitch, fade pattern continue. To me, that wasn't working.

I'm curious on how the board feels he needs to be used moving forward?

Edited by AlwaysBilleve

I'm all for spreading the ball too. So many people suggest heavily targeting Sammy, myself included. I just hope people who call for Watkins 10 targets a game understand that those 10 targets have to be meaningful. He is not a similar receiver to Mike Evans or Julio Jones, where you can just throw it up to him. IMO, these targets need to be calculated throws that were crafted on a weekly basis to expose match ups. I'd hate to see the hitch, hitch, fade pattern continue. To me, that wasn't working.

I'm curious on how the board feels he needs to be used moving forward?

i am not as deep into these concepts, but i have wondered why he has not been use on screens and getting the ball behind or near the line of scrimmage. Is the attention he gets? Because if so Bills should definitely do that.

But his college RAC from near the LOS was his most popular feature i have read here??

I agree that the scheme definitely plays a big factor if not THE factor in having a consistent offense.

Also, i wasnt saying that adding a better player doesn't improve our offense. What im saying is, is that it doesn't excite me anymore because no matter the talent we bring in, they never get utilized the way they should (Charles Clay). The only major name player we've signed who is being used properly is Shady and that's only because Shady does what Shady does. He's a running back who has the ball a second after snapping the ball, unlike Charles Clay who has to run a route and wait for the QB to get him the ball.

These days it's been more exciting watching an undrafted player like Alexander and a player like Zach Brown (who i dont think has been playing lights out as of late honestly), rather than a big signing like Charles Clay.

I never expected Clay to have stats like Gronk or any other tight end that puts up big numbers, but i at LEAST expected him to get the ball at least 3 times a game. There's been at least 3 games this year alone where he finished the game with 0 catches. Am i correct? Isn't a tight end supposed to be a go to guy on 3rd and shorts? Yet before Monday night, we were and probably still are the worst in the league in 3rd and short situations.

I still agree with you though. I believe it IS scheme and it's not a secret that we're a run 1st team. Nothing wrong with that, except that if we passed a bit more and a bit more efficiently, we can actually have some design runs from the I-formation instead of tosses and draws and zone reads from the shotgun.

Don't get me wrong. Whatever we've done has been working stats wise as far as the run game. But it clearly lost us a couple games this year. Playcalls at the wrong time plays a part, but also the TYPE of run ALSO plays a part.

I'm looking forwards to getting Watkins back. Why wouldn't i? Im just not excited to the point where i think if he returns, we're going to have a better offensive game than we did on Monday night. I hope we do though. If our offense is to become what we saw on Monday night, we can go toe to toe with the best of em.

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC